Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2014 11:58:37 AM EDT
After seeing how dirty (and how hard it cycles) with the suppressor, I'm thinking my 10.5" LMT upper could use an adjustable gas block.... And while I'm at it, get a new set of handguards! :)

I'm leaning towards a Syrac Ordnance Gen II clamp-on adjustable gas block. I'd really prefer clamp on since I'm going to be removing a pinned FSB and don't think I can get away with dimpling that (although I haven't actually removed it to see what it's like under there yet, so who knows?).

Also is dimpling the barrel difficult or necessary for the set screw variants?

Regardless, which modular handguards will fit over a Syrac clamp-on GB?

I'm pretty darn sure an MI SS G2 will NOT fit over it (very thin ID), and I'm pretty sure a Samson Evolution WILL fit over it (huge ID).

I think I'm going to avoid keymod for now...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Samson Evo on my SBR (8.5" barrel, 9" handguard).  I love it, and the Evo direct bolt on accessories are fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I use a Samson Evo on my SBR (8.5" barrel, 9" handguard).  I love it, and the Evo direct bolt on accessories are fantastic.
View Quote
I am looking at those really closely now.... Since my suppressor would just barely fit inside (1.5" diameter suppressor).

I do want the ports on my muzzle brake to not be encompassed inside though... So I'd need a very specific length.

I'll have to go home and measure where 10" would put me on the muzzle device.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Oops, double tap.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a SLR adjustable gas block over the Syrac.

I'm also shopping free float tubes right now.  For a 10.5" carbine length, I'm looking at the MI K Series 9" (7.1 oz including bbl nut) and the SLR Solo Lite 9" (7.6 oz including bbl nut).  Both are keymods, light, and should clear my Vortex and suppressor.  

The SLR has the Q mod, in which every keymod slot will accept a QD sling swivel.  That is stinking awesome.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top