AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi all,

The test shoot was successful and below is my observations. I also included a close up of me shooting to see the trigger action. More importantly, I included video of a very talented gun smith explaining how to use the trigger. Keep in mind the videos where taken with a cell phone and posted by one of the guys at the gun shop where we did the testing.

Guns used was a 223 with oss suppressor which was the one in the video. We did add a rail guard halfway thru due to heat. We also shot the trigger in 300 blackout sbr with integral suppressor. Lastly, we shot the trigger in a 9mm carbine. The trigger was sub 400 serial number.

First observation was semi performs as expected from a quality trigger. The tac con mode does perform rapid fire as shown in the marketing videos from the company. The tac con mode does have a learning curve. To compare this to the slide fire, my experience is the slide fire is easier to learn and perform full mag dumps. With experience, I would expect the tac con mode can perform the same.

The tac con rate of fire on the ar platform both in 223 and 300blk performed the same. To compare to slide fire the rate of fire with tac con is slower, but again with experience this may be able to be increased.

Lastly, we installed the trigger in a 9mm carbine. This test did not go well. The rate of fire had increased to more than double of what was achieved previously. This we believe had caused a premature firing of the bullet before it was completely seated in the barrel. The result was dangerous and damaged my upper. I would recommend anyone planning to use this trigger outside of the typical ar lower, contact both tac con and the gun manufacture prior for guidance. I opted to not post the gun we used for this test as the failure could have been for a number of reasons.

My personal summary and opinion:
Tac con and slide fire have done a great job bringing a kinda-sorta machine gun to the those who like to play. Both products work completely different and have their place, again for those that like this type of fun.

I will be keeping my slide fire and look forward to receiving the tac con. Both will have a place in my collection of fun.

Now for the good stuff. Videos.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/lazy21_photo/?action=view¤t=20140104_151900_zps3eaff058.mp4

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/lazy21_photo/?action=view¤t=20140104_152634_zps4258a33a.mp4

Regards,
Doug
View Quote

You must do advertising copy in your spare time, this reads like a sales pitch not a review.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
http://s230.photobucket.com/user/lazy21_photo/media/20140104_151900_zps3eaff058.mp4.html
and
http://s230.photobucket.com/user/lazy21_photo/media/20140104_152634_zps4258a33a.mp4.html
work for me.

Everyone is wondering how it works in the "third position", but my big question is: how is it in the standard semi-auto?  If the normal operation sucks, it's a deal breaker for me.  But I'll pay a premium for a very good semi-trigger with an added third position.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#4]
third position pull is light and reset is very minimal. But you're slightly tapping it for the fa affect
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You must do advertising copy in your spare time, this reads like a sales pitch not a review.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi all,

The test shoot was successful and below is my observations. I also included a close up of me shooting to see the trigger action. More importantly, I included video of a very talented gun smith explaining how to use the trigger. Keep in mind the videos where taken with a cell phone and posted by one of the guys at the gun shop where we did the testing.

Guns used was a 223 with oss suppressor which was the one in the video. We did add a rail guard halfway thru due to heat. We also shot the trigger in 300 blackout sbr with integral suppressor. Lastly, we shot the trigger in a 9mm carbine. The trigger was sub 400 serial number.

First observation was semi performs as expected from a quality trigger. The tac con mode does perform rapid fire as shown in the marketing videos from the company. The tac con mode does have a learning curve. To compare this to the slide fire, my experience is the slide fire is easier to learn and perform full mag dumps. With experience, I would expect the tac con mode can perform the same.

The tac con rate of fire on the ar platform both in 223 and 300blk performed the same. To compare to slide fire the rate of fire with tac con is slower, but again with experience this may be able to be increased.

Lastly, we installed the trigger in a 9mm carbine. This test did not go well. The rate of fire had increased to more than double of what was achieved previously. This we believe had caused a premature firing of the bullet before it was completely seated in the barrel. The result was dangerous and damaged my upper. I would recommend anyone planning to use this trigger outside of the typical ar lower, contact both tac con and the gun manufacture prior for guidance. I opted to not post the gun we used for this test as the failure could have been for a number of reasons.

Tac con and slide fire have done a great job bringing a kinda-sorta machine gun to the those who like to play. Both products work completely different and have their place, again for those that like this type of fun.

