Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2014 3:28:12 PM EDT
Hey all, Long time lurker first time builder! I just got done building her this week. I just wanted a plinker/budget build. I Went to the range to test it out and all went smooth. Except it took me a while to sight in my Magpul pro sights :( Since the front sight is on the gas block, It got super hot super quick!

Parts list:

Lower- Aero Precision=$90 at LGS
Damage Industries LPK= $40 online (Not liking the trigger. Really gritty!)
Stock/Buffer kit - No Name of Ebay=$40 (Like it so far, may upgrade in future)

Upper- SAA- $469+Shipping-(16" SOCOM 1:8 Mid Length MOE Dragon's Head  Magpul MOE Handguard, Nickel Boron BCG)
Sights-Magpul Pro's=$109 PSA. (was originally going to order upper through them but heard wait time was way long. Decided to just get the MBUS that were on sale)

So, for my first AR I think I did pretty good. I got the bug so I know I will be changing some things in the future. I just want to enjoy this set up for a while before I start laying down the dough on upgrades. Ive been told to shoot it with the iron sights for a while, then get a red dot/scope. Should I wait!

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Pic didnt show up :(
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#2]
shows for me nice stick
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I see the pic fine. Looks like you did a good job.

For the gritty trigger, take it out, get some 0000 steel wool and simply work all the surfaces with it. That should smooth out the trigger a great deal .

I do know about getting that bug. I just started a 7.62x39 pistol AR for my 2nd one :)  I built my upper from a stripped upper receiver though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank WH. I will try the steel wool....
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank WH. I will try the steel wool....
View Quote

Make sure you do the hammer surfaces also. That will also help.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top