Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2012 12:59:44 PM EDT
Howdy everyone!

For those interested in taking an 80% complete paperweight and turning it into an AR-15 (Carbine, Rifle, or Pistol), we are hosting a series of build parties.
We have a full sized production mill with custom made precision fixtures, and all of the armorer hand tools you could think of.
Unlike a regular build party, this is more like a D-I-Y workshop... all you need is the 80% lower... we have everything else set up.
You finish your own lower,  instructors are on hand to guide you... but you finish your own.
Oh, and there is also a bead blaster for prepping. :)

Full info is here:  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=573827

(Sorry, I'm a long time lurker to ar15.com, and a long time poster over at CGN)

Our next workshop is June 30th.  

We will be running 1 or 2 parties per month, and as the tooling is made, we will be expanding into offering AR-10, 10/22, and other pattern finishing.

This is for California residents only, and the location is San Jose.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I know this is an ad but that would be so cool to be able to build my own from scratch and not have to buy jigs and such for one time use, okay maybe 3 times use. Having a coach over my shoulder so I don't waste the first three or so 80% lowers would be a plus too.

Are you helping with the anodizing too?
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have an anodizer lined up yet... but I'm working on it.  I send my stuff out to USAnodizing.com, but you have to engrave a serial number of some kind before they'll accept it.
I am still trying to find a local place here in the bay area that can do type III hard ano, and that has a class 7 FFL.  There are places down in SoCal, but I haven't found one up here yet.
There are lots of plating places that do type III ano, but without an FFL, you'd have to sit there all day waiting for them to do your part... which takes like 7 hours.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a few spots left for this saturday the 30th.

Next build clinic will be in mid July... but we don't have a date yet.

Also, expect 2 clinics in August.  :)
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#4]
This is nice for the west coast people.  Now we just need one of the workshops on the east coast and I'll be good to go
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#5]
damn i wish i would have known about this sooner, girlfriend will be out of town this weekend and this would be a perfect way to spend it.  anybody sell these over the counter...

will there be jiggs for .308 also?
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, we don't have .308 tooled up yet... but we plan on having it in the next month or two.  Especially since I'm itching to build one. :)

People have to bring their own paperweights, we don't sell them yet.

We don't have a date nailed down, but there will be another workshop in mid July.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Our next builder workshop will be on July 21st.  

We should have AR-10 finishing available for the August workshop (based on the Tactical Machining TM-10 80%).

:)
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]
July 21 is completely sold out.

The next builder workshop will be on August 18, and we will be doing both AR-15's and DPMS pattern AR-10's.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]
i might try for the august one assuming i can get a piece. i wish i wasn't so far though. (ventura)
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#10]
is there drinking?
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
is there drinking?

You must be kidding!!  That's kinda like going to work buzzed.  Usually not acceptable.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#12]
No drinking... it's more a workshop that a drunk-in-the-desert build party. :)

Details are here:

www.DarkSoulTactical.com
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top