I will be keeping my slide fire and look forward to receiving the tac con. Both will have a place in my collection of fun.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/lazy21_photo/?action=view¤t=20140104_151900_zps3eaff058.mp4

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/lazy21_photo/?action=view¤t=20140104_152634_zps4258a33a.mp4

Regards,
Doug

Thanks for the compliment.

Instead of throwing hand grenades, I might suggest "hey, thanks for taking the time to join ar fourm and make the effort to provide some feedback on a new product that no one else has taking the time or been able to do"

With that said, let's clear the air. I have zero compensation with any parts or gun manufacture which includes tac con. I also do not know anyone or have spoken to anyone at tac con.

I might suggest a more tactful approach when questioning someone's credibility. This may be the reason no one else has taken the time to post a review.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you post the 3rd video with steve going thru how the trigger works. I think this folks may find the most helpful.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Worth the 5 hundo.. Hmmmmmmm .. I dunno ...... think ill wait till price drops...... I'm pretty sure you can dump a mag almost as quick with a nice quality semi auto trigger..... like the third position though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]
But how is the normal semi-auto trigger pull?  Does it feel like a genuinely quality trigger?  I'm interested in either this or a Geiselle - I want a quality standard trigger and I'm happy to pay more if it has this as an added bonus - but not if it sacrifices a smooth standard semi trigger.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://s230.photobucket.com/user/lazy21_photo/media/20140104_151900_zps3eaff058.mp4.html
and
http://s230.photobucket.com/user/lazy21_photo/media/20140104_152634_zps4258a33a.mp4.html
work for me.

Everyone is wondering how it works in the "third position", but my big question is: how is it in the standard semi-auto?  If the normal operation sucks, it's a deal breaker for me.  But I'll pay a premium for a very good semi-trigger with an added third position.
View Quote

i have to agree-somewhat.  I have been curious about the 3rd position for a while but that's all people talk about.  I want to know about the semi auto function as well.  But based on what he said in the video it seemed like a short trigger with a short reset (in the third position) not sure how much that would change in the 12 position
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

i have to agree-somewhat.  I have been curious about the 3rd position for a while but that's all people talk about.  I want to know about the semi auto function as well.  But based on what he said in the video it seemed like a short trigger with a short reset (in the third position) not sure how much that would change in the 12 position
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and
work for me.

From reading elsewhere the single stage is crisp with no take up and very little over travel. The few that have shot them seem to really like them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But how is the normal semi-auto trigger pull?  Does it feel like a genuinely quality trigger?  I'm interested in either this or a Geiselle - I want a quality standard trigger and I'm happy to pay more if it has this as an added bonus - but not if it sacrifices a smooth standard semi trigger.
View Quote

In my opionon the trigger in semi was smooth, however we didn't spend much time in semi as our focus was 3rd position. I would defer to someone else that gets a trigger for their feedback on this. However, some of the guys who shot the tac con today are watching this forum and may jump in. I do have geiselle on my 300blk.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

In my opionon the trigger in semi was smooth, however we didn't spend much time in semi as our focus was 3rd position. I would defer to someone else that gets a trigger for their feedback on this. However, some of the guys who shot the tac con today are watching this forum and may jump in. I do have geiselle on my 300blk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In your opinion could you dump a 30 rd mag close to as fast with the Geiselle as the TACCON in the 3rd position?......
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In your opinion could you dump a 30 rd mag close to as fast with the Geiselle as the TACCON in the 3rd position?......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Close, yes. With more expereince on tac con however this I believe would win the rate of fire in my hands. Keeping in mind I have 1000's rounds on geiselle and less than 100 on tac con.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hi all,

Regards,
Doug
View Quote

Thank you for your honest review. From your small experience with the 3MR, which would you rather take to a range for wasting ammo, the Slide Fire or the 3MR?

I sold my Slide Fire a few weeks back, waiting to pick up a 3MR on the second hand market.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I am intrigued that so many here are being contacted by the company about their triggers being ready to ship and/or on the way. I somewhat impulsively decided to get in on the pre-order. I was one of those that got in before it was officially open. I managed to be order 42. I received notification via email from TacCon that my order had been accepted that night. Since then I have had exactly ZERO contact from the company. I personally am a little put off by this. How is it guys more than 100 orders down from me are being personally contacted about triggers being on the way? I don't know any of these people making the claims. And I am reluctant to call someone I do not know a liar, but I can not understand why they would be shipping out of order.

