Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/5/2012 2:03:52 PM EDT
I ordered a Classic LPK and a MOE Grip from Palmetto State Armory.  This to go along with my Armalite stripped lower

The standard grip fits, although it is tight and actually does not go ALL the way onto the lower.  The MOE grip will not fit onto the lower at all...either the portion of the lower onto which the grip slips on is too wide or the MOE grip's interior is too narrow.

Should I contact Magpul, or should I just work on the MOE grip with a little sand paper?
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It will fit it just takes some elbow grease.  I had the same problem.  Just get the bolt started for the grip and tighten it down.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
some wiggling, a third hand, and holding your tongue just right does the trick for me
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I Just get the bolt started for the grip and tighten it down.

Yup, this.  Once you get the threads to bite, your recalcitrant MOE grip will yield to the wrath of your screwdriver.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I actually had to take a small file and seriously file down several spots on the inside flats of the MOE grip to get it on the lower of a project rifle I'm building. No big deal –– I don't expect everything to fit perfectly, and I don't mind making them perfect with a little effort.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I just did a google search and see that it has already been discussed here before...seems it is a common problem
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep force it on,  it'll go eventually.  You shouldn't need to file or sand it, a lot of guys do, but then you lose that nice tight fit
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#7]
They are a tight fit. This is what I did...
Once I got the grip a couple millimeters onto the lower I put a little oil on the flats of the lower. Then just tightened the bolt until the grip was tight.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Apply KY, dim the lights and it'll go right in.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You forgot the Marvin Gaye
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Barry White.

I filed on mine to make the fit better.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 4:20:10 AM EDT
[#11]
They are extremely tight on my lower, but with a little effort it went on
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 4:43:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I just built mine a few weeks ago, all from PSA, and I had to put my lower in my vise and use a screwdriver with a square shaft and a small wrench to turn it. Make sure you use he screw that came with the MOE grip and not the standard mil-spec screw.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 4:59:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It will fit it just takes some elbow grease.  I had the same problem.  Just get the bolt started for the grip and tighten it down.

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean Conway twitty
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't forget to wear protection don't want to make a mess!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top