User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 13
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It sounds like ordering from Ice is a complete gamble when it comes to customer service and QC, I wonder when they will start to comment in their industry forum again.
View Quote

I'm an ice arms dealer but should probably delete my account just ended that.. They have literally ignored every attempt I've ever made to order from them.  Probably because they had previously contacted me about becoming a vendor for them and after a verbal agreement was made,  and I spent thousands gearing up, they decided to ignore me about that too.  Not so much as a "fuck you" from them.  Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think they could be the next BCM.
View Quote

Why do you think this?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm an ice arms dealer but should probably delete my account just ended that.. They have literally ignored every attempt I've ever made to order from them.  Probably because they had previously contacted me about becoming a vendor for them and after a verbal agreement was made,  and I spent thousands gearing up, they decided to ignore me about that too.  Not so much as a "fuck you" from them.  Lesson learned.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It sounds like ordering from Ice is a complete gamble when it comes to customer service and QC, I wonder when they will start to comment in their industry forum again.

Wow, really?  Damn.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wow, really?  Damn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, really?  Damn.

Without getting into what I do, because I dont want to advertise, im an 07 FFL that specializes in a couple of things applicable to AR rifles. I'm small time, my wife and I own the company, and we're pretty much set to do about 5 jobs a day. They told me to be ready for 2k to 3k a month. I even had a couple of people ready to go through the hiring process. So it didnt just cost me, it got two people's hopes up, both of whom REALLY needed the work.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
OK maybe they won't be as big as BCM, but if they get there ducks in a row they could be a decent company. The prices are decent the products look good in the pics. An example Ray Kroc started McDonalds made a ton of money he was the first. Then Dave started Wendys and he also made a ton of money. I'm just saying everybody has to start some where. I decided to give the new guy a chance, even though if things are not all rave reviews about them. If there is a problem with my order, I will give them a chance to fix it, if they don't they can fight Visa. I'm sure Visa has more money then Ice Arms so I'm not worried. Just giving them a chance.  Dumb on my part could be, but we will see. I will update this thread with my experience with them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OK maybe they won't be as big as BCM, but if they get there ducks in a row they could be a decent company. The prices are decent the products look good in the pics. An example Ray Kroc started McDonalds made a ton of money he was the first. Then Dave started Wendys and he also made a ton of money. I'm just saying everybody has to start some where. I decided to give the new guy a chance, even though if things are not all rave reviews about them. If there is a problem with my order, I will give them a chance to fix it, if they don't they can fight Visa. I'm sure Visa has more money then Ice Arms so I'm not worried. Just giving them a chance.  Dumb on my part could be, but we will see. I will update this thread with my experience with them.
View Quote

See this is where you are wrong.  Yes, people start somewhere...but Kroc and Dave didn't pick the meat patty up from the floor and served it, nor did they ignore the customer who just paid for their meal and was given the run-around and keep telling them their burgers are already made..just need to bring it up to the front when they customer can clearly see everything happening in that little open kitchen that there's nobody making any damn burgers back there, while Kroc or Dave is jack-assing around horseplaying with the employees in the back, instead of seeing why the customer is not being taken care of.

There are many other companies that offer great prices with great products to go along with it...and don't forget, got to have great customer service that don't lie to you straight to your face and make you look like a fool while they're at it.  Shadow Ops is an example of what you are describing as a new, startup with great prices and customer service.  Their "blem" NiB bcg is way cheaper than Ice, yet the quality and craftsmanship is beyond anything Ice carries, even beating out the finish and quality of their "new" bcgs.  Ask me how I know.  Plus, you get immediate order confirmation email with shipping out right away, instead of being LIED to about having "IN STOCK" when it clearly is not- having a manufacture making a product for you and drop shipping them once available is NOT the same as having the item IN STOCK.  But it is your money, and do as you wish.  If the countless posts everywhere, even their own industry forums where customer's questions are being ignored and deleted at will don't discourage you...a fool is soon parted with his money.
They are laughing at the "foolish sheeps" falling for their cheap prices and lies of "yeah, yeah, I'll make sure it gets shipped out today and I'll take care of you..meanwhile they laugh and say to themselves hahahahaha idiots, lemme take your money.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I looked at the Shadow Ops BCG, but couldn't find anything about them on interwebs. If my order goes south with Ice Arms it will be talked about in this thread if it goes good it will also be talked about here. I don't consider my self to be a sheep and follow the herd, if I was that I would have ordered a BCG from Rainier Arms and been done with it. I just gave a new guy chance, is that so bad? I don't think so. Like I said in my post earlier Visa probably has more money then Ice Arms. My order gets fuked up Visa gives me my money back no big deal, if that happens I will order the Shadow Ops BCG and try that out.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

