Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2014 6:13:33 PM EDT
New to the "rifle" side of AR's. Know my way around the platform and carbine, but am having trouble building my "Long-Range AR." I'm trying to mount the MOE rifle stock. Built up the lower and LPK, And promptly ran into my first issue- bought a carbine buffer tube. Returned it when I saw there was no way it would work with the rifle stock. I now have the rifle length buffer, tube and spring. Went to install, and noticed I need the receiver plate (duh.) Do I need to source anymore parts besides the plate to mount the Rifle stock? Trying to make sure I get it right this last time I order.
Thanks all.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Um.....no end plate is needed for the rifle stock......

ETA: Buffer tube goes directly into receiver, slide rifle stock onto the tube and then install the single screw into the rifle butt end.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Um.....no end plate is needed for the rifle stock......
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Video here, the only difference is you won't need the A2 spacer with the MOE stock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyTfkd157e8
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top