BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Soooooo now that you have the results of your test... what do you intend to do now OP?
Update us!

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I say its close enough to shoot it.  If its a safe queen or a "Special Build" send the lower and upper to get Cerakoted at the same time by the same people.  If you do both in black or another standard color will probably be around $100-$125 for both.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Soooooo now that you have the results of your test... what do you intend to do now OP?
Update us!

View Quote

Rainier arms took the receivers back but would not refund the shipping costs. SMDH but gllad to be done with it, and I'm sure they're glad to be done with me
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#4]
That's funny because now you have nothing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]

You already know the answer, why ask us?

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Rainier told me to send them in. If the opinion of the sales rep was that they didn't match, I would get a refund, otherwise not. I would have used this poll to reassert the fact that they did not match when contesting the charge.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's funny because now you have nothing.
View Quote

Not sure where you got your facts, but I'm working on something new already.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#8]
And when can we expect another "receiver matching" poll for the upper you plan to use on that lower?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I can throw something together if you'd like.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Why the hell didn't you just match it to that then?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can throw something together if you'd like.
View Quote

Yes, please do! ScoeyAZ would love it too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#12]
No they don't match. If you ordered and paid for a matching set, I'd be pissed too. Guys, not everyone buys these for "combat". If I got two parts for my car repainted at the same shop and they were both not the same, if be pissed. I have multiple lowers, many from the same company and looking at the the colors are all 95% identical. Op has one a lot worse than 95%. RA should stand behind their products and exchange either one so he gets a color and fitted matched set. What's it cost them to exchange it? $20? Any reasonable company would take care of the customer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#13]
No respectable company should take this back based on small variances. You should maybe Google the anodizing process and see what really goes into it before you get too picky. If you really want two parts that match exactly cerakote is the only way to make that happen. Even then if you pull out a color compatison sample you'll see small differences there. You are asking for something that is not obtainable with a process such as anodizing or blueing.

Oh and good luck when trying to match and n4 or mur upper to that lower. Half the murs are purplish and the other half are grey. I'm not sure they'll match the blem on your takedown pin.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope the OP never buys a SCAR.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No they don't match. If you ordered and paid for a matching set, I'd be pissed too. Guys, not everyone buys these for "combat". If I got two parts for my car repainted at the same shop and they were both not the same, if be pissed. I have multiple lowers, many from the same company and looking at the the colors are all 95% identical. Op has one a lot worse than 95%. RA should stand behind their products and exchange either one so he gets a color and fitted matched set. What's it cost them to exchange it? $20? Any reasonable company would take care of the customer.
View Quote

Thank you. If you're going to advertise something as a "match", then it should fucking match. I shouldn't have to pay extra to cerakote it. Say what you want, but if you felt you'd been blatantly screwed by a company, I hope you'd all have the balls to blow the whistle too. If I saved one person from dealing with the same bullshit, I'm happy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No respectable company should take this back based on small variances. You should maybe Google the anodizing process and see what really goes into it before you get too picky. If you really want two parts that match exactly cerakote is the only way to make that happen. Even then if you pull out a color compatison sample you'll see small differences there. You are asking for something that is not obtainable with a process such as anodizing or blueing.

Oh and good luck when trying to match and n4 or mur upper to that lower. Half the murs are purplish and the other half are grey. I'm not sure they'll match the blem on your takedown pin.
View Quote

How do all my PSA lowers match then?

What about my BCM uppers?

Oh and my spikes lowers? They all are identical to my eye, in terms of color. And these weren't sold as a set, the OP's is. I'd send them back, if they won't take them back that's what a CC dispute is for as you did NOT get what was advertised. I'm sure if you threaten a dispute, they will probably be more willing to help you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#17]
While I understand why uppers and lowers are hard to match, I completely agree with the OP.  This was sold as a matched set.  That means it matches in color and fit.  If I had received that I would have returned it also.  If I had received a set that matched in color but was loose as hell then I would have returned it also.  If the OP wanted a mismatched set then he could have just ordered them separately or whatever.  The fact that he chose to purchase a matched set means he wanted one that matched in color and fit, and this one did not.  

I gave up trying to match uppers and lowers years ago.  Maybe the OP will get to that point one day but the fact remains that he did not get what was advertised.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:46:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I've opened up the bag inside the box on brand new M16a2's. They didn't match either.

