Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2014 4:10:24 PM EDT
Thanks to you guys...I have started my first build and completed the lower!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/bdturbo/photo.jpg

Spikes lower with PSA lower parts kit and Magpul hardware.  Now its time to piece together the upper.  What upper and barrel do you guys have working nicely together?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good! My 2 builds have been PSA premium uppers(FN Barrels)
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Good start.

I have a bcm blem upper and a Wilson arms 16 " 223 wylde carbine barrel, shoots great.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!  I found a Noveske stripped upper that I really like on a site called BlackHatfirearms.com.  Anyone familiar with them? Reputable?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks guys!  I found a Noveske stripped upper that I really like on a site called BlackHatfirearms.com.  Anyone familiar with them? Reputable?
View Quote
I'm not sure why you would use a Noveske upper on a Spikes lower...

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope never seen that site . I go to these sites. Both great. Pa has incredible shipping and customer service.

Primary Arms

Bravo company

I'm not big on name brands but if you like it go for it. Out of the ones I saw quickly on that site you can get the spikes upper cheaper and will work just as good imo
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nope never seen that site . I go to these sites. Both great. Pa has incredible shipping and customer service.

Primary Arms

Bravo company

I'm not big on name brands but if you like it go for it. Out of the ones I saw quickly on that site you can get the spikes upper cheaper and will work just as good imo
View Quote

Thanks for the advise.  I just figured the Noveske name made the upper better than the Spikes.  Im learning every day.  I saw a Vltor upper aon Bravo Company, any opinion on that?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#7]
They seem to be a good company, haven't seen any complaints about it. No personal experience with it.

Don't get me wrong but noveske makes great quality products. To me as long as the upper is a good manufacturer I'll use it that's why I went with a bcm blem upper for $75, lots of others here use aero percision and anderson mfg blem uppers both are under $50.
Just letting you know they have  cheaper ones out there that will work. It's up to you on what you want to spend. Noveske, vltor, bcm, all good  in my eyes.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks great OP. I have a lower put together with literaly the exact same parts just black furniture. I have a stripped spikes upper thats waiting to be built and paired with it. I also have a Noveske Gen II lower and a vltor upper waiting to be built as well.
As far as the Spikes vs Noveske; I would just save the money and get the spikes since you already have the spikes lower. Spikes produces quality stuff.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:42:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks great OP. I have a lower put together with literaly the exact same parts just black furniture. I have a stripped spikes upper thats waiting to be built and paired with it. I also have a Noveske Gen II lower and a vltor upper waiting to be built as well.
As far as the Spikes vs Noveske; I would just save the money and get the spikes since you already have the spikes lower. Spikes produces quality stuff.
View Quote

Great to hear, thanks again!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:56:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you go with spikes primary arms has it for $99
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:37:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfect, thanks!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top