Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/24/2014 6:12:48 AM EDT
Currently I'm running the Magpul Miad Grip, and I've been looking into purchasing a different grip, so I started researching my options.
This may help others in the same situation. Grip Comparisons

I'm not sure how dated this information is, and there may be other options out there.
If there are any other options, please post them and share your thoughts.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at the umbrella corporation grip.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Will do.
Thanks for adding more to the topic!
Umbrella Corp - Grip 23
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a nice article but grips are a very personal thing. I may like one that you hate. I have a friend who loves the standard A2 grip and I can't get them off my rifles fast enough.  You won't know if a grip is really for you until it is in your hand.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a nice article but grips are a very personal thing. I may like one that you hate. I have a friend who loves the standard A2 grip and I can't get them off my rifles fast enough.  You won't know if a grip is really for you until it is in your hand.
View Quote

I 100% agree with that. And this was one of my main reasons for sharing what I found.
Someone took lot of time to do the write-up I posted links to in my OP. That narrowed things down considerably for me. To whomever did the review, thanks for your time, and efforts.
At least it'll give someone an idea of their options of angle, thickness and other features that may be of interest.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Love my BCM mod3
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I assume since you didn't mention what you have atm..that its an A2 grip you have currently. Of all the grips I've tried over the last 36yrs of AR usage, I like the very common MOE+ the best. At least at this very moment in the Universe. Both the  texture, feel, and shape 'for me personally' are what I'd call perfect. It would diff be worth a look if you can fine one to try out first.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I assume since you didn't mention what you have atm..that its an A2 grip you have currently. Of all the grips I've tried over the last 36yrs of AR usage, I like the very common MOE+ the best. At least at this very moment in the Universe. Both the  texture, feel, and shape 'for me personally' are what I'd call perfect. It would diff be worth a look if you can fine one to try out first.
View Quote

Edited my OP to reflect my current grip, which is the Magpul Miad.
Removing the standard A2 was my first mod.

In an ideal situation it would be great if shops had a display that had all the grips mounted on a rack right. Wishful thinking!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

MOE+ is it for me too.  The shape as well as the texture, it's almost tacky to the touch.
I also like the ol' A1 grip, much better feel than the A2 grip and there are tons available super cheap.

I detest the A2 grip, ugh.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#9]
LT APEG
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#10]
CAA grip or Grip23.
I don't like the magpuls. The BCM is nice too.

CAA is my go to.
Grip23 is also my go to.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
CAA grip or Grip23.
I don't like the magpuls. The BCM is nice too.

CAA is my go to.
Grip23 is also my go to.
View Quote

let help you out here
BCM MOD2!!
LITERALLY THE BEST GRIP EVER MADE!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#12]
This thread might cost me money!
Nice lookin grip for a rifle.

Mod2 as shown!

Just buy like 3, sell 1, build another rifle with the other :)
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Check out the Accu-Grip. I noticed the distance between the handgrip and the trigger on every AR I've handled is cramped up; IMHO. I've got small hands too! They all feel like a paint ball gun to me in this respect. You can adjust the LOP with your adjustable butt stock all day long, but that just affects the distance from your shoulder to the hand grip (essentially.)  The distance between the back of the hand grip and the trigger is too short. The ACCU-GRIP has an interface block that attaches to the lower receiver via the standard Grip Screw, and then the hand grip slides forward and aft. on this block to permit adjustment of this critical dimension.  After installing it, you can get the first joint of your trigger finger to fall precisely on the trigger, instead of compromising (with the meat of your finger pad contacting the trigger.) This eliminates the compression of the fleshy part of your finger pad from making the trigger pull an inconsistent, sloppy affair instead of a positive "joint on metal" engagement. Any elimination of variables affecting a consistent trigger pull will affect your accuracy. Some may argue that the LOP DOES adjust from the trigger to the shoulder... but actually, if you bring the LOP back until your trigger finger joint rests on the trigger, you'll STILL find your hand is not comfortably seated around the handgrip AND that it doesn't permit your finger to STRETCH OUT comfortably with a natural hand grip grasp. You'll suddenly be able to tell what trigger creep is as opposed to finger pad compression. Hope that helps you out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This thread might cost me money!
Nice lookin grip for a rifle.

Mod2 as shown!
http://cdn3.volusion.com/j4enh.r2en5/v/vspfiles/photos/BCM-GFG-Mod-2-Black-4.jpg?1394008125

Just buy like 3, sell 1, build another rifle with the other :)
View Quote

If you prefer a thicker grip as a posed to the mod0, mod1, mod2. The mod3 is your friend.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the response and involvement. It helps everyone out.
Here's a review of the BCM Mod 2 Bravo Company BCM Mod 2 Gunfighter AR-15 Grip Review
And here's a review of the BCM Mod 3 BCM Gunfighter Mod 3! Bravo Company's Latest Pistol Grip
Here's the comparison BCM Mod 1 and BCM Mod 3 Comparison Of The Steep Angled BCM Mod1 & Mod3 Gunfighter Grips
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#16]
The Accu-Grip.

I'm not necessarily sold on it, although others may feel differently. I think there's a lot lacking in the design due to the gap between the grip and the lower.
Here's a demonstration of the Accu-Grip. Accu-Grip Adjustable AR Grip
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#17]
The Hogue has been my favorite so far. I do wanna check out a K2, and umbrella corp tho..
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Someone with some extras grips ( LaRue A-Peg & BCM Mod 3) do me a favor and let me borrow them as a trial for testing purposes.
No kidding. I will buy the one I like best (honest engine) and ship back (on my dime) the one I do not like. Black preferred

Any interested in my proposition?
Who trusts their instincts that I'm a man of my word?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I have several standard A2 grips if you are interested!

JK

Rick
Quoted:
Someone with some extras grips ( LaRue A-Peg & BCM Mod 3) do me a favor and let me borrow them as a trial for testing purposes.
No kidding. I will buy the one I like best (honest engine) and ship back (on my dime) the one I do not like. Black preferred

Any interested in my proposition?
Who trusts their instincts that I'm a man of my word?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Love my BCM mod3
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#21]
More seriously, I am interested on the newer magpul stuff with the nice surface texture.  I like the A2 geometry since I do not do entries requiring close body position.  
Can anyone here help me with suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Very informative link!  I personally don't mind the A2 grips but prefer the MOE+ grips over anything I have seen.  This will probably change over time as I try out other grips and new ones get released but for now that's where I'm at.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top