Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2014 6:28:10 PM EDT
I am looking for a 20 or 18 inch Cold Hammer Forged 410 Stainless Steel Barrel that has been Melonite or similarly treated, with Polygonal Rifling and hopefully a 1:8 twist in a Rifle length gas system.
Has anyone seen such a Unicorn?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You could buy one in 416 SS from Blackhole Weaponry (but it wont be CHF) and have it melonited by WMD Guns.  That's what I've done...

The 18" I had melonited was averaging within 70 fps of my buddy's 24" stainless DPMS barrel with M193 ammo.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am looking for a 20 or 18 inch Cold Hammer Forged 410 Stainless Steel Barrel that has been Melonite or similarly treated, with Polygonal Rifling and hopefully a 1:8 twist in a Rifle length gas system.
Has anyone seen such a Unicorn?
View Quote

It's only money brother. You can get just about anything you want if you're willing to pay for it. I'm not aware of anyone offering that particular barrel as a standard option though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:47:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never seen that tri-combo offered.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I could be wrong but I thought melonite treatment and stainless steel was a no bueno combination...
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could be wrong but I thought melonite treatment and stainless steel was a no bueno combination...
View Quote

Works great.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I buy mine from Superior Barrels.   Its pretty much a melonited CLE or White Oak barrel.  forget which.  Shoots gooood.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top