BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 2/1/2013 10:22:38 AM EDT
Are these guys legit? They show a surprising quantity of items "in stock". Pricing is very attractive as well. Anyone have any feedback on these guys? Quality?
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Ordered 20 inch barrel on 1/5/13. Got confirmation email but nothing else yet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#2]
There are mixed reviews.  They seem to be a small operation.  I have a number of parts on order with them.  Some people have said that they are quick to reply to problems and very eager to please.  Others have told horror stories about how they never answer the phone, never reply to emails, and are slow to respond to quality control issues.

I myself am just being patient.  They advertise a 20-30 day lead time for in stock orders.  I am just now getting into the 20 day area.  I did shoot them a late night email to ask if orders that were placed on different days (consecutive) would ship together or separately.

They sent me an email back by 0900 the next morning saying that they would do their best to ship the orders together.

So far I am encouraged.  Everyone seems to be swamped so I will avoid condemning/recommending them until I have the parts in hand.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Before the panic I bought a stripped upper from them and received it within a week or two.  I doubt their stock is real time.  As long as you are willing to wait a bit for everything to show up I wouldn't have a problem ordering from them.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Before the panic I bought a stripped upper from them and received it within a week or two.  I doubt their stock is real time.  As long as you are willing to wait a bit for everything to show up I wouldn't have a problem ordering from them.  

Which upper did you order?  How does it look/function?

I have an A3 flat top and a SS 16" HBar on order from them.  Should be shipping pretty soon.  I hope.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#5]
The pictures my wife sent looked good, but its going to be a few months before I get to see it in person

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ordered 20 inch barrel on 1/5/13. Got confirmation email but nothing else yet.

I'm in a same situation, I ordered the 1-14-13, confirmation email and nothing since.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Order an a3 stripped upper 1/4. Nothing yet
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I also have read mostly good reviews so I ordered.  I placed a order on 1-20-13  for some parts I need to finish my build for items that all showed in stock.  I would like to also hear from others that have ordered and how many days it is really taking.   I was really hopping to not have to wait another 10-20 days but I guess everyone is this busy.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered 2 complete "in-stock" uppers on 1.1.13.   They have not responded to my email which I sen a few days ago.  I imagine they pick and choose which emails to respond to.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I have two stripped uppers I got at a gun show, they are a one man show so stuff takes awhile to get.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered my 7.5 in barrel on 1/2/13 so I'm exactly at the 30 day threshold...I'm getting antsy as that's all I need to complete my build!
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I've read a couple people saying that they may in fact have the uppers and barrels in stock but that the delay may be the BCGs.  Either way, it would be nice to hear something from them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Dont get in a hurry and you will be very pleased with Red X products. I have had 2 complete uppers from them that worked flawlessly. I ordered an upper and a stock on 12/18, received the stock a couple weeks ago, but just got invoiced for the upper that was ordered on 12/18....
I also still have a order from 12/21 that has shown no progress but I know they will eventually get to it....

They make some very nice stuff...
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I like hearing positive feedback for sure.  I ordered a a3 upper and a barrel and couple other little things.  So if they are out of the bcg that will not hold up my order since I didn't order one I already got one.  So maybe the guys waiting on complete upper assemblies will be held up longer and for me maybe I get bumped up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I've seen their product at the local gun shows and it looks good.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#16]
If I do get my barrel soon I will place another order.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#17]
They are stating 20-30 buisness days which puts you out 6-8 weeks .
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone know if their A3 Uppers have M4 feedramps? I ordered one 1/17 but the website doesnt say if it has M4 feedramps.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 3:48:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if their A3 Uppers have M4 feedramps? I ordered one 1/17 but the website doesnt say if it has M4 feedramps.

Yes, they do.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Are their upper any good?  I have been looking to buy one (290 is a great price), but dont want to bother if they are junk.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, they do.

you made my day!
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Hopefully more people that have ordered recently will keep us updated on when they ordered and any updates like being charged or recieved there order.   Should all give allot of us some hope things are coming.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#23]
once the refund hits, I'm going to take the plunge on one of their 7.5" uppers
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey All !  Newbie here. I've been all over this site....Lurkin but decided to join to let you know how long it's been since I ordered my stuff from Red X   and RGuns.

Red X order was placed on 1/9/13 . All items were "In Stock".
Straight fluted stainless barrel
handguard cap
x-treme muzzle brake
multi tool
Delta ring assembly
Gas tube

No news yet.

RGuns order was placed on 1/10/13 all items were "In stock".
No news yet.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Im gonna send an email cuz ive been waiting since the 2-3 week front page was up. They dont reply in 2 days ill tell them to cancel it and just wait it out with someone else. Piss poor CS isnt worth a cheap price.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I should also say that I did email them about the wait time for in stock items I ordered.
Red X replied quickly to say "See our lead times on our home page."

RGuns never replied.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:39:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I emailed yesterday and got a response less than 5 minutes later. I asked if my in stock items would wait to ship when the back order items ship or if they would shipvthe in stock items first. The response was that they ship everything together and it would take the same amount of time for my in stock upper to ship as the back ordered bcg.. been about a month since I ordered.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#28]
The main page does say 20/30 days to ship.  I have got a bolt from them been good so far.  I just order a barrel so I will get back to you in about a month.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#29]
just ordered a complete a3 upper, no rush so see how long she takes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I ordered a few in stock items on 1/6/2013.. So I'm hoping they ship next week at the latest since that will be the max of 30 business days.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Just an update for you guys, i ordered a stripped upper from then on 1/4 and after an email asking, i got a pending charge and earlier today i got a shipping confirmation. needless to say i jumped on a aero precision upper as soon as they were in stock yesterday. I guess he has product but its a slow and painful process.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#32]
well after talkin with dsa and finding out my upper i ordered from them is still at least 2 months out i decided to put in an order for another "in stock" upper from redx i will hit the 30 business day mark from my first order in about 2 weeks so well see what happens.. worst case i can always cancel since they dont charge till it ships..
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Ordered a couple mags that were instock from Red X during the superbowl  and received them yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ordered a couple mags that were instock from Red X during the superbowl  and received them yesterday.

