Link Posted: 1/31/2013 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just asking because a place here in ATLANTA get some like ever week the good 100 lowers 30 uppers 40 complete guns on tuesday

Who is that? Why not just grab one locally if available?

The ar bunker they have a FB page they update often and a webpage as well. well lowers are 159 so.....

I'd be highly reluctant to believe they receive that many, per week out of spikes. We buy millions of dollars a year from Spike's, and things are much more scarce than that. I could be wrong, but I dunno.
I called first thing this morning but they won't take orders over the phone.

$159 for a spike's lower isn't bad without a transfer fee in today's market, or shipping, and being able to support a local shop... At least IMO.

Thats what they got tues they do not get that much ever week.  I did pick up a lower the cal jack one,  i was surprised at the end of the day they still had 23 out of 100. Yes i do like supporting my loc store. But i like your store because you support us military guys

I just came home from the AR Bunker [3 hour drive one way after a 12 hour midshift.... hooyah dedication]. They sold out on Tuesday. It's gonna be a while before they have anymore in stock. Nice people though, and their shop is TRULY an AR-specific joint.... only 1 AR left on their shelves, and it was way to rich for my blood. That said, their prices aren't too bad. It did suck, though, that they wouldn't let me pre-order one for myself and one for my wife out of their next shipment, even though I showed up in uniform with a 6 hour round trip, but hey.... these is desperate times. When they DO have spikes [or other] lowers, they're indeed $159 a piece.

G'night.
V/R
Ken

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I ordered from Wideners on the 25th. Wideners is showing that my order is "processing." I just got off of the phone with my cc company and they said my card has been charged. No word from my ffl yet.

I ordered the same day and mine is still at "processing". I did receive an email today assuring that they had everything needed from me to ship but did not answer my other question, when would they be shipping. Oh well, hopefully soon. Maybe before JD does... Have not heard word one from those guys.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered from Wideners on the 25th. Wideners is showing that my order is "processing." I just got off of the phone with my cc company and they said my card has been charged. No word from my ffl yet.

I ordered the same day and mine is still at "processing". I did receive an email today assuring that they had everything needed from me to ship but did not answer my other question, when would they be shipping. Oh well, hopefully soon. Maybe before JD does... Have not heard word one from those guys.

Mine still says processing too, but UPS will deliver tomorrow. Their website kinda sucks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#6]
My card was also charged for Wideners today, and on their site is still says 'processing'...

I'm guess they are working through the orders today, probably in the order that they received your FFL info vs your actual order time as the FFL info would have actually completed the order...
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#7]
For anyone that has ordered from Rainier Arms what does it mean when status goes from "pending" to "FFL"??
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#8]
For those of us that got backordered on the adcor lower from Brownells the other day, They are estimating they will have those in mid February.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Got my shipping notice from Rainier Arms for the lower I ordered.

ordered 1/29
shipped 1/31

Gotta like that turn around time!
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Just received my order from CMT tactical. 4 weeks can't complain. They are very nice also!
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I made an order from Law Weapons this afternoon.  They still have stock and if they get my FFL today it ships today.  199 right now is not bad.  I had plans to pick up a lower at the upcoming gun show for around 275 more if anything stupid in the news happens between now and then but definitely not less.

Law Weapons

I will post updates as I hear them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got my shipping notice from Rainier Arms for the lower I ordered.

ordered 1/29
shipped 1/31

Damn I had my FFL send them his shit yesterday and they send me an email saying they need my FFL's shit.......lol    Hopefully they'll get it this time I also ordered on the 29th.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 on the Rainier order (Noveske), mine shipped today. Great turnaround, should have it early next week.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For those of us that got backordered on the adcor lower from Brownells the other day, They are estimating they will have those in mid February.

Was that offered before or after the $95 Tactical Solutions lower? Do you know?

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I ordered my Mega Arms lower from JSESurplus on 1/26 and just received my tracking #. Now I need my Umbrella Corporation lower to ship.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#16]
not sure it this is a re-post or not but just found these.....         http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3402
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#18]
UPDATE on the Rainier Mega Pistol lowers from a few days ago, within the last two hours mine went from "pending" to "ffl".
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that offered before or after the $95 Tactical Solutions lower? Do you know?

These were in stock the other morning. I believe it was Tuesday.  Apparently their website doesn't have live inventory - well not completely live in that it doesn't know things are out of stock right away, and some that ordered got put on backorder and from reading past posts here, some orders got cancelled.

