Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 189
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
mega pistol

5 available

I "backordered" a couple last night around midnight, before these went in stock. Wonder if they'll fill my order??
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got one of our Industry Partners selling Seekins Forged over in EE.......$200 ea including shipping and says he has 200 in stock...http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_158/1126082_SEEKINS_FORGED_LOWER_RECEIVERS_IN_STOCK_AND_FOR_SALE_200_.html

DSGarms had these for sale for 130.

This is the in STOCK thread amigo!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered a lower from Shadow Ops @ $350. They will be shipping in April or earlier. They will charge your cc now, but will offer a 100% money back if you cancel before it ships. Price is a little higher than others (Tactical Machine) but they are taking orders. Anyone familiar with their work?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
http://pkfirearms.com/Rock_River_Arms_Lowers/78/c

Rock River lowers still in stock for $225.00

Aero Lowers for 200 still

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/shop/ar15-stripped-lower-receiver
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
May be a dumb questions, but why are those Mega "pistol" lowers? The caliber says multi and it doesn't appear to say pistol anywhere. Is that Mega's way to ensure they where never meant to be assembled as rifles?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

May be a dumb questions, but why are those Mega "pistol" lowers? The caliber says multi and it doesn't appear to say pistol anywhere. Is that Mega's way to ensure they where never meant to be assembled as rifles?

I was wondering this too. Unless the picture isn't accurate?

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Midwestpx has New Frontier complete lowers in stock for $184.95. Good company with fast shipping.

I bought a complete NF lower in January, fits great on my Del-Ton upper. EDIT : OOS

http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?products_id=604&osCsid=cso9o75o41l1b66ah7k1h144t2
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering this too. Unless the picture isn't accurate?  

Mega Pistol lowers are marked
Cal Multi
Model Pistol
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This place doesn't have any in stock, but he does have a good picture of the regular Mega, and the one marked "pistol".
I ran across his site the other day and hoped the ones with a price were in stock, since the others said $GONE, but no luck.

Mega doesn't show both versions in pictures (not that I found) on their site, but they do list separate part numbers: Mega Arms Forged Lowers
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope this is within guidelines.

Would this be the thread to locate 80% lowers in as well? I searched and found no other "in stock" thread for these specifically.
I just want to make sure I stalk the right place in my hunt.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Would this be the thread to locate 80% lowers in as well? I searched and found no other "in stock" thread for these specifically.

The only 80% lowers I've personally seen being advertised as in stock are at http://tr-enabling.com/
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://tr-enabling.com/
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks much both of you. Here I was not even asking if anybody knew, rather wanting to know if it was the right spot to find something listed, and bingo.

I had seen them, but really nave no idea about the quality of them, or the company.
Personally, I dont dig the looks of the lowers much. Plus, it seems that the lower and the jigs are proprietary and will only work on each other. Not the worst thing, but would be nice if they were a bit more universal.
Anybody have any experience with the TR Enabling products?

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got contacted about FFL info for 2 Superior Arms lowers I ordered on 1-2-13 from Brownells
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the headsup on the Rainier Arms forged lower.  I purchased mine last night about ten minutes after this post. I'm a newbie to building a rifle but can't wait.  I watched this thread for a few weeks before I finally pulled the trigger.  However I'm unsure of a something.
Does this lower have a serial number?  I assumed it does and had my gun shop email their FFL.  Some of the lowers come with specific instructions concerning the need for an FFL.  This description does not.  Am I to assume all lowers require the FFL?
This is a great site.  Thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks for the headsup on the Rainier Arms forged lower.  I purchased mine last night about ten minutes after this post. I'm a newbie to building a rifle but can't wait.  I watched this thread for a few weeks before I finally pulled the trigger.  However I'm unsure of a something.
Does this lower have a serial number?  I assumed it does and had my gun shop email their FFL.  Some of the lowers come with specific instructions concerning the need for an FFL.  This description does not.  Am I to assume all lowers require the FFL?
This is a great site.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes it has a serial # and yes it needs to be sent to a FFL

and WELCOME
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow. That was quick.  I have to admit in my excitement I was not sure what I ordered.  I am relieved to know that it is something that I will be building something that has value and could be legally transferred some day.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Midwestpx has New Frontier complete lowers in stock for $184.95. Good company with fast shipping.

I bought a complete NF lower in January, fits great on my Del-Ton upper.

http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?products_id=604&osCsid=cso9o75o41l1b66ah7k1h144t2

Even though it's polymer, I ordered one. Really can't beat the price especially with whats in-stock right now. Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even though it's polymer, I ordered one. Really can't beat the price especially with whats in-stock right now. Thanks!

Especially considering the lpks are currently going for $85 after shipping and butt stocks are $50+.  Makes this a great deal.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

OOS now
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:57:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just ordered a lower from Shadow Ops @ $350. They will be shipping in April or earlier. They will charge your cc now, but will offer a 100% money back if you cancel before it ships. Price is a little higher than others (Tactical Machine) but they are taking orders. Anyone familiar with their work?

Did you order a .308?  Just curious which one you got for $350.  I just got a message from these guys and it sounds like they are well ahead of schedule.  Like possibly being ready for initial shipments next month.  I'm intrigued by the special deal for those that buy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:58:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Does the .308 take pmags?  I havent been able to verify?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 9:06:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you order a .308?  Just curious which one you got for $350.  I just got a message from these guys and it sounds like they are well ahead of schedule.  Like possibly being ready for initial shipments next month.  I'm intrigued by the special deal for those that buy.

