Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/16/2013 9:48:52 PM EDT
I am hoping this gets tagged/pinned as it has helped many many people. If you have any questions, please ask them and I will get back to you.

Thank you,

nsz85
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice video man. Excellent quality too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent video.  I almost skipped buying a stripped lower because I didnt feel comfortable assembling it.  Making sure im going to bookmark this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
good vid brother.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 4:18:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hallstar606] [#4]
Great vid I will be putting together the same lower except a ctr stock and the lpk is spikes enhanced, I don't have a vice you think I can still watch your vid and do it. I got all the tools except castlenut wrench but I got a strap wrench.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 5:30:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Really nice job w the video! And thank you!

Matt
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 5:44:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Well Done!
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey nsz,

Thank you. I saw that video a couple of days ago.

Before watching that video I was frightened and insecure about tackling such a task. All those parts!

Now, I am confident and absolutely sure that my very first AR-15 will be built by me and built well.

I look forward to watching more of your videos and learning more. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 2:38:44 AM EDT
[#9]
A good video , To  help someone who has not done this before . and to show them there is not much to it if you have the right tools.
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Excellent job. There were a few members the other day asking about lower build videos and I had to recommend videos from elsewhere but now they don't have to leave this site.
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Great video, very cool. This will come in handy if I EVER move. FUAC!!  
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By krebs720:
Hey nsz,

Thank you. I saw that video a couple of days ago.

Before watching that video I was frightened and insecure about tackling such a task. All those parts!

Now, I am confident and absolutely sure that my very first AR-15 will be built by me and built well.

I look forward to watching more of your videos and learning more. Thanks again.

This! I was thinking about going with complete uppers and lowers just because i wasn't sure i could do it. Im excited now to get started. Huge thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 11:47:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I used this video myself a few weeks ago when I did my first lower. Great job and many thanks!
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#14]
http://youtu.be/QmdX1t8IIH0
http://youtu.be/5S4Y7h26dZ4

This is a nice pistol build also I like the Midwest Indstries rail
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#15]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmdX1t8IIH0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S4Y7h26dZ4
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 2:19:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KlingtonHtr] [#16]
Originally Posted By phide01:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmdX1t8IIH0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S4Y7h26dZ4
View Quote

3rd times the charm....13.6er's, lol

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 2:29:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Does the castle nut have to be staked or is this just personal preference?
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By KlingtonHtr:
Does the castle nut have to be staked or is this just personal preference?

I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I believe the manual states mil spec is 40ftlbs of torque and two stakes on the castle nut. I had a Magpul ASAP so I only did one. Some people prefer to just not stake, or use blue loctite.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Also, thank you everyone for the kind compliments. I always strive to produce informational and high quality content so seeing feedback like this is awesome. Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Great detail, thank you for putting the time into this!
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Agreed, helped me build my first two without problems, with no experience.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By oberg70:
Great detail, thank you for putting the time into this!
View Quote

You are quite welcome. I am glad everyone is finding it helpful :)
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 1:29:20 AM EDT
[#23]
yeah man, good deal. I've done a few of these over the years but it was a good refresher course.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#24]
EXCELLENT HD video ... thank you!!!  I assembled my first lower (Spikes stripped lower with a Spikes enhanced LPK and Spikes buffer kit) in about an hour.  The pivot pin installation held me up for a while, I launched the spring and detent straight into the air twice but was lucky it came straight down.  (The Spike LPK also came with an extra spring and detent.)  After finally getting the pivot pin installed, I went on to find out I used the takedown pin instead of the pivot pin, so I had to swap them and deal with the REAL pivot pin install again.  After getting the pivot pin installed, I thought I had the takedown pin installed, only to find out that I put in the takedown pin backwards ... I was wondering why was the pin top was flat on one side.  Once I learned my lessons with the first lower, I breezed through the second lower in about 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Very cool and informative video. After the recent gun law changes in Maryland there was a huge run on AR type rifles; I was on a waiting list for 3 months before I managed to buy a stripped lower. I have yet to buy the parts kit for it, but that is in the very near future. I was thinking I was going to show up at my gun store with a box full of parts and have their gunsmith do it, but after watching the video, I'm pretty sure it's within my abilities.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Thanks a lot for the vid, it helped me with a few questions I had with my first build.

Highly recommended for first-timers.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By nsz:
I am hoping this gets tagged/pinned as it has helped many many people. If you have any questions, please ask them and I will get back to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1omm6jY7Gg

Thank you,

nsz85
View Quote

I watched this video and stopped with this one.  Great video.  I used it for my first build (which I show in the thread I started entitled 'The "my first build" pic thread'.  Lets see what you got there.  