Not sure which lower you are referring to, I only saw a back order option for tactical machining there but that was a while ago.  Don't know what the status is on those lowers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I ordered my Mega Arms lower from JSESurplus on 1/26 and just received my tracking #. Now I need my Umbrella Corporation lower to ship.

What lower did you order from them?
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
For anyone that has ordered from Rainier Arms what does it mean when status goes from "pending" to "FFL"??

Probably that it's shipped.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

from JSE...was it a Mega forged or billet?  thx

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
UPDATE on the Rainier Mega Pistol lowers from a few days ago, within the last two hours mine went from "pending" to "ffl".

Mine too so what the hell does that mean?  I've already had my FFL send his shit twice in the last two days........
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:All your posts are about this company, you'd think you work there....hint hint...
Pre hysteria prices? I don't think so...
That place is a rip off...$43 for a trasfer when everyone else in the area is $25! I know, I live in oakbrook, il

most places are 20-25 bucks out by me....I found one that's 10 :)  that's where I'll be doing all my transfers

I live too far away to work there.  My local ffl in OKC charged $45 transfer fee for the order, not for each individual receiver.  I have no problem plugging these people when they received my order, helped when I followed up with a question, traded ffl info with my local shop and shipped all in one day.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Mega Billet Lowers just went live................http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2538
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Mega Billet Lowers just went live................http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2538

Got one, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if forged, what was you order number?  I ordered 4 mega forged lowers from them on the 26th. Order 4333X
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#29]
PSA has the ATI polymer lowers again 69.99
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine too so what the hell does that mean?  I've already had my FFL send his shit twice in the last two days........

Right after I posted that, I got an email asking for my FFL info. I'd already sent it as well, but to the wrong address.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got one, thanks!

Thanks, but i am holding out for a Noveske Gen II
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Palmetto has the ATI polymer lowers showing right now...$69.99..throw the dice
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#33]
I have forged Megas on order with JSE from 1/20 and still nothing. Just wondering
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got one, thanks!

Are those kosher for other uppers?  Says they are made to match the Mega upper.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice try.  Notice that I cited a statute that has already been effect for many years.  And yes, the DOJ enforces the statute regularly.  In fact, if you email me, I will provide you several westlaw cases (between 2008 and 2012) where the DOJ has been enforcing the statute against people who have sold as few as four firearms (a lower is a firearm).  If you want to engage in the "business" of dealing in firearms, you better have an FFL or your facing five years in the pen.  Business has been defined by the Federal circuit courts as any economic motive.

I am completely good with that.  I have to order things through my FFL and pay transfer fees.  If I purchase a firearm in person at a LGS I have to wait an appropriate waiting period.  If you want to sell for a profit fill out the forms and get licensed.

Are you a lawyer specializing in gun legislation? Or have you applied for an FFL? There are circumstances in which you can sell and make a profit where the ATF tells you specifically to NOT get a license.

Hi Dan:  I note that you are a Team Member with a large number of posts and, therefore, I know you possess a wealth of firearm knowledge.  Although I did not quote any specific comment, my post was in reference to preceding comments in this thread about individuals “flipping” multiple lower receivers –commonly meaning the purchase and sale of an item within a short period for a profit.  My understanding is that this activity would be a violation of the GCA of 1968.  For the benefit of myself and others, please help us understand whether ATF/DOJ would frown upon non-licensees “flipping” lowers.  In support of my prior position, I provide the following, with web citations for those who do not have access to Westlaw:

Federal Statute states, “It shall be unlawful for any person except a … licensed dealer, to engage in the business of … dealing in firearms…” 18 U.S.C.A. § 922(a)(1)(A) (link: http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf).

Federal Statute defines “engaged in the business” as, “a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms, but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms.” 18 U.S.C.A. § 921(a)(21)(C) (link: http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf).

Notwithstanding the statutory defense for persons who transfer firearms “for the enhancement of a personal collection,” Federal Courts have held that, “The government need not prove that dealing in firearms was the defendant’s ‘primary business,’” it “need only prove that the defendant ‘has guns on hand or is ready and able to procure them for the purpose of selling them from to time to such persons as might be accepted as customers.’  U.S. v. Carter, 801 F.2d 78, 81-82 (2d Cir. 1986) (citations omitted) (link: https://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F2/801/801.F2d.78.86-1144.86-1141.1430-1433.html).  

