Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2013 3:01:56 PM EDT
Hi all,

After spending an hour or two looking through the self-build photo thread, I have seen many gorgeous rifles with camouflage on this thread. I am leaning toward the ones that are not completely camoed out (so you get some contrast).  I know there are a lot of black rifle purist who do not like camo on weapons and I can’t say I disagree.

Then I started researching makers of camouflaged furniture kits (grip, stock, hand guards, rails, VG, AFG, iron sights, etc.), but to my surprise, there are not that many of them.  Here is the one that I found looked great, but was not cheap (by my calculation, it will be $150-$250 in addition to what those items normally cost – so it is possibly more expensive than having your rifle dipped professionally).

For the pattern, I am leaning towards a digital camo  and I am recently liking the skull pattern also.  But I am open to other patterns also (such as A-TACS AU).

Questions:

1)  Suggestions on companies/web sites that sell camo AR-15 accessories.  Hopefully a few patterns to choose from and full selection of items.  A big plus is to have upgraded brands such as Magpul available (as opposed to their own only).

2)  Are there pre-camo accessories such as optics one could also buy; and if so, what are the chances that there will match the camo patterns (color and pattern size) of your camo furniture kit?

I am not looking for suggestions on having the rifle dipped or DIY kits as I already have a separate parallel thread going on here for that option.  So let’s just concentrate on the pre-camo gear on this thread.

Thanks all in advance,
Chip
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top