Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2014 4:15:22 PM EDT
It may be that this is a thread somewhere already, and if so... I apologize.

Planning to put together my first AR build for my wife starting next month. Gonna go with a stripped lower and completed upper so I can customize our parts selection, but also not screw up the more precision stuff in the upper.

What I'm looking for is a UNIQUE look for the lower. Roll-marks are all well and good, but if it's just a logo, I'll stick to an Aero Precision and get a quality piece for a low price. So what actual interesting lower designs exist out there? In all honesty, I probably won't put out for one either way if it's over $200, but I'd love to see them even still. Btw, polymer examples are fine too, just want to see what's cool looking out there.

To get the ball rolling and give you an idea of what I'm talking about, here's Spike's Tactical's Hellbreaker lower ($299), from their site.

I'll edit the post to make it display the picture if I can figure out how here in a sec...
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Theres a company that makes color case hardened ars, not sure if they sell just the lowers but they look sweet.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#2]
STT15

http://www.santantactical.com/stt-17.html

Spike's also has a Billet GEN II.

http://www.spikestactical.com/spikes-tactical-billet-lower-gen-2-p-1203.html
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the looks of the 2A-Armament Balios-Lite lower. It's also lighter than the average lower. I just picked up a lower & upper, they are great quality.  http://www.vertexops.com/2A_BALIOS_LITE_Lower_p/2a-bl556-2.htm
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can dream it up and pay for it, somebody will make it for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:40:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's another I'd definitely say is pretty unique looking...

Tennessee Arms' Clear "Ghost Gun" Lower (image from their site).

Obviously it's polymer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:51:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/justkrillin/ghost1__29770140823712112801280_zps8cfc358c.jpg

Obviously it's polymer.
View Quote

holy shit its a m*thafk|n ghost gun! hide your childrens!

but back on topic....
thislower is very nice. simple, yet very functional..and expensive
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:13:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Gotta love the ambi stuff on the San Tan, Spikes Gen 2, and AXTS Lowers. I think the Selector markings on the Spikes G2 are my favorites of any I've seen too actually. Really nice looking design there. The markings they've started putting on magwells now to match the PMAG design is a cool idea too, except that I think we'll be getting Lancer Weapon system mags... lol.

In shear looks though, I gotta give it so far to the 2A Armament lower (well... after the Spikes Hellbreaker that is. Still the neatest visual redesign I've seen.) Something about the way they put a ridge around the edges of all the flat surfaces highlights them nicely. The 2A roll mark is a nice bonus too.

Keep 'em coming!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:26:23 AM EDT
[#8]
sortofwantdatghostgunlower.jpeg
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:35:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

for 60 bucks, I might just buy one for the hell of it. that is too cool
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Tennessee Arms' Clear "Ghost Gun" Lower (image from their site).

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/justkrillin/ghost1__29770140823712112801280_zps8cfc358c.jpg

Obviously it's polymer.
View Quote

I wouldn't mind making a .22LR pistol from one of those, but that's about it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Theres a company that makes color case hardened ars, not sure if they sell just the lowers but they look sweet.
View Quote

I believe you're talking about Sun Devil.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Turnbull is the company that color case hardens everything.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Seekins right?  I just wish they made 80%'s
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Correct
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:48:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Not a huge fan of it, but at that price it's tempting just for the "neat-o" factor.

The Seekins lower is really sweet by the way too theREASON. Different enough to be cool, close enough to not be goofy. I actually think it looks really great with the roll mark on it. Great logo.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Gotta love the ambi stuff on the San Tan, Spikes Gen 2, and AXTS Lowers. I think the Selector markings on the Spikes G2 are my favorites of any I've seen too actually. Really nice looking design there. The markings they've started putting on magwells now to match the PMAG design is a cool idea too, except that I think we'll be getting Lancer Weapon system mags... lol.

In shear looks though, I gotta give it so far to the 2A Armament lower (well... after the Spikes Hellbreaker that is. Still the neatest visual redesign I've seen.) Something about the way they put a ridge around the edges of all the flat surfaces highlights them nicely. The 2A roll mark is a nice bonus too.

Keep 'em coming!
View Quote

LOVE my SanTan...  Being a lefty with righty kids we all get to play equally.  I like the fact that it's not over-the-top stylized, just solid and exceedingly functional while still looking good.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top