You mean you ordered this past week and already received them?  Hmmm..... Odd.  I have had a mag on order from them for weeks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#35]
I sure would like to hear more about the mags also since all my order was in stock and I am only at 15 business days so how he get them so soon.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey everyone I have ordered over $2,000 of stuff in the past 60 days. They are totally legit. If you created an account with them you will see your order go from new to invoiced and your CC will be charged approximately 2 days before it ships. You will also get a UPS email providing you a tracking number. Once the product is delivered you will also get a confirmation email. I know I don't post a lot but I'm 100% confident with Red X Arms.

Prior orders I didn't create a sign on
Order number 9465 - on 2/1 -items in stock - recd on 2/5
Order number 9667 - on 2/4 - items in stock - changed it invoiced 2/8, should ship on Monday.

I hope this helps you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for the insight.  My cc just got dinged for the upper receiver.  So hopefully my mag and barrel will be following in the next few days.  If so, then I am about 3 weeks away from finishing my first build.

Damn.... Now I have to secure some ammo.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 4:24:48 AM EDT
[#38]

Hmmm ?

Invoice# 7 * * 6
ordered on 1/9/13

Nothing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 6:52:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hmmm ?

Invoice# 7 * * 6
ordered on 1/9/13

Nothing.

Want one better than that???

Order# 54## placed on 12/21/12

IN STOCK AT TIME OF ORDER...
Havent heard a thing other than a order confirmation email..
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Looks like Red X is going to be one of those companies that greatly benefits from the panic mode.  Last August/Sept folks were talking about whether to take a chance on his extremely low priced 300blk barrels and BCGs or not, now it's hundreds of people with thousands of dollars worth of product on order from him.  

Interested to see what kind of reviews come out of this.  Basically the reputation that would have previously taken him years to obtain, good or bad, will all take place in a matter of months to a year from now.  Seems like a good guy, hope the reviews are well and the prices remain the same
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't like reading posts were it has been ordered since 12/21 in stock items and still no news that is over the 20-30 days know.  I don/t understand other posts that order only a week old and already have been billed.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Looks like Red X is going to be one of those companies that greatly benefits from the panic mode.  Last August/Sept folks were talking about whether to take a chance on his extremely low priced 300blk barrels and BCGs or not, now it's hundreds of people with thousands of dollars worth of product on order from him.  

Interested to see what kind of reviews come out of this.  Basically the reputation that would have previously taken him years to obtain, good or bad, will all take place in a matter of months to a year from now.  Seems like a good guy, hope the reviews are well and the prices remain the same

Ya have to wonder though. IF our items were in stock, I mean other parts on the site said out of stock so one would expect that if it said "in stock" then they must have them.
So what is so hard about putting that stuff in a box and mailing it?  Unless of course....There was no stock.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#43]
I ordered a stripped upper on 1/4. It shipped today
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Good to read someone else did a order and it shipped.  
But I have been wondering why in the last two months all the places that say in stock take 4-8 weeks to actually ship.  I would think all the stuff not in stock should beable to ship orders of in stock items since so much is out of stock.  But I don't know much so I have no clue.  I just wonder how much of the stuff that says in stock all these places is truly sitting on the shelves to ship.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#45]
My first order shipped today. Complete A3 flat top upper and a spare Pmag. I expect to hear about my barrel in another 5 days or so.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#46]
i just got a shipping notice on a upper i placed with them over 30 days ago...

Funny thing is i canceled my order becasue they would not retuen my emails... but its all good i can always use a upper
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
i just got a shipping notice on a upper i placed with them over 30 days ago...

Funny thing is i canceled my order becasue they would not retuen my emails... but its all good i can always use a upper

Invoice: 8**1 (A3 Upper)
Order Date: 1/17

Coming up, hopefully it has same meaning as yours.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I just got two more notices.  One for my ss hbar and another for the bcg I ordered before I found my Colt bcg. So now I will also have spare parts. Yay. Now the tough decision will be this. ... Do I work on my Ar or do I fix my water heater that just blew up today? Wife may have to deal with cold showers for a while.

Edit: my order/invoice #s were 7xx7, 7xx8, 8xx1, 9xx6
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Long time lurker, finally registered. I ordered the 7.5ss Tactical full upper minus BCG / CH a couple days before the Sandyhook incident. I received my upper 03 Jan 13. Tested it out, had no issues. The only complaint I have is that the T markings on the upper -not the rail just the upper it self- looked pretty poor. Over all, great product, definitely worth the money.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#50]
my card got ran today for a upper i tried to order jan 11, but my card got maxxed by brownells dinging it for a WMD BCG that wasnt actaully in stock, then WMD charging my card twice for one order...................$450+ in pending charges  that will all go no where.........shitty timing, maybe since they are all pending the card will figure it out, but they tend to stay pending for 1 week for a charge, and 2-3 weeks before they just drop off for these places that ding the card for a back order
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top