AIM nitride BCG
Model 4 charging handle
Basic forward assist & port cover

Upper:

Aero upper in FDE cerakote
Green Mountain 16" middy 1-8 in 5.56x45mm
LP steel gas block, set screw type
std A2 flash hider
UTG pro super slim handguard. installed 9" black. waiting on 13" FDE when available in May. 9" black tagged for 300 bk out pistol build this Summer.
Primary Arms 1-4x24 on PA extended mount

href=http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/jbl121/ARcomplete_zpsc58bfb96.jpg" />
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds perfectly fine other than the UTG rail (cheap heavy chinese airsoft crap)......pics?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
congrats on the first build welcome to brd
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sounds perfectly fine other than the UTG rail (cheap heavy chinese airsoft crap)......pics?
View Quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the UTG Pro's Made in the US of A ??  There were a few threads floating around about them.  I think the general consensus was they are GTG.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
When did China buy Michigan.

Toured the plant in Livonia last month and seemed everyone spoke English very well.

UTG pro 9" is 9.7 oz and the Midwest Ind. same length is 8.3 oz.

As an American, I respect any and all opinions.

Happy Easter
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#5]
the utg pro line is made in the usa.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow!!! Just joined and already made an ass out of yourself!!  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

then I should fit right in around here.....i guess my M&P 15T is the only one that comes with the crappy UTG quad with the leapers barrel nut that only works with UTG rails.  If it's so great, why is the OP swapping it out?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#8]
If you read my origional post, I am swapping it out with a 13" model in flat dark earth to match the scheme of the rest of the build. there both UTG pro super slim rails but one is 4 inches longer to cover the gas block and in FDE.

The handguard feels rock solid to me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Digging the shorter rail over a 16" with the gas block exposed
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

then I should fit right in around here.....i guess my M&P 15T is the only one that comes with the crappy UTG quad with the leapers barrel nut that only works with UTG rails.  If it's so great, why is the OP swapping it out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading comprehension is your friend....
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:34:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice work, JBL.  Can you paint the barrel and buffer tube FDE too?  Personally, I'm not fond of two-tone paint jobs, either on guns or automobiles.

BTW, there is a lot of remaining prejudice against Chinese-made components, including the UTG and Leapers brands.  Its true UTB/Leapers makes some cheap, airsoft-qualified crap, but they also make some really good gear.  I'm old enough to remember when "made in Japan" meant cheap toys made of pot metal, times have changed.  China's manufacturing prowess will become more and more apparent in the future.

Leapers is an American company that imports some products and makes some others here.  For example, Leapers China-made scopes for air rifles are very good, an excellent value for the money.  I considered their Super Slim handguard line when recently upgrading to a longer model, but passed it over, not because its UTG brand, but because it still requires indexing of the barrel nut with shims to align with the HG tube.  See the SLR Solo line or BCM's KMR line for new generation slim HGs that do away with all indexing. - CW
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the looks of the black for the barrel,lower parts, charging handle and buffer tube.

I will get some better pics when I am able to get the black 9" handgiuard swapped out with the 13" in FDE. Same handguard except for length and color.

Leapers is looking at a May rollout for the new color option.

Thanks for all the responses.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

we're not friends......
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice build. Welcome to the forums. Ignore some of the people in GD. Now go build another
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top