Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2014 10:51:08 AM EDT
so ares armor has a billet 80% for 60$ that is on sale from 160$.. what I don't understand is.... they also sell a 'blemished' billet 80 for 72$.. what gives?? ive kept an eye on the live instock numbers. 100 gone in a day.. how are these two different, minus the blem status...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like to reply, but there isn't a link.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
wow, I couldn't pass up $60.00 for a billet lower.
I have no idea other than they are having a sale on these and not their blems.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I would guess that the "blemished" lowers are machining blemishes.

I got two Ares Billet 80%ers and was not impressed with the finish work(or lack thereof).
There are very sharp corners on the outside corners of the magwell flare, rounded edges follow most of the 2D edges, but stop where the machining would go to 3D(magwell flare) and every edge where blending occurs(Around the trigger guard, and mag button).
You can see the poor finish in the posted picture on their website.
Overall, they function fine and I will try to smooth out the issues before I Duracoat them, but I would never have accepted these from a machine shop like this.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
still a damn good price. I have a mill and don't mind fixing a few of the issues you mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#5]
so what stripped billet uppers are out there that will look good on this? I tried it with one of my forged uppers and it doesn't match at all.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Their billet receivers might also require a little grinding on your jig to fit (if you're using a jig).  Mine did.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top