It's a rifle. It is not a wall hanger.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
While I understand why uppers and lowers are hard to match, I completely agree with the OP.  This was sold as a matched set.  That means it matches in color and fit.  If I had received that I would have returned it also.  If I had received a set that matched in color but was loose as hell then I would have returned it also.  If the OP wanted a mismatched set then he could have just ordered them separately or whatever.  The fact that he chose to purchase a matched set means he wanted one that matched in color and fit, and this one did not.  

I gave up trying to match uppers and lowers years ago.  Maybe the OP will get to that point one day but the fact remains that he did not get what was advertised.  

View Quote

Matched set generally just means same company manufactured them. I have a colt upper and a colt lower doesn't matter if one is Brown it is still a matched set. Noveske sold their aeres rifles with the purplish lowers and mostly black murs. No one thought for a second they weren't a matched set because the logos are the matching part.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Lets not forget he was refunded.

Customer Service is still excellent.

Secondly.... its the amount of complaining and 3 threads later with polls and sht is what people are complaining about.

My Fortis rail doesn't match my Seekins upper.. but after you slap them all together and decorate them you can hardly tell.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#21]
FYI: Zandervitreus

Take down PINS never match. So its fk'd anyway unless you plate them all the same color like this
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:53:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Matched set generally just means same company manufactured them. I have a colt upper and a colt lower doesn't matter if one is Brown it is still a matched set. Noveske sold their aeres rifles with the purplish lowers and mostly black murs. No one thought for a second they weren't a matched set because the logos are the matching part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have never bought a "matched set" but if it doesn't have to match in color and fit then what makes it different from just ordering a rainier arms upper and separate lower or a Noveske upper and lower separately?  I have seen Noveske matched sets and Noveske chainsaw matched sets for sale at Rainier and elsewhere.  Why pay the extra money for a "matched set" when they are not really "matched".  

As far as your Noveske comment, LOL, I love Noveske and have three of their rifles but I have never had two Noveske parts that matched.   To be a top company and all the praise for fit and finish, I just haven't seen a real quality difference worth the price.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#24]
prefect match. both are black.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd have just wiped the lower down with some CLP, or decided not to care.  The dust cover and FA match the lower for a custom 2-tone flat/satin effect.  Most pay extra for this, you got it for free!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#26]

When it says matching.. I assume automatically they are talking about the fit that is matching. Also that the BRANDS are matching (both rainier).
Unfortunately by default I would assume the color would match perfectly too.

Same thing for a MEGA matched set. Except they do all their anodizing for their upper and lowers at the same place. In house I think.
Truly a color matched set and fitted match set.

Rainier also sells match grade tolerance uppers too right?
Sucks to find out the hard way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#27]
GL finding an anodize finish matched receiver set. Cerakote or Paint is the way to go if you're really concerned.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#28]
[size=]That is understandable, but the website references fitment. It never really crossed my mind to get the colors matched right out of the UPS man's hands. Anodizing varies just about always, its easily adjusted, and By the time the rifle is together mine always seem to match. I personally have some fugly lowers but I know as soon as they growup into rifles they will look just like ever other anodized part. [/size=2]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Do even offer that zombie lower in a matched set? I looked all over their site and couldn't find it, also the matched pair they do offer and show a picture of only mentions fit and the pic shows the upper and lower being slightly mismatched in color.

I don't know, I think they called it the way I would have the first time. Don't matter now I guess, hope your looking for a cerakoter awhile though for whatever's next.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Isn't matched sets based on fit, not finish?

At least that is what I would hope if I purchased a matching mega set.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Isn't matched sets based on fit, not finish?

View Quote

yes, but maybe the market is evolving, now to put beauty before function? I see a new video lineup on the horizon of late night infomercials, 'Marketing Gone Wild'.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:36:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mega is dead nutz perfect.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Yea, that Mega match is about the exact opposite of my PSA/CMMG mixed set.

Problem is, I don't know if the upper or lower is more out of spec, so I don't want to SBR that lower. So I need to buy a Mega set to SBR, then build up another AR, then... fucking never ends.

But to the OP, I honestly don't think once your rifle is together, with oil oozing out, and such you will notice. I bet if I took a picture of my mix and match ARs they wouldn't match under the eye of a camera under good light, but even my OCD self doesn't think about it. If it came from Rainier, I bet the two will be nice and snug.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I hope the OP never buys a SCAR.

http://i.imgur.com/cxmRDQ9m.jpg
View Quote
yeah but its also not sold as matching now is it
it was advertised as matching and he bought it because he wanted a matching set and when received it clearly it didnt match,is it so shocking that he wasn't pleased.company should take it back and cover shipping both ways

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top