See this is where you are wrong.  Yes, people start somewhere...but Kroc and Dave didn't pick the meat patty up from the floor and served it, nor did they ignore the customer who just paid for their meal and was given the run-around and keep telling them their burgers are already made..just need to bring it up to the front when they customer can clearly see everything happening in that little open kitchen that there's nobody making any damn burgers back there, while Kroc or Dave is jack-assing around horseplaying with the employees in the back, instead of seeing why the customer is not being taken care of.

There are many other companies that offer great prices with great products to go along with it...and don't forget, got to have great customer service that don't lie to you straight to your face and make you look like a fool while they're at it.  Shadow Ops is an example of what you are describing as a new, startup with great prices and customer service.  Their "blem" NiB bcg is way cheaper than Ice, yet the quality and craftsmanship is beyond anything Ice carries, even beating out the finish and quality of their "new" bcgs. Ask me how I know.  Plus, you get immediate order confirmation email with shipping out right away, instead of being LIED to about having "IN STOCK" when it clearly is not- having a manufacture making a product for you and drop shipping them once available is NOT the same as having the item IN STOCK. But it is your money, and do as you wish.  If the countless posts everywhere, even their own industry forums where customer's questions are being ignored and deleted at will don't discourage you...a fool is soon parted with his money.
They are laughing at the "foolish sheeps" falling for their cheap prices and lies of "yeah, yeah, I'll make sure it gets shipped out today and I'll take care of you..meanwhile they laugh and say to themselves hahahahaha idiots, lemme take your money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are many other companies that offer great prices with great products to go along with it...and don't forget, got to have great customer service that don't lie to you straight to your face and make you look like a fool while they're at it.  Shadow Ops is an example of what you are describing as a new, startup with great prices and customer service.  Their "blem" NiB bcg is way cheaper than Ice, yet the quality and craftsmanship is beyond anything Ice carries, even beating out the finish and quality of their "new" bcgs. Ask me how I know.  Plus, you get immediate order confirmation email with shipping out right away, instead of being LIED to about having "IN STOCK" when it clearly is not- having a manufacture making a product for you and drop shipping them once available is NOT the same as having the item IN STOCK. But it is your money, and do as you wish.  If the countless posts everywhere, even their own industry forums where customer's questions are being ignored and deleted at will don't discourage you...a fool is soon parted with his money.
ordered a blem bcg from ice arms on the 10/11.
on the  10/25 i was told "oh we don't have any firing pins. as soon as we get some in your order will be sent to you." mind you this was on reddit. not even their industry forum or email.
11/1 still have heard nothing from them on my request to cancel. still can't get in touch with them. this is a blem bcg mind you. one would suppose they would actually have them on hand.

10/30 11:38am ordered a blem bcg from shadow ops
10/30 11:56am i get a tracking number
10/30 7:45pm tracking number goes when bcg is delivered to USPS
11/1 bcg is scheduled for delivery

no. fucking. contest.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 4:00:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

on the 10/25 i was told "oh we don't have any firing pins. as soon as we get some in your order will be sent to you." mind you this was on reddit. not even their industry forum or email.
11/1 still have heard nothing from them on my request to cancel. still can't get in touch with them. this is a blem bcg mind you. one would suppose they would actually have them on hand.

