Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2014 2:39:17 PM EDT
Anyone here turn an 81mm mortar can into a rifle case? If so can I see some picks? Yes I know it will be heavy as hell.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#1]
there seem to be several different sizes for 81mm mortar ammo cans, which one are you looking at?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]

14.5" x 5.5" x 22.5"

no idea how to post pics.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The little mountains glowing softly in the moonlight, with the giant metor about to crash into the earth and DESTROY US ALL!  Click that button.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#5]
ok, last two posts were useless. Anyone with something helpful?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:09:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If so can I see some picks?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They were showing you how to post pics which you admitted you had no idea of how to do.  People like pictures in order to see what you are talking about.  It's funny that you want people to post pics, but are unwilling to post any of your own.  Instead of pretending to be ignorant and helpless, help people help you.

What type of 81 can? With the sizes you listed, the box would be too small for a full up rifle carbine.  You would have to break it down which can be impracticable.  I'm sure I could toss a broken down rifle carbine in a box the size you listed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:27:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought two years ago with this idea.  How could huge watertight containers not be perfect?

Wrong size, too heavy.  Been collecting dust in my basement for years.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They were showing you how to post pics which you admitted you had no idea of how to do.  People like pictures in order to see what you are talking about.  It's funny that you want people to post pics, but are unwilling to post any of your own.  Instead of pretending to be ignorant and helpless, help people help you.

What type of 81 can? With the sizes you listed, the box would be too small for a full up rifle carbine.  You would have to break it down which can be impracticable.  I'm sure I could toss a broken down rifle carbine in a box the size you listed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was unaware the other posts were trying to help me post pics, for that I appologize. However I am not "pretending to be ignorant and helpless". I will try to figure out what they meant and get a picture up.  Also I am planning on using it to store the weapon broken down.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#9]
http://imgur.com/e6kkK0c

Sorry until I understand it a bit more this is the only way I can get a picture (at least a link) up.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I doubt those are water tight.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought two years ago with this idea.  How could huge watertight containers not be perfect?

View Quote

+1.  I have one sitting in my basement as well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

feel free to send it my way!

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#14]
If you are just wanting an interesting project, one of the long wooden ammo crates might make a neat case, probably be lighter anyway.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a 3 round can.... let me see if my rifle fits

Won't fit a 16" upper upright.... makes a decent stool though
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top