Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2014 7:13:22 AM EDT
Do we have a thread for poor souls that are missing small springs/pins/detents etc.?

Just wondering, because I started assembling a lower tonight, and just discovered that my LPK is missing the bolt catch roll pin.

I'm sure if I try to order one, it'll cost me 6-8 bucks to ship it, so if someone has a spare they can drop in an envelope for me, I can paypal you the cost of the pin and stamp, or I have some stuff I can trade for it.

Please IM or email me if you can help me out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#2]

hardware stores have roll pins for $.39

just take in your lower and find one that fits... buy several.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do we have a thread for poor souls that are missing small springs/pins/detents etc.?

Just wondering, because I started assembling a lower tonight, and just discovered that my LPK is missing the bolt catch roll pin.

I'm sure if I try to order one, it'll cost me 6-8 bucks to ship it, so if someone has a spare they can drop in an envelope for me, I can paypal you the cost of the pin and stamp, or I have some stuff I can trade for it.

Please IM or email me if you can help me out.
View Quote

I have a few spares, IM me your address, I'll throw one in an envelope for ya.  

You could peobbaly get one at a local hardware store, but it'd be a lot easier to get the right one if you had one to compare it to.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#4]
That is not even an AR specific part. Just go to a hardware store.
Secondly: Why not call the place that sold you the kit and get them to replace it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]
For the AR-specific parts, check out The Citizens Armory.  They ship for less than $2, and usually have the important but easy to lose parts on hand.

The bolt catch roll pin is 1/2" long and 3/32" in diameter.  Here's a handy site for information to help with this sort of issue.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Secondly: Why not call the place that sold you the kit and get them to replace it?
View Quote

I've done this, but then I've had kits missing bolt catches, safeties, pins, springs, but usually just one part.  The last issue I had was two safeties and no mag catch.  CMMG customer service was BY FAR the fastest and easiest.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#7]
BIG thanks to AFCarbon15 for hooking a brother up!!

Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for clearing that up....but my nearest hardware store is about 40-45 minutes away. I go into the city about twice a month, so I'd probably burn a half tank of gas to get that 39 cent part if I went specifically for that.
And of course I called the place I bought it. I was told by the man on the phone that I needed to email customer service with my problem and information. I expect a reply around Wednesday, and I can't say I'm 100% sure they'll even send a replacement.
So I decided to ask my ARFCOM brethren for help, and that's exactly what I got.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for clearing that up....but my nearest hardware store is about 40-45 minutes away. I go into the city about twice a month, so I'd probably burn a half tank of gas to get that 39 cent part if I went specifically for that.
And of course I called the place I bought it. I was told by the man on the phone that I needed to email customer service with my problem and information. I expect a reply around Wednesday, and I can't say I'm 100% sure they'll even send a replacement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Post up who that shitty vendor is!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:08:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I recently had a lpk that was missing the safety selector, detent, and spring. I sent an email to the manufacturer and in a couple days I had the parts that had been missing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:28:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For the AR-specific parts, check out The Citizens Armory.  They ship for less than $2, and usually have the important but easy to lose parts on hand.

The bolt catch roll pin is 1/2" long and 3/32" in diameter.  Here's a handy site for information to help with this sort of issue.
View Quote

What's up with Citizens Armory lately ?

They seem to have very little in stock parts anymore.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top