BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2014 3:07:58 PM EDT
Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW5I2bCb0B0
I got the jig and it also comes with a mill plate, wich I assumed you use after drilling, but according to this just drilling and a little filing and it'd done.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Theoretically you could drill all the way through most of the lower and it would still work, but to make it look decent your going to at least want an end mill to straighten the walls and finish the floor.        

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Just buy an endmill from Enco or the like.  They are not expensive.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]
EBay is full of endmills for cheap

I got a nice new extra long 5/16 a few weeks ago for 20 bucks …. worked really good for making the last perimeter cut … mine looks nearly as good as a 100%

Or
If you’re really cheap or super broke
Grind a drill bit into an end mill

Another option is
Go to you’re local flee market or automotive swap meet …. there’s always tooling for sale
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
What size should it be and how many flutes should it have?  I see quite a few for sale one Ebay.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]
get an extra long 3/8,  2 flute,  end mill
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Definately need one to smooth the sides and floor out when finished drilling.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top