Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2014 3:35:21 PM EDT
I order a lower parts kit off the "Easter special" , I hear so many gripes and complaints ...I felt compelled to say something nice
A PSA small parts kit combined with an ALG QMS fire control group. I have read a lot if great things about ALG.
They had a nice discount $59 + $7 shipping

Next
I placed order online , Monday 4/14

It showed up today 4/18

I'm quite happy with that service , looking forward to my next build

This LPK is going in a build that I will detail in another post
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
PSA is GTG....what have you heard?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PSA is GTG....what have you heard?
View Quote

I see your a recent member, many people have complained about PSA's turnaround time on orders ( taking way too long )

I posted this to give a positive post about PSA , I know that they are good to go

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a built upper, bcg, lower and lower kit last weekend.

The prices are crazy good - I can live with a little delay in shipping when we're talking about a forged 7075 upper with an FN cold hammer forged barrel for only 300 bucks.

Buy from them when you aren't in a hurry.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Count yourself lucky, you had unusually good processing times from PSA although they do seem to be getting a little better.  AND being in a neighboring state definitely does not hurt your shipping times.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps they are caught up with their orders now. I placed an order last week and my card was charged that day. The order was shipped the next day. This week I placed an order on Monday and the card was charged the next day and shipped that day also. Great service.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll give PSA a positive review as well. Odered a complete upper and bcg/CH from them and although the turnaround time was about 12 or 13 days, it's a great upper and a good price in comparison to others. The easter sale have been tempting for sure. JW
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm new too, however I have put through two orders with PSA in the past 3 months and both were shipped in a very timely manner.  I ordered one LPK, AR wrench, and some other small parts in one order and three magazines in another order.  I received both orders within a week of putting the purchase through their online store.  PSA is G2G for me.

Edit:  Apparently my bro has put some orders through them on bulk "Mozzy/Moist Nugget" ammo, and that was shipped in a very timely manner as well.  That was about 5 months ago or so, maybe a little longer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:44:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Is this where we post feedback on vendors now? PSA is cheap but their service sucks, for every new I love PSA post there's a 100 others that had major problems with them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:14:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I ordered a built upper, bcg, lower and lower kit last weekend.

The prices are crazy good - I can live with a little delay in shipping when we're talking about a forged 7075 upper with an FN cold hammer forged barrel for only 300 bucks.

Buy from them when you aren't in a hurry.
View Quote

During the panic, times were long but not compared to many others. Remember Spike's with wait times of many months? They have shipped  in reasonable time under the circumstances IMHO.

I waited over a week to get a cell phone via the US mail recently, 1,000 miles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:26:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I placed orders on the  9th and 11th.  First was a Sig p238 and the second was a dissy upper and BCG.  Both shipped on the 18th.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:08:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I just purchased a Magpul MOE LPK from PSA.  I did not not get and tracking info from them until I asked 5 days after placing the order.  Their web site said I would get an e-mail within 2 days.   After I inquired my LPK shipped with no issues.   The bolt catch was mid-shaped and took some fitting to make it work in my new lower.   I ended up replacing it with a new DPMS bolt catch.  That was my first experience with PSA.   I would give them 8 out 10 stars.   I will probably be ordering a upper from them in the near future.   Most complaints I have read about them was about shipping.   I guess one e-mail to them resolved my issue.   Not too bad in my book.   The bolt catch could have been from any vendor and I do not fault PSA.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:41:34 AM EDT
[#12]
PSA rocks.  If one wants to have parts in hand moments after they pay, perhaps one should try their local gun shop; the local gun shop likely don't have what one is looking for and certainly not at PSA's price.  Amazon.com has great prices and can have it at your door in two days, if you are a prime member, but they don't have what you are looking for either.

PSA has quality goods and a great price; some want instant delivery, too?

I've made countless orders from PSA; order and forget; it may take two weeks; may take three weeks; never fails to arrive.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered from the Easter Sale as well. They must have fixed their slow turn around times. I ordered the blemished upper with the upper kit, and the Moe LPK. Got them both from one week of the day ordered them, and they were shipped UPS ground. I also ordered a lower receiver, and it shipped a little slower. It shipped out in a week from day I ordered it. As others have wrote its worth the wait at these prices. If your in a hurry for your parts you know there a little slow so go somewhere else. That is what I'll do. I have nothing but good things to say about PSA. Oh yea almost forgot I got my tracking number for my parts the same day as my order. This may of been just good luck, but time will tell as I plan on ordering more from them shortly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ordered from the Easter Sale as well. They must have fixed their slow turn around times. I ordered the blemished upper with the upper kit, and the Moe LPK. Got them both from one week of the day ordered them, and they were shipped UPS ground. I also ordered a lower receiver, and it shipped a little slower. It shipped out in a week from day I ordered it. As others have wrote its worth the wait at these prices. If your in a hurry for your parts you know there a little slow so go somewhere else. That is what I'll do. I have nothing but good things to say about PSA. Oh yea almost forgot I got my tracking number for my parts the same day as my order. This may of been just good luck, but time will tell as I plan on ordering more from them shortly.
View Quote

I ordered a blem lower and it took two weeks to get to my FFL but I knew they took a bit longer so I wasn't too worried. That and I don't have any other parts yet, so it wasn't holding me up any.

I will order from them again!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't know if this is appropriate or not, but it is not directed towards anyone who has posted in here.  Just from lurking around here for a couple months or so I have noticed many gun owners here seem to be rather frugal/boarder line cheap and rather impatient.  Seriously, waiting a week or two on a part that is hard to find is not that big of a deal and for the prices PSA and other web sites are offering you really can't go wrong.  If people weren't getting their parts I could see complaining some.  

On a side note, I love hanging out on this forum just to find new places to buy AR parts.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#16]
+1 on props for PSA.  I ordered from their Easter sale and got 3 blem uppers and 3 blem lowers shipped out in 6 days...definitely worth the little wait there was for the price and quality of the parts....
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#17]
PSA has always been GTG But If you want it fast, go somewhere else. I have recently purchased many orders from PSA and since I live on the other coast, easy 3 weeks til the tracking number arrives, then since its UPS and through Chicago atleast another week to get to me. 1 delay was a train derailment, twice they left the packages on the dock (late trailer) in Hodgkins IL. But Yes PSA is GTG for prices and stock but, IF you want it fast then go somewhere else.. The order has always been correct and packaged properly even the train derailment, the package was crushed but NO damage to product. Maybe with all the bitchin and complaining they are finally realizing they are missing out on numerous orders due to their piss poor shipping times reputation. Maybe they hired a couple monkeys to speed up the shipping department, I dont know but in my book, they will always be SLOW, until they show ME otherwise
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I just ordered a mid length stainless upper no bcg or handle yesterday. $345 shipped. Let's see how they do. If it gets here in the next week or two they will get a lot more if my business.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top