Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2014 5:55:49 PM EDT
The parts have started to trickle in and when I went to the bench to begin assembly....  Both AR wrenches and both upper and lower receiver blocks...  AWOL.  As far as a new wrench, it seems that the offering from Gem State Armory is good to go.  I used to have a knock off and one from DPMS.  From those with the Gem State wrench...  Wll this be an upgrade from even the DPMS wrench?  On to receiver blocks...

I do have a wooden "display" stand I may use for simple building.  It's the upper block / fixture I need to be strong and able to take some decent torque with out damage.  I've seen and used the "clam" style and will go that route again if needed...  I have seen a device that clamps onto the rail and is said to provide rock solid support.  Any body use on of these gizmos?  Is it worth the money?

As backup...  Can someone recommend a good "clam" styled upper block as well?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with any wrench other than the Gem State.   I love it.

Edit: I have the clamshell from Brownells.  Milled it for clearance so I could install my LaRue.  No complaints.  Just have to watch the pinchy pinch from the hinge.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on Gem State and the clamshell. The wrench is bad a$$ and it works every time. Same with the clamshell. I use the Pro Mag clamshell from Amazon.

You will never break the wrench! You can also get other adapters for AR10's too
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top