no. fucking. contest.
View Quote

Does not matter where you tried to get in touch with them..through text, phone call, email..if they decide to get in touch with you because they feel like you are worthy, Richard or Colin will email you back saying they will take great care of you..just don't talk about it or post it on the internet.  They will send you a nice one for your trouble, and it will be sent out today and they will make sure of it...yada yada yada.  I bet they said something along those lines  to you?  It's so repetitive and cliche...it gets old quick.  I referred 2 close people to them several months ago right after I placed an order, thinking they were good people and wanted to help them out when they were new on the scene.  They said they got the same story...so that's when I knew something was not right if they want us to keep silence, even to the people you referred that bought from them.  All 3 of us got hosed, but I threatened Ice enough to get a "nice" replacement that was still way subpar in machining and finish to the Shadow Ops I bought about the same time.  Both guys got hosed and was sent in circles, ultimately saw nothing about the refund after it was promised and did a chargeback on their cards to get their money back after 2 months of lies and silence.  
If I can steer one person away from this mess of a wreck, I've done my part to help out my fellow arfcom'ers from developing hypertension and wasting much time and energy taking a risk to see if they will get something or nothing.  There are better options out there for cheaper and better quality....or just order from a known reputable place and known quality product for a few bucks more...totally worth the quality and convenience of not having to worry.

eta: to everyone potentially looking at Ice, Don't get fooled by the cool logo or the fake "in stock" inventory on their site.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Does not matter where you tried to get in touch with them..through text, phone call, email..if they decide to get in touch with you because they feel like you are worthy, Richard or Colin will email you back saying they will take great care of you..just don't talk about it or post it on the internet.  They will send you a nice one for your trouble, and it will be sent out today and they will make sure of it...yada yada yada.  I bet they said something along those lines  to you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

on the 10/25 i was told "oh we don't have any firing pins. as soon as we get some in your order will be sent to you." mind you this was on reddit. not even their industry forum or email.

no. fucking. contest.

Does not matter where you tried to get in touch with them..through text, phone call, email..if they decide to get in touch with you because they feel like you are worthy, Richard or Colin will email you back saying they will take great care of you..just don't talk about it or post it on the internet.  They will send you a nice one for your trouble, and it will be sent out today and they will make sure of it...yada yada yada.  I bet they said something along those lines  to you?

i didn't even get the courtesy of being told a GOOD lie. this is the only communication i've had from ice since i placed my order three weeks ago. other people have had their orders shipped that were placed after mine despite them supposedly having no firing pins, meanwhile i STILL can't even get in touch with them to tell them not to bother shipping my order because ive already done a charge back.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a neutral experience.  I ordered a stripped upper.  It took a while to get to me, and there was some strange email interaction with them.  When you talk to Colin you get great feedback, suggestions and honesty... it seems if anyone else over there talks to you they treat you like a child and borderline on abusive.  I have nothing but good things to say about my interactions with Colin and absolutely nothing good to say about interaction with 'Richard'.

If you look at a company like PSA they are known and own being slow to ship but they have a 'Where is my order' thread that you feel like they employ someone to just sit and answer the responses are so quick.  I also had issues with an order and it was entirely their fault and they went above and beyond to make me happy.

Until I get the impression that they are handling customers in a timely manor and some transparency into what is going on (selling BCGs they don't have?  weird credit card fees? Who is this asshole that emailed me that seems to not have any customer service experience?) I am not going to give them my patronage again.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Gentlemen, I already have hypertension. So thank you for helping me save my money and from having a stroke.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gentlemen, I already have hypertension. So thank you for helping me save my money and from having a stroke.
View Quote

It's probably worse than it sounds. I know it is actually. I've personally gotten messages from people that didn't want to go public, but wanted someone to know, and had worse stories than posted here.  Not to mention, I held back for months before I posted, and I didn't even post it all. If there are just a few more stories like mine waiting to be told, they sure won't last long.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I Googled "ice arms review", and I came across this page. I have not fact checked the information, so I am unable to confirm the validity of it. But, if it turns out to be valid, it is quite eye-opening as they say. Because this could explain why the customer service is poor; due to the company is being mismanaged due to how spread out they are. The other business name listed on this page below, if you Google for reviews of it, also has numerous reviews of people feeling they have been scammed, and it is not even a business that is part of the firearms industry.

