Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2014 9:03:40 AM EDT
So I'm Knee Deep in my new build. I"m doing a 6.8 SPC Build. So far I have Mega Billet Upper and Lower Set, Damage Industries LPK, ARP Super Bolt and 18"in barrel,
My Previous Builds My .300 Blk and .223 I used the ALG Defense Combat Trigger and Spikes Tactical Battle Trigger, I dont think there horrible but I've never felt I would say a "good" trigger. This will be more a 300 yd max rife since that is the longest range around here and i will just plink with it, Maybe deer hunt but tha'ts a big maybe. I know everybody raves about the Geissele triggers but i have never shot of even felt a 2 stage trigger. i was also looking at the Wilson Combat Single Stage trigger. Im just trying to figure out if i should spend the money on a good trigger or just stay with the ALG because i do like it, no creep or sloppiness.

Any and all opinions please

Thank you,
Evan
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#1]
When I started with my first Geissele, I got the G2S @ ~$140 just to see if I would like it, and it is a great trigger...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody else
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:29:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Geissele SSA E
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you looking for a single stage or two stage trigger ?

As for best value (IMHO) in a drop-in trigger module(s) (single stage units) I would go with the BTE (Battle Tested Equipment) or
the CMC (Chip McCormick) trigger modules, they are both a crisp 3.5 lbs. to 4 lbs. average pull weight...The BTE can
be had for as little as $149.99, while the CMC for as little as $159.99, both are made in the USA and offer L/T warranties.

Now, for the best dual stage or single stage (that meets Mil-Spec. drop tests) there really is only one manufacturer that I know
of that meets that standard and is still considered a match quality (light. crisp, and creep free/nearly creep free) and that
would be the Wilson TTU series drop-in trigger modules...(yeah they are pricey, but well worth the money for what you get).
They are in the $249.95 range (on sale), while they are normally price at $269.95 on the website currently.

The ALG are pretty decent for the price point (made by Geisselle) they seem to be well made and offer a consistent trigger pull...

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:54:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As for best value (IMHO) in a drop-in trigger module(s) (single stage units) I would go with the BTE (Battle Tested Equipment) or
the CMC (Chip McCormick) trigger modules, they are both a crisp 3.5 lbs. to 4 lbs. average pull weight...The BTE can
be had for as little as $149.99, while the CMC for as little as $159.99, both are made in the USA and offer L/T warranties.

Now, for the best dual stage or single stage (that meets Mil-Spec. drop tests) there really is only one manufacturer that I know
of that meets that standard and is still considered a match quality (light. crisp, and creep free/nearly creep free) and that
would be the Wilson TTU series drop-in trigger modules...(yeah they are pricey, but well worth the money for what you get).
They are in the $249.95 range (on sale), while they are normally price at $269.95 on the website currently.

The ALG are pretty decent for the price point (made by Geisselle) they seem to be well made and offer a consistent trigger pull...

Good luck.
View Quote

Didn't Geissele design their triggers for Army shooting team being that the triggers they used fired when dropped?  
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:46:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Geissele trigger G2S, SSA, SSA-E, or the S3G. Try one of these and believe me nothing feels the same as these triggers.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Didn't Geissele design their triggers for Army shooting team being that the triggers they used fired when dropped?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

I know of only TWO triggers utilizing a secondary sear in case of an accidental hammer release, the AR Gold & the Wilson Combat TTU.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Geissele SSA E
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Geissele SSA E
View Quote

I have one on every one of my rifles. They are perfect.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I recently bought an ALG Defense ACT trigger assembly kit from Brownells.
It was about $89.00 with all the lower parts. The list price on the ALG site is $65.00.
It is a nice and crisp single stage trigger.
If you want a 2 stage, then there are many possibilities from a RR 2-stage to Jard or other. I have 2 Jewell 2-stage triggers in precision ARs. They are a bit more "complicated" but  quite nice.
I have several RR 2-stage which I had tuned by White Oak and I think they are fine. I do not recommend them unturned as I had issues with them - yet it was perhaps 8 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#11]
CMC triggers are absolutely the best deal for the money.  Sorry, but I just get on the Guyslee bandwagon.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So I'm Knee Deep in my new build. I"m doing a 6.8 SPC Build. So far I have Mega Billet Upper and Lower Set, Damage Industries LPK, ARP Super Bolt and 18"in barrel,
My Previous Builds My .300 Blk and .223 I used the ALG Defense Combat Trigger and Spikes Tactical Battle Trigger, I dont think there horrible but I've never felt I would say a "good" trigger. This will be more a 300 yd max rife since that is the longest range around here and i will just plink with it, Maybe deer hunt but tha'ts a big maybe. I know everybody raves about the Geissele triggers but i have never shot of even felt a 2 stage trigger. i was also looking at the Wilson Combat Single Stage trigger. Im just trying to figure out if i should spend the money on a good trigger or just stay with the ALG because i do like it, no creep or sloppiness.

Any and all opinions please

Thank you,
Evan
View Quote

I felt the same way but figured I'd try a geissele G2S when trading place had them on sale for 140 shipped.   Best ar trigger I've owned so far.  You won't regret it.

But my ALG ACT with jp springs on it is decent enough for a single stage, if I could afford it though all but one of mine would have a G2S
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the replays guys. Still little in the air. I think its going to be the Wilson Combat Single Stage trigger or the Geissele SD-C.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#14]
SSA-E fan here.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:30:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I have used and own a Geissele SD-E, SD-3G, Super Tri-Con and the Hi-Speed National Match DMR Trigger. I personally have never used a nicer trigger than the DMR. With that said, I have never felt a Geissele trigger that is not fantastic.

Bottom line: Buy a Geissele. You won't ever regret it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Geissele SSA E
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the replays guys. Still little in the air. I think its going to be the Wilson Combat Single Stage trigger or the Geissele SD-E.
View Quote

You can't go wrong with the Wilson Combat TTU
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I have the giessele dmr currently. I wanted the ssa-e, but it wasn't in Stock at the time.  I will probably put it in my next build. That said, the dmr I is the best trigger I have ever pulled, on any rifle (bolt rifles), and I don't regret spending the money. Still, it may not be the value proposition that some others are. One thing that I really like about it, that some others may not share, is that even though it adjusts with set screws, they are quite secure. I don't worry about small threads and small parts making my rifle suddenly unusable. I have had a rra national match in the past. It does not compare, but is still quite safe and usable, although I didn't own the rifle long enough to get to the "no first stage"  stage.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top