Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2014 5:16:09 AM EDT
Aside from the standard run of the mill AR-15 lowers, anyone know of a good lower option that has at least one side of the magwell blank for engraving an image or logo? Preferably not 80% lowers cause I don't have the tools to finish one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:02:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I have heard that Stag Arms lowers have the right side of the magwell blank, never bought one of theirs myself. Also, they are recommended by most engravers too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#2]
my recommendation:

Spike's No logo

There are probably other places you can buy it, that was just the first one that I found to show you.  But I can comment on spike's they are gtg
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Ar15 Brick has a nice cost effective choice
$55

If your ok with the serial having the letters BLEM in it.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

If I read it right the description now reads they don't put blem in the serial numbers anymore
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Take a look at CMT Tac. CMT They have great lowers and uppers and offer engraving as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I went with the Tactical Innovations (http://www.tacticalinc.com/lower-receivers-c-374_410.html).  Not only is the side clean, they come with some other upgrades such as a captured detent for the rear takedown pin, an upper tensioning screw, wire edm cut magwell, and the STBA inserts that eliminate the steel-on-aluminum of standard FCG pins.  Give them a look, I'm very happy with mine, and we did it as a group buy and all the other guys (12 of us total) are happy with them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#7]
What kind of engraving are you planning on doing?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of engraving are you planning on doing?
View Quote

Possibly laser engraving.

I really like the TDX lower from what I've read and seen.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top