Some public information about Ice Arms:
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

This

Link Posted: 11/2/2013 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:10/30 11:38am ordered a blem bcg from shadow ops

no. fucking. contest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:10/30 11:38am ordered a blem bcg from shadow ops

no. fucking. contest.
just wanted to put up an update. 11/1 BCG arrived and looks great.

only thing i'm waiting on now is a gas block from Aim that should be here monday then i'm hitting the range. i'm so pleased with Shadow Ops i'm going to send them a thank you email since Ice Arms cries that people only ever complain online.

Quoted:
seriously, if we've helped just one person avoid ice arms i feel like we've at least accomplished something.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice looking bolt. Any chance of some pics of it outside your rifle. I just might end up ordering one of those just to have around for $129.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nice looking bolt. Any chance of some pics of it outside your rifle. I just might end up ordering one of those just to have around for $129.
View Quote

here you go

Shadow Ops NiB Blem BCG

Left

Right

Staking

eta: use the code SG223NIBBCG and it drops down to $112
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

here you go

Left

Right

Staking
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

here you go

Left

Right

Staking

WOW just fuking WOW is all I can say. Very nice, gonna order one just because of those pics. Very nice!! THX for helping me part with my money.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#20]
use the code SG223NIBBCG and it drops down to $112

can't wait to get to the range with it.

Quoted:
THX for helping me part with my money.
View Quote

you mean that's *NOT* the point of this sub forum?
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#21]
THX for the code, I'm gonna order one. Will be a few weeks before I get to the back yard to shoot. I gotta send some parts off to get Cerakoted, looking forward to your report on the BCG.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

here you go

Shadow Ops NiB Blem BCG

Left

Right

Staking

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

here you go

Shadow Ops NiB Blem BCG

Left

Right

Staking

ordered one... it's actually cheaper shipped than i can find a regular BCG locally....
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

ordered one... it's actually cheaper shipped than i can find a regular BCG locally....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

here you go

Shadow Ops NiB Blem BCG

Left

Right

Staking

That's pretty common. I'm convinced that my LGS thinks that none of their customers have the internet.  What's odd is that they even lie to me about what they pay, and they know that I'm a dealer because I'm one of their damn vendors.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I have to add to this post. I will NEVER deal with them again. All i got was lies from them and they took too long to ship my barrel that said in stock. I canceled my order via phone and a few days later i got a shipping notice...
Its been a nightmare trying to get my money back. i didn't want the barrel due to the bad service and stories of bad quality control.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences here so I do not make the mistake of dealing with ice arms.  I am always searching for deals and good prices so I can afford to build or update my weapons.  But no price is worth this type of customer service and agggravation.  There are too many good vendors out there to deal with this kind of mess.  These stories really make me appreciate any vendor that goes the extra mile for the customer.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Here they go again.  They have deleted another thread of customers who have spoken out about the poor service they have received.  One of the reasons I joined ARFCOM was for the feedback, both negative and positive, of site sponsors in order to help me determine where to spend my dollars.  I know where I won't be spending them.

Link Posted: 11/4/2013 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I guess I pissed them off with my honesty.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#28]
I ordered one of their blem NiB BCG's back in June or July. Took about 2 weeks to arrive. I thought, not that bad. Came in without a firing pin retainer. Thought, oh well they are cheap, and got one at the LGS. Like others have said here, it looks like a black chrome instead of NiB.
Tool marks are a little much (read deep and ugly) on one side, but hey, it's a blem. If it wasn't i would be.
I think I got what I payed for. I'm not super let down, and am not super happy. So this is a post that has luke-warm written all over it. Just thought I would give an honest opinion.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I ordered one of their blem NiB BCG's back in June or July. Took about 2 weeks to arrive. I thought, not that bad. Came in without a firing pin retainer. Thought, oh well they are cheap, and got one at the LGS. Like others have said here, it looks like a black chrome instead of NiB.
Tool marks are a little much (read deep and ugly) on one side, but hey, it's a blem. If it wasn't i would be.
I think I got what I payed for. I'm not super let down, and am not super happy. So this is a post that has luke-warm written all over it. Just thought I would give an honest opinion.
View Quote

Since they refuse to let negative statements stand in their own thread, all experiences should be relayed here, Negative, positive, and lukewarm.  In the end, if you're satisfied, that's what matters, and potential customers should see that they are capable of some positive transactions as well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#30]
I know that I'm just a 13'er, but why does arfcom continue to let companies that treat their customers so poorly continue to be an industry partner? It seems that arfcom would want to separate themselves from these type of businesses.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#31]
They put up another thread this morning and have deleted it already and replaced it with a "Where's my order thread" thread.  I'm getting confused.  If they gave the same amount of attention to their customers they would be getting better feedback and wouldn't have to delete everything.

