Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2014 8:38:19 PM EDT
I am wanting to put a full length hand guard on my Smith and Wesson  M n P 15, it has no front sight, just the gas block.  I need to know if I have to change the gas block, or if I can buy a kit to extend it.  
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
A low profile gas block with a 12 inch or longer rail should do it.

I like ones with set screws instead of clamp on.

Checkout youtube for videos showing removal and installation.  Doesn't matter if it is another brand.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, but with the gas block and hand guard cap in it's original place on the barrel, how would the hand guard be held on with the end of the hand guard 6 inches past the gas block and hand guard cap?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Found Found few videos that explained it better, now I just need to get some tools and see what I can tear up!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
pictures help
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]
This Damn pin is a pain in the ass!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes. The gas block taper pin is an absolute hooker.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top