Since ordering I have been a little uneasy. I have to say that as more time passes and more videos are being posted I am not any more confident that I am going to like the product. I am not quite to the point of canceling my order, but I have been considering it more and more. Given everything about this trigger I think I would have been better off going with the Fostech stock instead. The main draw for my with this trigger was that it was discreet and did not outwardly show there was any alteration to the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 12:54:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

snip The main draw for my with this trigger was that it was discreet and did not outwardly show there was any alteration to the rifle.
View Quote
IDK, having a safety that goes to the traditional full auto position to produce rapid fire seems a little more suspect than a stock that looks and acts just like a collapsible stock when not being utilized.

Link Posted: 1/5/2014 2:34:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
<a href="http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/lazy21_photo/20140104_151900_zps3eaff058.mp4" target="_blank">http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/lazy21_photo/th_20140104_151900_zps3eaff058.jpg</a>
View Quote

I was under the impression if you hold more than 41/2lb pressure let say 5-6lb it will keep on firing,
but this guy is saying you have to pulsate your finger to get it going    

Link Posted: 1/5/2014 2:50:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
IDK, having a safety that goes to the traditional full auto position to produce rapid fire seems a little more suspect than a stock that looks and acts just like a collapsible stock when not being utilized.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip The main draw for my with this trigger was that it was discreet and did not outwardly show there was any alteration to the rifle.

You can not tell it goes into the 3rd position without handling it, you can spot one of the stocks from across the street. This is what I meant by discreet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I think most will be disappointed when they find out that it takes more effort than just holding pressure on the trigger to get it going. Spending $500 on it  before hearing some real life stories is just not happening for me
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 6:32:42 AM EDT
[#21]
My opinion of the review is not to good, the video is way too short and there is no review by the shooter after he fired.
The young man who explains how to shoot it is a bit confusing he's talking about  pulsate your finger on the trigger and then he sad something of the recoil will keep it going

And there is a the 9mm story that it was  premature firing before the bullet seated in the barrel.

Could this happen in a regular .223 BCG. I hope not.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 6:49:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My opinion of the review is not to good, the video is way to sort and there is no review by the shooter after he fired.
The young man who explains how to shoot it is a bit confusing he's talking about  pulsate your finger on the trigger and then he sad something of the recoil will keep it going

And there is a the 9mm story that it was  premature firing before the bullet seated in the barrel.

Could this happen in a regular .223 BCG. I hope not.
View Quote

The "review" just seems to have raised more questions, not answered anything.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 7:26:03 AM EDT
[#23]
If you think its a hold down and shoot, you'll be very disappointed(just go your self a registered sear or lower). The MFG's video says it all @ the 41 second mark. You are tapping,pulsating, bumping(whatever you choose to call it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQtCTUq4Y_I
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#24]
They mentioned the 9mm running much faster which world support the idea that the trigger reset pushing into your finger in basically bump firing from trigger slap. If it was based on the pulsation of your finger then the ROF would rely on the shooter and wouldn't change caliber to caliber.
The new question I have is if the 9mm got bolt bounce or if the hammer filled it home and caused a slam fire.

I'm looking forward to getting my trigger from the perspective that the sights don't move back and forth like using the slidefire. I had planned to dedicate it to a 9mm integral I have
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They mentioned the 9mm running much faster which world support the idea that the trigger reset pushing into your finger in basically bump firing from trigger slap. If it was based on the pulsation of your finger then the ROF would rely on the shooter and wouldn't change caliber to caliber.
The new question I have is if the 9mm got bolt bounce or if the hammer filled it home and caused a slam fire.

I'm looking forward to getting my trigger from the perspective that the sights don't move back and forth like using the slidefire. I had planned to dedicate it to a 9mm integral I have
View Quote

This is cause for concern for me as well. If the ROF is too fast for a standard 9mm setup causing an issue. Perhaps a heavier buffer aiding in slowing down the action may fix this issue , assuming this failure was caused by the trigger that is.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am intrigued that so many here are being contacted by the company about their triggers being ready to ship and/or on the way. I somewhat impulsively decided to get in on the pre-order. I was one of those that got in before it was officially open. I managed to be order 42. I received notification via email from TacCon that my order had been accepted that night. Since then I have had exactly ZERO contact from the company. I personally am a little put off by this. How is it guys more than 100 orders down from me are being personally contacted about triggers being on the way? I don't know any of these people making the claims. And I am reluctant to call someone I do not know a liar, but I can not understand why they would be shipping out of order.

