Page / 134
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stripped Rock River Lowers at PK Firearms...Unless I'm seeing something wrong

RR Lowers

They ship fast too.  Bought it Monday night, FFL sent Tuesday, had it in hand on Thursday.

In stock almost 4 hours now. Stock has been lasting longer this week.

Is this an ok price for a RRA lower? How do I know if it's multi (5.56/2.23)
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
+1
Joebob---> Beware of feeding the trolls, it only makes for a never ending handbag fight.

& fwiw Although I didnt order from JB last night, (item out of stock) JB.com is much more active and helpful answering pre-purchace questions than most online retailers I've experienced.
I will keep JoeBobs on my short list of retailers to use on other ar parts/ammo purchases.  

Quoted:
Sorry to all those who have to read this crap here instead of what this thread is for. Hope some of you got a little good info about our friends from joe bob weather it's good or bad.

If troll means I was just stating facts and posting what they are doing then sure, I'm a troll. Sure they might be a good company for what you see and cool you ordered parts from them and got them in a timely manner. That's awesome that they are doing there job. But we all post here about the price gougers and above is a first hand proof of what is going on. Take it how you want and I will do the same.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RR Lowers

They ship fast too.  Bought it Monday night, FFL sent Tuesday, had it in hand on Thursday.

Ugh wish I held out.  This seekins lower is ugly as shit with the "grip" on the magwell.  Oh well

Haha, I wish the opposite.  I would have rather had the Seekins lower, but too late now.  I already built the RRA lower I got yesterday.  Maybe next month I'll pick up a Seekins
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My brand new out of the box New Frontier complete lower I just got from RifleGear

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/mcarse81/IMG_8197_zps31625ba4.jpg

Sucks, man.  I'd be disappointed.

Off topic, is the hammer made of plastic?
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RR Lowers

It's a shitty price for a RRA lower.  Hold out for one of the many others that come into stock every so often at lower prices.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RR Lowers

Its spendy for a forged lower and approaching billet prices. I'm limiting myself to $175 but they do keep going up. Sad to see PK following the trend.
All lowers will do .223/ 5.56 even .300 ACC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 rem. Unless of course its a .308 lower. The biggest difference in AR15 lowers is if you are building a pistol in some states it has to say its a pistol lower.
This from a noob thats trying to pay attention

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RR Lowers

It's multi, but says 5.56 on the lower.  I had a lower on backorder somewhere else for $150, but it was approaching 6 weeks with nothing (promised in 3-4 weeks) so I cancelled.  $225 was more than I wanted to pay, but to have it within 3 days of ordering, I'm glad I did.  I got tired of waiting for the other lower and eager to start on my first build so I guess I paid a premium for it.

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Whittakers still has the mag tactical lowers in stock.  Total with shipping and CC fee is $198...base price of $169....they charge $25 shipping on all firearms as stated on their website.  Had to call 100 times to get through.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brand new out of the box New Frontier complete lower I just got from RifleGear

Yes, the hammer, safety selecter, bolt catch, magazine release, trigger, detent pins, and sling attachment on the stock are all made of plastic.  I was not aware of this when purchasing.  The only reason I bought the complete lower is because I thought I was getting a good deal for a LPK included.   I can't picture a composite hammer surviving the abuse of the bolt carrier's recoil.    I guess I am paying the price for not doing more thorough research.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RR Lowers

Its spendy for a forged lower and approaching billet prices. I'm limiting myself to $175 but they do keep going up. Sad to see PK following the trend.
All lowers will do .223/ 5.56 even .300 ACC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 rem. Unless of course its a .308 lower. The biggest difference in AR15 lowers is if you are building a pistol in some states it has to say its a pistol lower.
This from a noob thats trying to pay attention

Thanks for the replies.  Fellow noob here too.  Wish I had built my first AR a long time ago now.  So now trying to find what I need and not get ripped off.  So thanks for the feedback and info.  I do have some money sunk in on http://www.rockethub.com/projects/15869 hoping it will pan out for the best.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, that one is damaged obviously.

So far I've had a good experience with the Frontier complete poly lowers with both a 5.56 and a .300 blk upper.  The single stage trigger has no creep at all to my numb fingers.  Maybe I'm lucky. Mine came from Joe Bob's.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Stripped lowers are back in stock at Aero

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/shop/ar15-stripped-lower-receiver
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the hammer, safety selecter, bolt catch, magazine release, trigger, detent pins, and sling attachment on the stock are all made of plastic.  I was not aware of this when purchasing.  The only reason I bought the complete lower is because I thought I was getting a good deal for a LPK included.   I can't picture a composite hammer surviving the abuse of the bolt carrier's recoil.    I guess I am paying the price for not doing more thorough research.

Interesting.  Sorry about your luck.  

Hopefully things will calm down and we can get back to building complete aluminum lowers for $200.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Aero has their 99, 150, 200 lowers back in stock.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

can't find them. do you have a link
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If troll means I was just stating facts and posting what they are doing then sure, I'm a troll. Sure they might be a good company for what you see and cool you ordered parts from them and got them in a timely manner. That's awesome that they are doing there job. But we all post here about the price gougers and above is a first hand proof of what is going on. Take it how you want and I will do the same.

