Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 5:03:03 PM EDT
This is my first build I am having trouble installing the safey selector .I got a 80% lower receiver and jig set from GUNPARTSPLUS. I did the milling and drilling.The lower parts kit is from them too.Everthing works great in the lower,but the safey. I installed it the way all the videos show,but to made it work,the small part of the safey selector points backwards and the big part of the selector points fordward and then the safey is on,fire is stright up. I ordered a lower kit from STAG and it works the same way.What am i doing wrong ?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You have it backwards, small arrow should be forward (safe) and you push it down and then the small arrow will be UP (fire).

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Try to force it. It happens sometimes when I am changing out a grip and don't keep an eye on the selector.

- Make sure selector is inserted in the correct orientation. if muzzle is pointed away from you, lever goes on the left side.

- If my initial suggestion does not work, loosen the grip bolt/screw until you can move the selector to the (correct) fire position and then tighten the grip bolt/screw back.

- Make sure you are using the correct parts (don't use takedown pin detents or springs).

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Also make sure the hammer is cocked.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I know it is backwards The selector will not stay pointed forward to the safe proposition . Only if i turn it 180% then the safeywill work.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I try loosening the grip,move the selector to fire an tighten it,. still will not stay in the safe position Half to turn it 180% to make the safey to work.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you possibly get a left hand safety or have it in the wrong side?  Just a thought...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:38:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you possibly get a left hand safety or have it in the wrong side?  Just a thought...
View Quote

My first thought too as soon as I read it was a Stag part. We all know they are known for their left-handed equipment so it is very possible that it was just boxed wrong.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:25:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is my first build I am having trouble installing the safey selector .I got a 80% lower receiver and jig set from GUNPARTSPLUS. I did the milling and drilling.The lower parts kit is from them too.Everthing works great in the lower,but the safey. I installed it the way all the videos show,but to made it work,the small part of the safey selector points backwards and the big part of the selector points fordward and then the safey is on,fire is stright up. I ordered a lower kit from STAG and it works the same way.What am i doing wrong ?
View Quote

Post some pics and we may be better able to help you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Looking at the picture of the lower receiver , Iis that a LEFT OR RIGHT safey selector ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking at the picture of the lower receiver , Iis that a LEFT OR RIGHT safey selector ?
View Quote

That pic is the left side of the gun but it is a right- handed selector. This is the normal set up unless you have a lefty or ambi selector.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I have two safey selectors one from STAG and one from GUN PARTS PLUS. The 2 of them are the same.i changed  them from  the LEFT side of the lower  receiver to the right side. That is looking from the back of the receiver looking forward.They work with the small point forward.but they do not click in place.Because the marking are on the LEFT side of the receiver . So i am going to order new SAFTY SELECTORS. Do i order LEFT or do i order RIGHT. or  do i order  AMIBIDEXTROUS  SAFTY SELECTORS ??

THANK YOU   DKROCKER2
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#12]
THANK YOU
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#13]
That means i have two RIGHT HAND safey selectors. How did that happen from 2 differant dealers?

I want to THANK YOU  BULLSEYE for helping me.   DKROCKER2
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#14]
That means i have two LEFT HAND  SAFTY SELECTORS sorry i said RIGHT HAND SELECTORS
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#15]
That means i have two LEFT HAND  SAFTY SELECTORS sorry i said RIGHT HAND SELECTORS
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top