A 2010 case affirmed an unlicensed dealing in firearms guilty verdict based solely upon evidence that a man sold an informant two firearms in a one month period and told the informant he had other firearms for sale. U.S. v. Shan, 361 Fed.Appx. 182, 183 (2d Cir. 2010) (link: http://federal-circuits.vlex.com/vid/united-states-v-shan-74614649).

In a 2012 Texas case, a Federal Court held that a “defendant engages in the business of dealing in firearms when his ‘principal motivation is economic’ and he ‘pursues this objective through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms’” U.S. v. Brenner, 481 Fed.Appx. 124 (5th Cir. 2012) (link: http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca5/11-50432/11-50432-2012-04-30.html).

In light of the foregoing, does a non-licensee not pose the risk of penalty under the GCA for  flipping lower receivers?

A lot of people just bought too many lowers not knowing what was going to be available and now just need to thin the herd.

Not a lawyer and considering an FFL.  I'll defer to the legal precedent provided by another user above as well as the advice of my attorney and my local FFL.  I discussed this with my local FFL and he asked his BATF liason.  She said buying lowers to flip and calling it "an effort to enhance your collection" is a mighty tall order and not recommended.  I don't want to find myself on the wrong end of trying to prove it because that's money I don't have.  It would be far less expensive to just apply for an FFL and list myself as a dealer.

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if forged, what was you order number?  I ordered 4 mega forged lowers from them on the 26th. Order 4333X

The Mega forged pistol lower. I'm sorry, I ordered it the 23rd my number was 4303X.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Says it's marked pistol...does that mean I can't put a regular AR upper with a stock on it?

Also they have my FFL listed on there find a FFL link. Does that means they have it on file already?

And do I just use that as the shipping address?
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#38]
PSA got those 70 buck ATI's
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Says it's marked pistol...does that mean I can't put a regular AR upper with a stock on it?

Yep, doesn't matter what's written on the lower.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really doesn't matter now because they are gone.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not a lawyer and considering an FFL.  I'll defer to the legal precedent provided by another user above as well as the advice of my attorney and my local FFL.  I discussed this with my local FFL and he asked his BATF liason.  She said buying lowers to flip and calling it "an effort to enhance your collection" is a mighty tall order and not recommended.  I don't want to find myself on the wrong end of trying to prove it because that's money I don't have.  It would be far less expensive to just apply for an FFL and list myself as a dealer.

Like I said. Their are circumstances of buying and selling that exist, where they ATF specifically says not to get an FFL. You can consider anything you want, you can listen to any chain of stories from your dealer etc, that you want. But when you apply for an FFL and have the actual documentation in front of you, then you'll KNOW. RIght now, you're trying to play an arfcom lawyer with shit that doesn't concern you at all. It gives the impression that you're here to cause trouble, not share an interest in firearms.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The marking doesn't mean a damn thing. Per the ATF Regs, so long as the first thing the lower is built into is a pistol, you can go back and forth between pistol and rifle configuration. If you want to build it into a rifle first, there is no problem with that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Snagged one of the forger mega lowers. Stoked! Got the last one in stock

Now I just gotta find one lower and I'll be set
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#45]

do these have to go through an FFL ?

sorry if its a stupid question but i ordered two of them and they didn't ask for any FFL information
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

do these have to go through an FFL ?

sorry if its a stupid question but i ordered two of them and they didn't ask for any FFL information

Yep.  It has to go through a FFL.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#47]
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ati-omni-stripped-lower-receiver.html
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Betcha ATI shipped all their lowers to PSA.  This is why all us who ordered last week got the shaft for 4-8 week delivery.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Betcha ATI shipped all their lowers to PSA.  This is why all us who ordered last week got the shaft for 4-8 week delivery.

Talked to Ati today, said if your ordered last weekend and get your ffl straight, your lowers will ship next week
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#50]
"Mr. *****,

We do not process orders for lower receivers to Cook County, Illinois.  Your order has been canceled.  My apologies that we did not inform you sooner.  We have been flooded with orders for the last month.

Thanks,

Richard Hoffman
Liberty Tactical LLC
Wauseon, OH 43567"

Cook County... I hate this place. I guess that frees one up over there for someone else
Page / 134
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top