Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2012 5:17:20 AM EDT
I've been thinking about barrels for a build I want to do.  I think I'm set on a 1/8 twist, and have seen a few people mention WYLDE chambered barrels and that they are a little more consistent in their performance between 5.56 and .223. rounds.

What has anyone's experience been with WYLDE-chambered barrels?

I see Rainier occasionally has a good deal on Wylde 1/8 SS barrels, are there any other inexpensive options?

Link Posted: 1/23/2012 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The 223 Wylde is pretty much the same as a 223 camber but with a longer leade. It is used in target barrels a lot due to using the heavier/ longer bullets
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about barrels for a build I want to do.  I think I'm set on a 1/8 twist, and have seen a few people mention WYLDE chambered barrels and that they are a little more consistent in their performance between 5.56 and .223. rounds.

What has anyone's experience been with WYLDE-chambered barrels?

I see Rainier occasionally has a good deal on Wylde 1/8 SS barrels, are there any other inexpensive options?

The wylde chamber is in between the 223 chamber and 5.56 chamber and has a longer throat than the 223 chamber that allows you to shoot 5.56 nato ammo safely a 223 chamber will show pressure signs shooting 5.56 nato ammo. The wylde chamber is accurate and it allows you to buy bulk nato ammo for blasting and is accurate for your target or hunting loads.

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 4:27:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the Rainier 1:8 SS with the Wylde chamber and its very accurate.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top