Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2014 11:19:37 AM EDT
I bought a rainier arms match low profile gas block to go with my rainier arms select series 5.56 mid length 16inch barrel. I bought my mid length gas tube from brownells. The issue is that the tip of the gas tube fits into the gas block but won't go in any further. I've watched videos and it seems the gas tube is supposed to just slide right into the gas block. Did I buy the wrong gas tube?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
There are times when effort is required...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Just throwing this out there but are you inserting the correct end into the gas block??  It would be the end that has the vertical hole and the horizontal hole (for the roll pin).  Anyone could make that mistake so dont feel bad if that is the case.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no wrong gas tube diameter.   You need to make sure you are entering the correct hole and you may need to lightly polish the gas tube as well.  

So.. right direction...lube...polish....if you hammer it in there get it straight...

the gas tube or tube hole diameter might be off though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
could have a bur inside the gas block from the drilling of the holes
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Had the same issue with a tube i just put in. Force may be required, use some sandpaper to lightly polish the correct end of the gas tube.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I figured it needed to be a little bit of a tight fit, thanks everyone. I was getting frustrated with it and having a kid screaming in the same room wasn't helping to I decided to call it quits for the day. No need to do anything dumb and mess stuff up.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top