NSZ, great video and THANK YOU.  Love the tape job!!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 1:05:25 AM EDT
[#28]
This video helped me bang out my first lower in about 40 minutes.  Probably could've used more tape, what with all the banging.  Thanks to you and others in this forum for all your knowledge, it's been an immense help!
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I am humbled by these responses. I am very happy that I was able to help. Thank you for taking the time to let me know you liked it. :)
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#30]
I just finished my 1st lower build. Everything went well with the build until I tried to put the upper on from my DPMS on to my Spikes Tactical lower. The take down pin would not go all the way in. The pin will go all the way in when it is just by its self. I am not going to be using my DPMS upper, I just wanted to see if it would fit. And if everything would function correct. Any thoughts??
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AlanBolin602:
This video helped me bang out my first lower in about 40 minutes.  Probably could've used more tape, what with all the banging.  Thanks to you and others in this forum for all your knowledge, it's been an immense help!
View Quote

I was going to say the same thing.  
1st lower build took me about 40minutes with the help of the nsz85 video.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 12:48:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By nsz:

nsz85
View Quote

Great video OP, thanks for taking the time to make/edit it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm about to undertake my 1st build.  I appreciate your efforts.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Your video made it really easy! Thanks for taking the time to make it. I was intimidated by the process but it didn't seem so bad. I loaded up the video and would pause it while I did mine. Only ended up taking about 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Just wanted to thank you (and curse you, because this video is what sent me over the edge on getting into the joyous money pit that AR's can be) for the video you've put together. Couldn't ask for a better guide to putting a lower together. I actually found the video through thearmsguide (and this sight, due to its mentioning in your video). This vid is definitely sticky-worthy!
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Good job Op
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I am glad that you all are finding my video so helpful. I take pride in knowing that my video has inspired thousands to build an AR-15. Thank you for all the great feedback
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#38]
That video NSZ is the one I direct friends to that are just getting into building AR's. Great quality, very detailed and super easy to follow along.

Well done sir and thank you for the resource.

Any news on your pistol trouble shooting?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#39]
I watched the video and have a question. I am a noobie, so please go easy on me. With regards to the trigger group pin and the hammer pin, what keeps them in place? In the video, you appeared to push the trigger pin the last 1/8th inch or so with your thumb. If it moves that easily, why doesn't it work its way out eventually?
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By farmgunner:
I watched the video and have a question. I am a noobie, so please go easy on me. With regards to the trigger group pin and the hammer pin, what keeps them in place? In the video, you appeared to push the trigger pin the last 1/8th inch or so with your thumb. If it moves that easily, why doesn't it work its way out eventually?
View Quote

We all crawl before we walk. Don't be afraid to ask questions, at least with me. The pin has grooves in it. When the hammer is installed, the legs of the hammer spring lay within those grooves and hence keep the pin in place.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks!!

Haven't put together a lower in a few years, Ill be using your video OP.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 9:23:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks so much for the video. I am brand new to this site and the world of AR15's and this has been extremely informative. I am currently waiting to receive my first stripped lower to put together and will enjoy watching your video to do it! Thanks so much!
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#43]
nsz  great educational video with excellent quality, I  have the link saved on my phone and whenever someone asks how to do this or do that I send em the link and tell em to subscribe because of the amount of educational videos you have on YouTube

every one I have sent it to said it helped tremendously,  so thank you and keep up the good work  brotha
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Brownells has some of the nicest videos that break the whole process down into simple system by system steps.  I watched them over and over before ever starting my build, and by the time I got to it I felt like an expert.

Not knocking the subject vid at all, just giving folks options from a site sponsor.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Just built my first lower thanks to your video nsz. Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#46]
This guy knows his stuff....makes everything super simple.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I just used the razor blade trick for the front pin. It worked friggin great!  Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Excellent and useful video, very well done.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By hallstar606:
Great vid I will be putting together the same lower except a ctr stock and the lpk is spikes enhanced, I don't have a vice you think I can still watch your vid and do it. I got all the tools except castlenut wrench but I got a strap wrench.
View Quote

I put together my first lower a few weeks ago with no vice. You might want a friend around to hold a few things just for the sake of having a third hand. What strap wrench do you have?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By dac15:
Just built my first lower thanks to your video nsz. Thanks!!!
View Quote

You are very welcome. I am happy to have helped
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top