Link Posted: 11/4/2013 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Here they go again.  They have deleted another thread of customers who have spoken out about the poor service they have received.  One of the reasons I joined ARFCOM was for the feedback, both negative and positive, of site sponsors in order to help me determine where to spend my dollars.  I know where I won't be spending them.      
View Quote
ROFLMAO. they only got 4 posts into the ICE Arms feedback thread v3 before they deleted it, AGAIN. and named the new thread "where's my order" i guess they don't actually want feedback. can't figure why they wouldn't :confused:  luckily i found my post in my cache so i'll present it here for posterity.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Alright guys, I've been absent a lot lately, and let the feedback thread get pseudo out of control, so this is the new one AGAIN. And PLEASE follow the rules.
View Quote
For three weeks. you provided a venue for your customers to get status updates and then you absolutely ignored their concerns for three weeks. and to make it worse, you ask people to PLEASE follow the rules but then you deleted the thread without addressing ANY of the already posted concerns.

Quoted:Here's the thing, gentlemen. Here at ICE Arms, we've been remiss in addressing some of the concerns expressed by our customer base, and for that we sincerely apologize. However, we also have a few concerns about how things were resolved in the last thread. We'd like to make a few ground rules, to enable us to serve you more efficiently.
View Quote
"Remiss" doesn't begin to cover your actions. again, you purposefully ignored your customers concerns. it's not like you forgot about Arfcom or forgot you had an industry forum. you damn sure didn't forget about the EE because you were in there every day bumping your ads, but yet you seem puzzled about why the other TWO previous feedback threads turned out the way they did. you complain in other places about how if you're not "100% perfect" the people who paid you money for products they're not receiving "yell and bitch and scream" and again, you don't think about how you've failed those customers you worry about your own hurt feelings.

at some point you have to realize that it's not us that's the problem, it's you.

Quoted:1) If you have a complaint, we'd love to hear about it. In your post, please post your order number, and your issue.
One of the issues we were having was a complaint expressed through multiple venues simultaneously, prompting us to get overwhelmed with issues. If a customer calls, emails, texts, and posts on Arfcom, we don't have one issue to deal with, we have four. When EVERYONE does that, it makes the volume completely unmanageable, and some customers drop through the cracks as a result. The anonymity of the internet also precludes us finding out if the issue we have addressed has ACTUALLY been addressed.

2) When your issue has been resolved, please edit your post with RESOLVED, so we know you've been seen to properly. That was one of the reasons we had to nuke the old thread. Our customers were posting issues, then never posting again once they were dealt with. That makes us look like we don't care about our customer's problems, which is patently untrue.

3) Please be patient. Due to our pricing structure, we sometimes get overwhelmed with orders, during sale times.

4) Please be respectful. Not to me. You can say any damn thing you like to me. But due to our increased sales, I haven't been able to monitor Arfcom as effectively as I once could. I used to be able to monitor our forum, do customer service, build, and still mess around in GD. That isn't the case any longer. So my wife, Ashley, is going to be doing it. She already does a lot of social media in her current job, and she's married to a gun geek, so she knows what's what. This will allow issues to be dealt with in a more consistent and prompt manner.

No pics, pervs.
View Quote
she failed. miserably. but again, you didn't let your current customers issues prevent you from hawking your wares daily in the EE did it.

Quoted:Lastly, Nameless.

When last we posted about Nameless, we mentioned that it would be out by the end of September, and since then we've been absolutely murdered by customers asking about it. There's a reason we haven't released it yet. That reason is very simple. We haven't been able to streamline everything for our parts customers, so we don't feel comfortable releasing it without the GUARANTEE that it will be:

Correct.
Shipped with little delay.
Available in parts kits.

