Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2012 3:26:42 PM EDT
I am officially placing the order on the last part for my lower build (buffer), and I am ready to purchase an upper. I have a ST lower with Magpul ctr stock, Magpul moe+ grip, DD lpk, PSA 7075 RE, Magpul ASAP end plate, st-t1 buffer.

I originally wanted a spike's tact mid length upper for their price and good quality, but I don't feel like waiting 4-6 months for it. Can anyone reccommend my a reputable company for an upper with a good price as well?

I plan for optics in the future (eotech maybe?) will the fixed front sight be a problem?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Juan
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
J:  Why wait 6 months for some else's rendition of the upper assy you want?  Instead, buy the parts - an upper receiver, barrel, BCG, etc. - from the right sources and assemble it all yourself.  Rainier Arms has all the basic components.  You might have to go elsewhere for that special handguard you like.  If you buy someone else's selection, you'll probably end up changing parts later anyway. - CW

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop%2Fbrowse&category=ar15%2Fm16parts
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for rainier. They are my number 1 internet source for EBR stuff. Fast shipping and competitive prices.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If your looking for good quality complete upper at a good pricepoint. It's very hard to beat PSA FN hammer forged upper assemblies. Considering cost and quality.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/complete-uppers.html
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]
do psa uppers have a lifetime warranty? I was looking into bcm, how are these uppers decent?
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
do psa uppers have a lifetime warranty?

Yes they do.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#6]
...and there's always the Equipment Exchange route.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Or you could be a nutcase like me and get a stripped upper from Surplus Ammo and part teh whole dang thing together.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top