Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 8:33:30 PM EDT
I see he has affordable billet lowers, BUT concidering the current situation with ATF would it be safe to do business with them?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I see he has affordable billet lowers, BUT concidering the current situation with ATF would it be safe to do business with them?
View Quote

Hell yeah! And have!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. ATF asked for customer info, Ares told em suck a fatty. Would do business with even right now. Besides youre not buying anything illegal anyways
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes. ATF asked for customer info, Ares told em suck a fatty. Would do business with even right now. Besides youre not buying anything illegal anyways
View Quote

I didn't know that. I thought they got the customer list.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hell yeah! And have!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yeah! And have!

FPNI
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:10:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, pay in cash and tell 'em you are Fred..........................Fred Flintstone....
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:29:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I for one wouldnt........ not right now at least.
I would try to support them and "fight the fight" as much as possible but, the customer list is already in the ATFs hands and they are in the spotlight; that I do not wish to share.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought one of their nickel boron BCG and it looks good to me. I would buy with confidence from them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#8]
The customer list is in the ATF's hands, but through the legal process, it will be returned.

But, that customer list is only from before March 2014.  Any new customers after that time are cannot be accessed by the ATF since the ATF does NOT have ongoing access to Ares servers.

Also, Ares upgraded their infrastructure, after the raid, and now all customer data sits on encrypted hard drives.  Even if the ATF were to seize the records, again, the government cannot compel anyone to unencrypt their information.

So, you information is actually safer with Ares, than it is with a lot of other websites out there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The customer list is in the ATF's hands, but through the legal process, it will be returned.

But, that customer list is only from before March 2014.  Any new customers after that time are cannot be accessed by the ATF since the ATF does NOT have ongoing access to Ares servers.

Also, Ares upgraded their infrastructure, after the raid, and now all customer data sits on encrypted hard drives.  Even if the ATF were to seize the records, again, the government cannot compel anyone to unencrypt their information.

So, you information is actually safer with Ares, than it is with a lot of other websites out there.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top