Nameless is a pet project of mine. I love the idea, I love the execution, and I want one. I want one really bad. I have 5 different configurations that I want to do. The worst part is that I probably won't be able to get one for quite some time. But I want the launch to be perfect, and I won't do that with our outstanding orders and, frankly, piss poor shipping times.

I'm hopeful that our customers, being some pretty awesome individuals, will give us the time to evolve and be the best damn firearms manufacturer there is. I guess we'll see, and I look forward to talking to all of you.
View Quote
and therein lies your problem. you let a "pet project" sideline you from what your main business should have been. getting your customers the products that they paid for.

Quoted:Colin Coleman

Customer service rep, builder, stakeholder in ICE Arms, and all around pretty nice guy.

ICE Arms is wholly owned in Hudson, NH with our shipping being done by AR Deringer out of WA

View Quote
:rolleyes: you mean now it is. you didn't incorporate in the US until the middle of August '13 after people really started taking a look at your company
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm surprised they listened to something I said about a "where's my order" thread, but they still shouldn't have deleted the feedback thread, it's only a matter of time before the new thread is gone too, I honestly had never seen threads deleted in an industry forum, locked yes but never deleted.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm surprised they listened to something I said about a "where's my order" thread, but they still shouldn't have deleted the feedback thread, it's only a matter of time before the new thread is gone too, I honestly had never seen threads deleted in an industry forum, locked yes but never deleted.
View Quote

Then you haven't paid attention.  The industry forums are used for whatever the industry partner wants to do with them.  Some run a very tight ship, and others run very fast and loose.  PSA had similar issues two years ago or so where they were deleting threads, etc, until the topics in AR discussions started bringing their issues to light.

The issue isn't that ICE's deleting of threads is wrong from a forum misuse perspective. It is that it's just bad press for their customer relations side, I guess.  PSA ended up having to take their lumps for a while without deleting threads, but if you were paying attention, you noticed they got right back to deleting older, critical threads that moved out of focus.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#36]
They're in Hudson, NH?  I could drive there fairly easily.  Perhaps they'll give the address so one or more arfcommers could inspect their "operation"?
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I have not had any problems with these guys. I bought a 11.5 barrel and a Nibx BCG this summer and have had zero issues with their products. I also bought another barrel and one of their rails. Ended up actually picking the first order up from colin and the second was shipped to me. No issues with this company from my personal experience and will continue giving them my money.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like $24 and the ability to search the entire arfcom website saved me some money/time/headache.

1 good review for every 10 bad ones? And multiple instances of deleting threads?

I was wondering why they had great prices on barrels and everything was in stock. Now I know.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
umm, I ordered a NiB bcg from ICE Arms today, I received a shipping notice from them about 4 hours later.
I will compare it to my Spikes NiB when the ICE Arms comes in.

James
View Quote

update: I thought I was going to receive my NiB BCG from ICE Arms on Friday, well the shipping info updated and it was delivered today 11/04/13.
It actually looks nice, just a notch below the Spikes NiB i got several weeks ago. The firing pin, bolt and the carrier all look good, nothing missing and only a few tool marks on the carrier that can only been seen at a certain angle to the light. The gas key is staked good but it does have noticeable tool marks, but its nothing to complain about.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#40]
So the other Ice arms thread was deleted as of today, very nice. I'm still waiting for my barrel replacement.  One of the last posts I read from yesterday was from a vendor  that had major issue with them.   Apparently that post didn't look too good.  :-) It took me a month to get an RMA from this company and if I don't get my replacement barrel soon, I will ask for my money back( I should have asked for my money back from the start)  oh well, lessons learned.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So the other Ice arms thread was deleted as of today, very nice. I'm still waiting for my barrel replacement.  One of the last posts I read from yesterday was from a vendor  that had major issue with them.   Apparently that post didn't look too good.  :-) It took me a month to get an RMA from this company and if I don't get my replacement barrel soon, I will ask for my money back( I should have asked for my money back from the start)  oh well, lessons learned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That was me. And I saved the post knowing that they wouldn't let it stay up.
Well, I guess as long as we're outing our experiences here, I'll do so as well.  It has nothing to do with ordering, but as a vendor.

