Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2014 9:11:20 AM EDT
I’m curious how the learned members on this forum feel about these barrels and the quality of each? I don’t know much except what I've read on line through reviews and product description so any help on the final decision would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/861265/wilson-combat-match-ar-15-barrel-300-aac-blackout-recon-contour-1-in-8-twist-16-stainless-steel?cm_vc=ProductFinding

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/211944/ar-stoner-barrel-ar-15-300-aac-blackout-medium-contour-1-in-8-twist-16-stainless-steel?cm_vc=ProductFinding
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go with the wilson and stay away from the stoner barrel personally.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Please explain. I was already considering the Wilson but the Stoner has a lot of good reviews.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I run a Wilson match on my 300 BO and it is a tack driver.  So far I have worked 5 hunting loads (5 different bullets) mostly in 125g.  All shoot sub moa if I do my part.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I run a Wilson match on my 300 BO and it is a tack driver.  So far I have worked 5 hunting loads (5 different bullets) mostly in 125g.  All shoot sub moa if I do my part.
View Quote

Ya, I was leaning toward the Wilson barrel but then the other one went on sale. I am still more concerned about quality though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Please explain. I was already considering the Wilson but the Stoner has a lot of good reviews.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stoner is an in-house brand for Midway.  They may source their barrels from more than one vendor.  Not sure if Wilson Combat makes their own barrels, but I imagine their quality control is fairly strict since it has their name on it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Stoner is an in-house brand for Midway.  They may source their barrels from more than one vendor.  Not sure if Wilson Combat makes their own barrels, but I imagine their quality control is fairly strict since it has their name on it.
View Quote

Thanks for your input Moondog, I didn't know it was an in-house brand. I like the Wilson because I've read the chamber and bore is polished after being cut and the attention to QC is very good.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:27:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a wilson combat barrel, specifically the 16 inch fluted barrel in 300 blackout and I put 3 bullets through the same hole at 100 yards (not an exaggeration btw). These were my own loads however they were soft points and I was shooting bench rest. The quality of wilson is outstanding. Only reason I got rid of it was because I built an SBR.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:33:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks rhyno87, I'm feeling real good about the purchase of my Wilson barrel.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks rhyno87, I'm feeling real good about the purchase of my Wilson barrel.
View Quote

You should. Wilson Combat puts out good stuff.

+1 for WC
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I was going to just go to the Midway site and buy the Wilson barrel but I went to the Wilson site as well and found out it was on sale, 15% discount so I got it for $244 shipped!!! Man am I stoked!!!

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Match-Grade-Barrel-300-AAC-Blackout-Recon-Tactical-16-1-8-Twist-Stainless/productinfo/TR-300RC16/

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wilson Combat was a good choice. Their barrels are manufactured by Faxon and their quality is top notch!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Ya, a double plus with a 15% discount.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top