Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2013 11:04:56 AM EDT
Anyone use them? I was wondering if there stripped lower is gtg? A local dealer has some. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#1]
They get a lot of hate around here for business practices in the past.  If you get past that, their lowers are quite nice.  I've built five guns using them so far.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, dropped a PSA LPK in mine and was GTG.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The only lower I could find back in December was a Anderson lower. I had no problems with it and kind of like their roll mark. If price is right and you don't need safe/fire markings on both sides of receiver I would say go for it.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Just did my current build with one. They are gtg.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine has worked fine with a PSA lpk and BCM upper.  No complaints about fit or finish.  Was the only lower I could find locally.  Price was not too bad either.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Got an upper/lower set with J&T and PSA guts. Everything fit together perfectly.
They really stepped on their dinkie a while back promoting themselves by pretending to be 'normal' people.
They got called out pretty quickly. If they were smart they would have owned up and joined up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I hope all is well with their product, I picked one up over the weekend from a Local Shop that had them 2 for $150.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#8]
So, were they doing the "show up with one post and sing the praises of the lower/shipping/company" thing?

I can't hate on that kind of thing too much.  The general gun community seems older and not too tech savvy (I can only think of one LGS that actually has a good website with inventory), so I can see them making that kind of mistake.  Their lowers are going for like 65 bucks from some places, so they're in the current running for my plan to pick up half a dozen or so and just keep them as spares in the event another AWB passes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Working with one right now.   Anderson Manufacturing Lower is Good to go.  CMMG Parts kit pins can be a little tight, but it wasn't something a little lube wouldn't fix
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked one up for 99 bux used PSA lower kit with Wilson Combat trigger, Phase 5 upper fit perfect. Blew threw a 30 rounder like a bullet hose!
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#11]
My Anderson Lower bought during the Panic is doing just fine no out of spec issues, all my Pmags drop free, Fit my PSA 20" upper with no issues and very little slop.   I would buy another in a heartbeat!
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone use them? I was wondering if there stripped lower is gtg? A local dealer has some. Thanks
View Quote

Is your dealer in Indy?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 2:30:40 AM EDT
[#13]
No, I am near Ft. Wayne.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Working with one right now.   Anderson Manufacturing Lower is Good to go.  CMMG Parts kit pins can be a little tight, but it wasn't something a little lube wouldn't fix
View Quote

I just put a CMMG parts kit in an Anderson lower last week.  Parts fit wasn't any more snug than any other build.  I used Slip 2000 on the roll pins and other parts, though.  Upper was a Del-Ton and there was no slop between them.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top