Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 10:14:32 AM EDT
I've built all but one of my AR-15 lowers, using simple tools I have around the house.

I know, however, that for putting together an upper, I'll need a bit more, specifically:

Vice block
Armorers Wrench

But what else SHOULD I get?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#1]
a work bench, of sorts
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Torque wrench (buy or borrow), vice (could use somebody else's), Aeroshell 33MS (may be able find someone send you a small amount or go to the Umbrella Corporation's website)

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I already have a work bench with a vise on it (well its at my dads house, ha).

As for the torque wrench, that would probably be a good idea, simply because of all the problems ive heard people had with under torqued barrels.

Unfortunately Umbrella Corp is out of the 33MS
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As for the torque wrench, that would probably be a good idea, simply because of all the problems ive heard people had with under torqued barrels.

View Quote

Just received my 33MS from HERE

They got recommended in a youtube video. I received it fast.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Get your rail first so you know what type of barrel nut tool you might or might not need.
Some are different.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the Geissele Reaction rod for barreling uppers but a little pricey.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the same shoes. Doing my first complete upper. So far I have access to work bench vice, torque wrench, have Tapco armorer's tool, Wheeler upper vise block (includes insert and gas tube rod guide), wheel bearing grease, "no Marr" lower vice block (has been excellent for 3 lower builds), decent roll pin punch set (worked well, although I prefer the vise grip method).
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Check out eBay.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:46:56 AM EDT
[#9]
whats the grease for??
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:55:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top