Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 12:34:25 PM EDT
https://yhm.net/accessories/forearms/smooth-freefloat-ar-15.html

I am considering the rifle length. Found it on a lot of sites with decent reviews, but can't seem to find a single video, not sure why. Does anyone have experience with this particular forearm? What are the good and the bad about this? I like the quad rail at the end of the tube, and it saves me the trouble of getting rail pieces on other smooth forearms.

Other one I am considering is ATI FS8. http://www.atigunstocks.com/rifles/ar-15/ar-15/ar15-forends/ar-15-aluminum-8-sided-rifle-length-free-float-forend-with-fs8-nose-cone-and-utility-rail-package

Would love to hear which one is a better choice?

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are good. Have you seen the midwest industries rails ?

The GEN2 SS rails are super light and have a similar price point.
These

The YHM's are pretty standard.. if you going to get one.. get one that has a perk at least.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#2]
YHM makes good gear....not so sure about ATI.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

These

The YHM's are pretty standard.. if you going to get one.. get one that has a perk at least.
View Quote

I actually have a 20" with 15" G2SS. It's pretty nice but a little too skinny to my liking. It really didn't feel right in hand until I got the hand panels. So I don't think I want another one that skinny.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:53:47 AM EDT
[#4]
ATI has stepped up their game the last couple years. Can't vouche for all their products but the FS8 is decent. Look up on YouTube Sooch00's review of it. YHM is GTG too. As someone else suggested Midwest Industries rails are good. I have the SSK Keymod for a recent build.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I actually have a 20" with 15" G2SS. It's pretty nice but a little too skinny to my liking. It really didn't feel right in hand until I got the hand panels. So I don't think I want another one that skinny.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These

if you have large hands, get a G1 SS. I have banana hands and the SS G1 feels great. I like the G2 also, but it feels like I'm shooting a pencil when I pick up my wife's rifle LOL
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered a yhm off amazon for 86 + 10.95 shipping light weight spectra length for my mid length build was surprised its the cheapest I found it hope I like pics look good.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top