Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2014 7:49:19 AM EDT
Here is my first SPR build, except for its final scope.  I just want to get out to the range, and I don't want to wait until I can afford a Mark4. So for now what we have is:
Billet 80%er
Vltor Mur1A
Noveske 18" SS / intermediate gas
Noveske BCG
Geissele SSA-E
BCM KMR 13
Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40 (until I can afford a Mark 4)
Vortex FH
LaRue buffer setup
Magpul ACL-S stock
Magpul MOE grip
Grippod GPS 02
DD lower parts kit

I think it's a pretty solid build, what do you all think?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it looks great! It does look like you have your scope mount on wrong though(or maybe I'm mistaken).
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it looks great! It does look like you have your scope mount on wrong though(or maybe I'm mistaken).
View Quote

It has since been spun around, I linked the wrong pic
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would turn the mount around, throw a Harris on it, and go shooting.

Looks good.

Have you shot it yet?
View Quote

The mount has since been changed I linked the wrong pic but that's been changed also. I'm going to the range next weekend, then I'll put up a range report. I have high hopes
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would turn the mount around, throw a Harris on it, and go shooting.
View Quote

+1 on the Harris. Looks good though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I love this build. Very practical and intelligent list of quality parts. How much does it weigh?

Total cost?

How do you like the 13 inch KMR on an 18 inch barrel? I was leaning towards 15 inch on a 17.7 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:37:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I love this build. Very practical and intelligent list of quality parts. How much does it weigh?

Total cost?

How do you like the 13 inch KMR on an 18 inch barrel? I was leaning towards 15 inch on a 17.7 inch barrel.
View Quote

It's right at 7lbs, the 13 is what I had. If I run into a deal on a 15 I'll probably swap it out. Thanks for the props, I thought long and hard before about what I wanted. Oh and by the way a Harris is also going on it as soon as I can find a deal on one
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#8]
What a sweet SPR build, you should be proud of your work of art!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top