Since ordering I have been a little uneasy. I have to say that as more time passes and more videos are being posted I am not any more confident that I am going to like the product. I am not quite to the point of canceling my order, but I have been considering it more and more. Given everything about this trigger I think I would have been better off going with the Fostech stock instead. The main draw for my with this trigger was that it was discreet and did not outwardly show there was any alteration to the rifle.
View Quote

I'm kind of in the same boat, #130 and haven't heard anything. I specified a left hand safety, so it could be that they are making right hand only right now. They initially emailed me and told me they were going to release the left hand/ambi safety later on.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is confusing me. You use the AR15 trigger in a carbine other than an AR15?
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#28]
I think on the 9mm was a slam fire the hammer  followed the bolt.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no hope for some, thats why we need all these stupid warning labels for people like you

http://bit.ly/196kkaJ
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There is no hope for some, thats why we need all these stupid warning labels for people like you

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said he recommends people only use it in a "typical" AR lower and that he won't say which carbine he used in in, I ask for clarification and I'm an idiot? Wonderful help you are.

If anyone would like to explain to a dunce like myself what exactly he is referring to I would appreciate it. I have a standard AR lower with a mag well block and 9mm upper that I might like to use this trigger in.

Unfortunately I'm not a gifted genius like Lazy21 so I don't know if the tester is referring to any lower setup for 9mm or some other platform entirely or what.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I was not in the shop when he had the "Failure". But I would be willing to bet when Doug posted "typical", he meant 5.56/300blkout. I apologize for going off, just some comments pissed me off and yours was the last one I read ;) .
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I was not in the shop when he had the "Failure". But I would be willing to bet when Doug posted "typical", he meant 5.56/300blkout. I apologize for going off, just some comments pissed me off and yours was the last one I read ;) .
View Quote

Why would any comments piss you off?  Unless  you are affiliated with the company?
Still why would it piss you off? We can question any product we want, especially a pre order product that has just a few intriguing videos floating around.

And before you label me I have pre ordered. I like the idea of havering selectable reset on a trigger.
Do I have childish ideas of it being the same as FA , no.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Why would any comments piss you off?  Unless  you are affiliated with the company?
Still why would it piss you off? We can question any product we want, especially a pre order product that has just a few intriguing videos floating around.

And before you label me I have pre ordered. I like the idea of havering selectable reset on a trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a fucking jackass, you should really consider a screen name change

These guys took their time to post what they thought you guys would really like and got me involved only because I shot the video on my phone. Just reminds me why I never posted on this site
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

These guys took their time to post what they thought you guys would really like and got me involved only because I shot the video on my phone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These guys took their time to post what they thought you guys would really like and got me involved only because I shot the video on my phone.

I figured he meant me, I always have a problem when I see recent join/first post free memberships hyping a new product.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one they are pissed at.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

These guys took their time to post what they thought you guys would really like and got me involved only because I shot the video on my phone. Just reminds me why I never posted on this site
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a fucking jackass? Chill out princess.
I asked a simple question.  Just seems there's a lot of new posters getting to shoot it when no one else has gotten a chance.

I like the idea of the product and have pre ordered one.
I have said nothing bad about the product or the videos. The videos show the trigger to be exactly what I figured it would be.
I would like more info on the 2nd position trigger pull.
To me that more important than the 3 position. 3rd is just hopefully a added bonus to a really good semi auto trigger.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I figured he meant me, I always have a problem when I see recent join/first post free memberships hyping a new product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one is pissed except lazy21.

I asked why he would be pissed off at people if he had nothing to do with the trigger except film a test fire.
Struck me kinda strange, but now I'm a jack ass for asking him

ETA
If he is an employee I don't care, just be honest about it. If he was I'd ask more questions and ask for some more videos.
I'd like to see a 2nd position trigger lb test. Also see a close up shot of 2nd and 3rd position reset.

I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I know this is about the Tac-con but check these short videos out of the Geiselle's super 3 gun trigger… The second video is with a .22lr conversion… Doesn't seem the rate of fire is any better… Maybe just easier with the tac-con?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDLjfW_LJnE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJOpTjycK90
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#38]
The attitude presented by everyone related to the company posted here is pretty incredible.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#39]
stop the pissing match or I will send you packing
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top