Just ordered one of the pre order $150 lowers, I am going to build it for my grandfather's 75th birthday in August. I am going to have them engrave the Marine Corp logo on one side, not sure about the other yet. thanks for the link guys
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does the .308 take pmags?  I havent been able to verify?

The .308 takes .308 pmags. Different then the m4/ar15 mags.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just ordered one of the pre order $150 lowers, I am going to build it for my grandfather's 75th birthday in August. I am going to have them engrave the Marine Corp logo on one side, not sure about the other yet. thanks for the link guys

i'm really really curious to see what the deal coin is that you get with that one.  i will probably pull the trigger and get the .308 lower that is pre order.  not sure if i'm going to get the $150 one, i'm holding out for a mega.  my wife might divorce me and then i'd lose half my shit so she'd probably get one!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I ordered one in early January so I think I may be seeing it soon.  I sent a message for an update last night and the owner responded within 30 minutes.  Haven't seen the price on the matching uppers they're supposed to be offering, yet.  But yeah, I'm curious about what the coin deal is.

Gotta figure out what I want to get engraved on mine.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#27]
according to their facebook site, the coin deal will make it like you are getting your lower for free.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
according to their facebook site, the coin deal will make it like you are getting your lower for free.

very interesting
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#29]
MidwestPX has some more complete New Frontier lowers

New Frontier Complete
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Stag Stripped Lowers in stock. A little pricey tat $215.

Stag Lowers
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

very interesting

if that is even near true i may have to order one and get the mega .308 when i can
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

New Frontier Complete

Dammit, these guys are in Missouri and there's sales tax on this item for me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

New Frontier Complete

The sales tax isn't that bad, still not bad for a complete lower. I got one a few weeks back.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

New Frontier Complete

The sales tax isn't that bad, still not bad for a complete lower. I got one a few weeks back.

It's psychological for me I guess. With sales tax it puts it at $205. I think I'd rather spend $260 on a forged ($130 lower) and full lower build kit ($130).
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

New Frontier Complete

Got one, I hope. Thanks for the heads-up.

...ned.

EDIT Got a UPS tracking number 9 minutes after my FFL sent his license. Yup, these guys are working Sunday evening on a holiday weekend.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

New Frontier Complete

It's psychological for me I guess. With sales tax it puts it at $205. I think I'd rather spend $260 on a forged ($130 lower) and full lower build kit ($130).

That would be money much better spent for sure.  So many better options out there and showing up daily....
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#37]
This thread is great.  I'm looking to build my first AR with the help of a friend and it's really helped a lot.  I'll keep my eye out hopefully I can contribute whenever I find something
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Pulled the trigger on one of these. Hopefully it'll be in my hands within a week or two! Thanks for keeping us all informed, especially from those of us that can't be online hunting all the time. Greatly appreciated. Now to find a reasonable lower for my .338 build! Any ideas?
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Oops! I was refering to the Stag lowers posted at Lanworldinc.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:54:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

New Frontier Complete

Thought about it for a bit, went to pull the trigger and OOS. Figures
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

New Frontier Complete

Thought about it for a bit, went to pull the trigger and OOS. Figures

Unfortunately that seems to be happening all the time these days.  Every time I decide to think about it for 5 minutes and/or do some research, it's OOS by the time I decide to buy it.  I hate buying things when I'm uninformed, but it looks like that's what I'm going to have to do...
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Lan world is a good place to buy from. I bought my stag lower last time they were in stock at 215.00 and it shipped quickly. She emailed me needing an FFL and once received shipped next day. It is awaiting my pickup at the FFL now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Mag Tacticals back in stock at Whittaker's.  You have to call to order.

FDE $178
BLACK $169
Teflon $183
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Stag Stripped Lowers in stock. A little pricey tat $215.

Stag Lowers

Waiting on approval from House Hold 6 right now!
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Any recent news on 80% lowers?  I figure most places are out of stock, backordered, or "will ship soon".  Anyone have any info on places that may ship in weeks, rather than months?
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Any recent news on 80% lowers?  I figure most places are out of stock, backordered, or "will ship soon".  Anyone have any info on places that may ship in weeks, rather than months?

From my personal experience I've found that any site that allows backorders on lowers usually have a wait list of 6 - 12 months.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From my personal experience I've found that any site that allows backorders on lowers usually have a wait list of 6 - 12 months.

That's what I was afraid of.... ohwell.  Tactical Machining has a good price on a 5 pack, but I guess they have issues with their unobtainum supplier.  :)

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Please let me know if this post would best fit somewhere else, but I thought I would get the most help in here.

Are the available webpage monitoring programs better for chrome or firefox and which program is best?  I think I'm going to setup my desktop that I never use just to monitor websites to try and catch a decent lower in stock.  Also, I plan on monitoring lowers on Rainier, Aimsurplus, dsgarms, Umbrella Corp, and probably a few others....any other suggestions on websites?

And one last thing, how do I get this forum to email me when someone posts something in a thread I'm subscribed to? Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#50]
This is an upper, but with the Spikes Lowers that we just snagged I had to pass this on. Wont last, fair deal.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Spike_s_Forged_M4_Upper_Receiver_Assembly_p/sft50m4.htm

Page / 189
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top