Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
Is the 5D still one of the top kits? I’m looking to get a kit that’ll work on 5.56 and .308 lowers. I’ve never done an 80% lower and now I want to do three.
View Quote

The current offerings from 5D, Modulus and 80% Arms are all based on the same design and basically look virtually identical except for the anodizing color, engraving and silk screening.

The problem is, it also appears that all of them are way behind on shipping, so if you order now it may be a few months before you receive your jig.

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thankyou. The back order really sucks but that’s what happens when late to the game.

The 5D Freedom kit sounds good, it comes with a 5.56 and a .308 lower, both of what I want to build. The cost of the jig and everything is a kick in the pants but for a guy living in a state like mine: worth the extra privacy to keep Lord Inslee out of my business.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
Thankyou. The back order really sucks but that’s what happens when late to the game.

The 5D Freedom kit sounds good, it comes with a 5.56 and a .308 lower, both of what I want to build. The cost of the jig and everything is a kick in the pants but for a guy living in a state like mine: worth the extra privacy to keep Lord Inslee out of my business.
View Quote

Get your order in soon.  Who knows what Biden might do when he gets in office.  There are rumors of executive orders banning 80% lowers or home building of firearms, etc.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SoftwareJanitor:

The current offerings from 5D, Modulus and 80% Arms are all based on the same design and basically look virtually identical except for the anodizing color, engraving and silk screening.

The problem is, it also appears that all of them are way behind on shipping, so if you order now it may be a few months before you receive your jig.

View Quote

Ordered Easy jig 3 from 80 % on Oct 29.  Arrived yesterday.  Don't know if they have caught up with demand or I just got lucky.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By southcoast:

Ordered Easy jig 3 from 80 % on Oct 29.  Arrived yesterday.  Don't know if they have caught up with demand or I just got lucky.
View Quote

That is much better than what other people have been experiencing.  Some people on here have been reporting as long as 6-8 weeks.  Hopefully it means they are catching up and this isn't just a fluke.  If so it is definitely good news.

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:38:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheBum] [#7]
I ordered a 5D Pro Jig on Oct 6 and got it yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:53:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mb44kar] [#8]
Anyone gotten the new version of the 5D pro jig where the side plates are skeletonized and the router plate is "glass-filled nylon polymer" aka plastic?
I just ordered the pro jig 2 days ago so I don't expect to see it for a month or more, but I'm worried about these parts. Lots of youtube comments saying this is just them cheaping out.

Is it still worth it with these lighter/cheaper components? Not that I'm going to cancel my order, it seems that would be hard based on similar comments. But I have some very expensive and tough to find 80% lowers to mill out and I don't need cheap tooling destroying them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered a 5D pro jig a few weeks ago and it should be here in the next few days, usps is late delivering a lot of stuff lately. I'm hoping I won't be disappointed with the recent changes to their design but my glorks are made from plastic, I ain't mad at that!

Also the skeletonizing of the sides takes more time so how is it cheaping out? If anything it's just to reduce weight, same with the new router plate. Nothing is touching that plate or drilling through it so it really doesn't need to be tough does it? I've got an engineering brain so I like to overbuild things but I'll just wait to see how it works out. I still haven't heard anyone say it doesn't work or is that they've broken, has anyone else heard anything negative besides just lip service?
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
80% Jigs Summary (Page 5 of 5)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top