In the early summer of this year, I was approached by ICE Arms about processing some parts for them. (I fear that further details on this would be construed as me advertising my services, and I don't want to risk being banned for doing so, so I won't say much about what I do. Suffice it to say that I'm an 07 FFL and can legally do any manufacturing on title 1 firearms).

Through the course of a few contacts, a verbal agreement was made for me to process 2,000 to 3,000 receivers a month, and it was requested that I obtain the capability to process bolts, and that if I did so, I could expect several thousand a month.  

I'm a small scale shop, and at the time of these conversations, I couldn't meet the desired goals. I simply didn't have the capacity. So I dumped thousands of dollars into equipment to give me the ability to meet the numbers they wanted. We had verbal agreements for unit price, shipping schedules, payment schedules, literally, every detail. The next steps were to sign paperwork and start shipping.

I called the person I'd been dealing with at ICE Arms to let him know what we were a go, and to order some other product for a customer. (products that on the dealer page, said to call)
My call went to voicemail and was never returned.
I called a few days later, same story.
I went to another employee and asked him to have the original contact, contact me. No response.

They requested my time and had me spend several thousand dollars, for nothing at all. Very little can be recouped. It almost ended my business.  ICE employees didn't have it in them to even text me to tell me to fuck off. They just hid from the phone.

I'm sure that this will be deleted, because they seem to have deleted a lot, but I've posted it elsewhere, and I'm saving a copy of this, so it will remain available, even after it's deleted here.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#42]
They keep deleting their feedback threads. Kinda funny since the first one if I recall correctly they specifically said to post everything honestly and they would NOT prune it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They keep deleting their feedback threads. Kinda funny since the first one if I recall correctly they specifically said to post everything honestly and they would NOT prune it.
View Quote

They're not the most honest people. Take nameless for example. When I last spoke to them in July, I was told that they'd decided to actually call it nameless.  Either I was lied to, and when debuted, it'll have a name, or they've failed to update the thread where people are still throwing out name ideas.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 10:37:09 PM EDT
[#44]
That's right Dan, Colin responded to you and made it your problem of not reaching out to him.  Just amazing

And now the post is gone.

If I don't get any movement on my issue shortly, I report companies like this to my state attorneys office. No reason to waste anymore time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They're not the most honest people. Take nameless for example. When I last spoke to them in July, I was told that they'd decided to actually call it nameless.  Either I was lied to, and when debuted, it'll have a name, or they've failed to update the thread where people are still throwing out name ideas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had wanted to place an order or two from them early on. I really wanted to order a couple BCG's and give them a shot. Had some high hopes. They never came to be though because there was just SO much negative. It's unfortunate that things have gotten so out of control, but after seeing what some people have posted after looking into their owner and his past "accomplishments", it's really not a surprise.

What is a surprise is how the employees are still going along with it all.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That's right Dan, Colin responded to you and made it your problem of not reaching out to him.  Just amazing

And now the post is gone.

If I don't get any movement on my issue shortly, I report companies like this to my state attorneys office. No reason to waste anymore time.
View Quote

That's the sign of the ultimate business man. You ignore multiple attempts at contact then blame the other person for not trying hard enough.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I had wanted to place an order or two from them early on. I really wanted to order a couple BCG's and give them a shot. Had some high hopes. They never came to be though because there was just SO much negative. It's unfortunate that things have gotten so out of control, but after seeing what some people have posted after looking into their owner and his past "accomplishments", it's really not a surprise.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some aren't. I've been told of two that have left so far.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Classic deflection of where the actual problem is.  I hope you can recoup some of money
you spent from your dealings with them.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Classic deflection of where the actual problem is.  I hope you can recoup some of money
View Quote

I'll make it. I learned a lot from dealing with them.  Mostly to research customers better.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'll make it. I learned a lot from dealing with them.  Mostly to research customers better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, don't be researchin' me, I am on your side!

Page / 13
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top