Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2014 6:18:17 PM EDT
ATI AR M4 Profile Rifle Parts Kit

Says it includes everything except the lower receiver and trigger guard.    I already have (2) 20" AR's, but want something a little more compact.   Don't need it to be a sniper rifle, just something handy.  

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Also, both of my AR's are chambered in .223.    Will this rifle from AIM shoot .223?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It will shoot either 5.56 or 223.

The buffer tube and stock look to be commercial not mil spec.

I just looked at the add and the picture. No first hand experience.

Have you ever checked out palmetto state armory?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-stainless-mid-length-1-7-freedom-rifle-kit.html
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will shoot either 5.56 or 223.

The buffer tube and stock look to be commercial not mil spec.

I just looked at the add and the picture. No first hand experience.

Have you ever checked out palmetto state armory?
View Quote

I have ordered from Palmetto once or twice, but the majority with AIM.    I like AIM.  

I'll go take a look at Palmetto's site.   Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]
There appears to be 2 kits listed at $429.99........one is "blemished" and the other is labeled "Freedom."  

Any glaring differences between the two?    I don't care if there is a blemish or two in a kit.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Says it includes everything except the lower receiver and trigger guard.    I already have (2) 20" AR's, but want something a little more compact.   Don't need it to be a sniper rifle, just something handy.  

Thanks.

View Quote

While AIM is a fantastic vendor, and will certainly stand behind the things they sell, I would highly recommend you look at this rifle kit instead PSA 16" Stainless 1/7 twist Mid-Length Gas Kit, or this kit is you want a chrome lined steel barrel by FN PSA Preminum Blem 16" 1/7 Twist Carbine Gas Kit. Couple either one of those kits with one of these lowers, PSA Blem Pictogram Lower, or, PSA Blem Safe/Fire Lower. The uppers in both of those kits are awesome performers, and the stainless mid-length Freedom upper is a soft shooting, very accurate upper. You can't go wrong with either one. When ordering from PSA you need to understand that delivery of your parts such as uppers and rifle kits is going to take about 15 Business days, which is going to be about three weeks total. It is well worth the wait for quality parts at a great price....
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

While AIM is a fantastic vendor, and will certainly stand behind the things they sell, I would highly recommend you look at this rifle kit instead PSA 16" Stainless 1/7 twist Mid-Length Gas Kit, or this kit is you want a chrome lined steel barrel by FN PSA Preminum Blem 16" 1/7 Twist Carbine Gas Kit. Couple either one of those kits with one of these lowers, PSA Blem Pictogram Lower, or, PSA Blem Safe/Fire Lower. The uppers in both of those kits are awesome performers, and the stainless mid-length Freedom upper is a soft shooting, very accurate upper. You can't go wrong with either one. When ordering from PSA you need to understand that delivery of your parts such as uppers and rifle kits is going to take about 15 Business days, which is going to be about three weeks total. It is well worth the wait for quality parts at a great price....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Thank you for taking the time to put that together for me.     Gonna go read up on it and then hit the hay.  

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There appears to be 2 kits listed at $429.99........one is "blemished" and the other is labeled "Freedom."  

Any glaring differences between the two?    I don't care if there is a blemish or two in a kit.

View Quote

I linked to the Freedom. It's a stainless 16" mid-length gas system which will cycle smoother than standard carbine gas systems.

I saw the complete rifle at the NRA convention and it looked good.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I linked to the Freedom. It's a stainless 16" mid-length gas system which will cycle smoother than standard carbine gas systems.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do like the looks of the stainless, as both of my other AR's are all black, 20" barrels.   One has a fixed stock (believe it is called A2) and the other a collapsable stock, so my 16 year old daughter can get a better fit with the sites.    Both also have 2 stage triggers.

But for this build, just looking for something smaller with a single stage trigger and a flattop so i can put some type of optic on it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#9]
You may have already ordered something, but the first AR I put together was the ATI kit.  Overall I liked it, they have marked the price down $20 and also added free shipping.
It came with a CMMG parts kit with all the parts in color coded bags that made it easy to put together.  I would have preferred the standard AR front sight and front sling loop, and the barrel is blued.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Just ordered my 2nd kit from aim.  Total build $450.  Not bad for a new rifle.

Parts were nice fit and finish.  

Packaged well with very minimal rubbing of components.

M16 style bcg which was not listed and hard to see in pics.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Still haven't ordered........why would AIM advertise "no trigger guard?"  

Are trigger guards that hard to come up with??
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:51:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't know why but the kit doesn't come with one.  Ordered a Magpul guard for it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:16:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered the ATI kit for a build I'm putting together for a friend that wants an entry level rifle.
I'll post pics and do a review of it as soon as I get assembled and some rounds down range.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top