Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2014 8:39:35 AM EDT
I am looking for a cheap barrel for my pistol.

Found these at Classic Arms for $80. They also have regular parkerized M4 profile ones for $70.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/accessories/arbarrel10-5stainlesshbar1in8twist

Anyone have any experience with these?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I got 3 comin...will let you know...
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I got two of their 16 stainless mid fluted barrels. The center line of the fluting was slightly off center from the center line of the gas port but not a big deal. Accuracy is in line with my other rifles with my plinking ammo, 2" group with a 4x scope at 100 yards, 24.5 gr TAC and 55 gr pulled bullets. I built the rifles for my kids so high accuracy and isn't a concern.

I helped a friend build a rifle and he used their m4 lined barrel. The parkerizing was a bit rough but goes away under a coat of oil. I didn't care for the park'd feed ramps on it either. I have no knowledge of the accuracy from it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got the 7.5 and 10.5 barrels from them. The bore of the 10 looks a little dirty but other than than that they seem like nice barrels and for $70 I don't think i can go wrong. Still collecting parts for the rest of it so it'll be a minute before shooting them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot my Classic Arms 18 inch 223 Wylde Heavy barrel today.
Link
Setup in a M16 Fixed stock, and a Nordic Extended rifle tube, Harris Bipod, very inexpensive scope.

Shot about 40 rounds for function, and sight in, and no problems at all(100 rounds total today), groups started to tighten up with 50 gr VMAX, and BLC2.

Classic's customer service was great, USPS delivered an empty box on the first try.  Got the replacement in about a week and a half.

Nice!! Very happy with mine so far,
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Any updates on the 7.5 in barrels?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:10:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shot my Classic Arms 18 inch 223 Wylde Heavy barrel today.
Link
Setup in a M16 Fixed stock, and a Nordic Extended rifle tube, Harris Bipod, very inexpensive scope.

Shot about 40 rounds for function, and sight in, and no problems at all(100 rounds total today), groups started to tighten up with 50 gr VMAX, and BLC2.

Classic's customer service was great, USPS delivered an empty box on the first try.  Got the replacement in about a week and a half.

Nice!! Very happy with mine so far,
View Quote

This is the same barrel I used in a recent build, but I haven't been able to shoot it yet.  I'd like to know what kind of groups people are getting with this barrel, and once I get to shoot it I will post here to let people know what kind of results I got.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top