Looks good,

Done?

After you change your mind two or three times....   Maybe
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
By done I mean … its time to pick parts for another
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks great! How do you like that Magpul handguard?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By done I mean … its time to pick parts for another
View Quote

Yeah I was gonna say " Done my foot, Your just in denial, Many more will be coming."
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks great! How do you like that Magpul handguard?
View Quote

Well all I know is … the price is right - its way better looking and thinner than the 98 cent store thing PSA sent me in the kit.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:16:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mid length verses carbine.  Wise choice.  kwg
View Quote

Cause the 9 million ARs in rifle and carbine length didn't function properly? i understand the advantages of mid vs carbine on a 16, but its not the be all end all that is the "ar fashion" at the moment. If you were really worried about having the best gas system in reliability and reduced recoil, youd all be building 20" rifle length weapons. This gun would have been fine had it been built with a carbine barrel. My $0.02 on the matter....
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:03:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cause the 9 million ARs in rifle and carbine length didn't function properly? i understand the advantages of mid vs carbine on a 16, but its not the be all end all that is the "ar fashion" at the moment. If you were really worried about having the best gas system in reliability and reduced recoil, youd all be building 20" rifle length weapons. This gun would have been fine had it been built with a carbine barrel. My $0.02 on the matter....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think he meant anything by it...

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have several of each version. I have never had a gas related issue. The only nice thing about the middy on a 16 is the sight radius.  The bad thing about a middy is the rail choices if you ever want to go that route.

Ohh and a Middy is nice to have if you want to put on a bayonet. Bayos don't work well on a carbine.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top