Yes...because we all know an auction (where prices can go as high or as low as consumers are willing to pay) is "gouging". You are correct...

The word you are REALLY looking for is 'Profiteering', which a solvent business does on a daily basis, naturally.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RR Lowers

Ugh wish I held out.  This seekins lower is ugly as shit with the "grip" on the magwell.  Oh well

Haha, I wish the opposite.  I would have rather had the Seekins lower, but too late now.  I already built the RRA lower I got yesterday.  Maybe next month I'll pick up a Seekins

I'd offer to trade, but we are looking down the barrel of registration without transfer on AR's by the end of the month in CT, so we are really buying all the guns that we want to last the rest of our lives, so it is imperative that I have what I need in-hand when the hammer comes down.

In the past month, I've picked up a pre-ban Sendra, two Cav Arms, and the Seekins.  Hoping to snag one more, and then look at some AK flats or hopefully an FAL receiver.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

THIS is one reason I like my CAV-15.  Fortunately you have a lifetime warranty. The poly parts kit is the reason I never bought one of these at the shows for $125 when they were easy to come by.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#19]
LGS in Richmond, VA has an Aero Lower for $530.  Makes that $200 lower look like chump change.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

$200
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the first we've seen of that type of crack out of the tens of thousands of them we've sold. It almost looks like it was wayyy over torqued based on the break?

Forward pics and comments onto newfrontier via email and they'll replace it 1 for 1.

I received this response less than 10 minutes from my email to NFA about my broken lower.  I'm pretty satisfied with that.  Hopefully the process of getting a new one doesn't take long.  I just can't figure out how it broke like that when it was shipped in bubble wrap and the packaging was in perfect condition.   Anyways, enough of the negativity for me today.  Back to the lower hunt.

At your convenience, please send your lower receiver, along with a completed copy of the attached Warranty Repair Form, and we will assess the lower receiver, make any repairs/adjustments (or replace it completely), and get it back to you as soon as possible.  We apologize for any inconvenience, but we do back our products 100% with a lifetime warranty and will get you taken care of!
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#22]
whaat about the 99 one? all thats showing for me is the 200
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#23]
No one buy the aero lowers so they start filling my brownells back order.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$200

thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They are only 99 when the supply out weighs the demand.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's because Aero raised their prices from $99... to $150... to $200 over the course of the past 45 days.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because Aero raised their prices from $99... to $150... to $200 over the course of one day in the past 45 days.

fixed that for you.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because Aero raised their prices from $99... to $150... to $200 over the course of the past 45 days.

and yet i can still sell an aero locally for $265-$300.  (I did sell one just to get and pay for a northtech billet lower from rainer)
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
and yet i can still sell an aero locally for $265-$300.  (I did sell one just to get and pay for a northtech billet lower from rainer)

OMG you're going to hell.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Has anyone been able to put more than one in their cart from Rainier? They state TWO per customer but when i tried I got dropped back down to one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

saved by grace through faith, brother....  no chance.  

EDIT:  Didnt mean to add text without contributing:  2 IN STOCK AS OF THIS POST   $199 ($40 for your own custom engraving)
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Has anyone been able to put more than one in their cart from Rainier? They state TWO per customer but when i tried I got dropped back down to one.

What are you trying to order?

I was able to get 2 Seekins Forged Lowers on Weds.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#33]
It was two NorthTechs from earlier today. I'm guessing by the time I was filling out my information there might have been a web burp. At least I was able to still get one. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for when they get back in.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#34]
How long is it taking Rainier to ship the Seekins lowers? Do they email shipping notices? My account still says pending from an order a couple says ago. I figured it would take a couple weeks to ship.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

saved by grace through faith, brother....  no chance.  

EDIT:  Didnt mean to add text without contributing:  2 IN STOCK AS OF THIS POST   $199 ($40 for your own custom engraving)

6061?

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#37]

OOS - removed from cart....
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#38]

They are gone they were in stock for 10 seconds lol
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

OOS - removed from cart....

Same here

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#40]

That is on backorder....
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Anderson lower in stock at Bud's - $99 + free shipping.  Good deal....
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Just got a tracking number from American tactical omni lowers ordered on 1/26.  It was a fedex tracking number for those of you who just get a number sent to you but no carrier like I did.  Order number was 236xx for those keeping track.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

OOS at checkout

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OOS at checkout

Good sign that things are getting better with lowers under $100.... even if they sell out in 10 seconds...haha
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Anderson lower in stock at Bud's - $99 + free shipping. Good deal....

site is crashed!
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I ordered 2... should be good to go as they already have my FFL on file from previous orders! :)
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered 2... should be good to go as they already have my FFL on file from previous orders! :)

Thanks, I probably fat fingered during checkout

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Does Rainier send a confirmation email after an order?  I ordered a Seekins forged lower two days ago but haven't heard from them - order still says pending.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Does Rainier send a confirmation email after an order?  I ordered a Seekins forged lower two days ago but haven't heard from them - order still says pending.

Yes you should get one.  Order status will go from pending to FFL to pending to confirmed in that order.  If your ffl is on file or if sending in a new ffl all request should go to [email protected]
Page / 134
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top