Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 7:23:56 PM EDT
I started with juggernaut 80% lower and their jig. I was able to get it done and assemble it no problem. Everything functions as it should. I then purchased an upper, and the rear lug does not fit. It probably only goes in 1/4 before it jams. What would be the easiest way to clean up that area where the rear takedown lug on the upper makes contact with the lower. If I were to use a dremel tool, what kind of bit would I need to grind out some of the aluminum...basically want to make a slight channel for the rear lug to go into. If you have another suggestion, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like I got it sorted away. I simply filed down the rear lug just a bit on both sides, and it now fits. The rear take down pin fit is extremely tight though. Almost like the holes do not align 100%. I was able to wrestle the rear pin in though, so I'm happy :)
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
That is the solution, I touched several with a Dremel and a sanding drum resulting in a perfect tight marriage of upper and lower.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top