Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2011 7:01:41 AM EDT
I am thinking of buying a Del-ton bbl assembly.  What is the word on them?
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Not the best. For a little more money you can get a PSA upper and it'll be "better quality" Palmettostatearmory.com
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a DTI carbine upper, it ain't "flavor of the month", but I've never had a FTF or FTE with it. More than can be said for the current "flavor" darling.
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Del Tons are fine..You wont have any problems.
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I've built several rifles using Del-Ton kits.  Not flashy, but consistently good rifles.

That said, I just got a PSA 16" SS, 1:8 mid-length with all the bells and whistles for $429, and it is pretty darn sweet.

Here is a pic on a CAV Arms lower with Gen 1 Night Vision...

- AG
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#5]
You've been here since 2004 and this is only your 2nd post?

To your question...my opinion is that PSA is a much better value than Del-Ton. PSA isn't much more money.
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had my delton upper since about april, and have shot about 2000 rds through it so far with no problems at all.  I have no reason to, but I'm now starting my second build, using mainly bcm and dd parts, not that I wouldnt do another delton, just want to change it up and Im now addicted
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I am a lurker, so what?
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I am thinking of buying a Del-ton bbl assembly. What is the word on them?

You'll like DelTon. You'll like most uppers. I like DelTon and currently own two. I haven't handled a PSA. I've owned and handled Bushmasters and Colts and I liked them all.
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not the best. For a little more money you can get a PSA upper and it'll be "better quality" Palmettostatearmory.com

Please back this up with some facts or I'm raising the BS flag.  

OP head over to deltons industry forum and you'll find plenty of happy customers.

Link Posted: 8/22/2011 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I own 8 AR's

At least 5 of them have Del-Ton Uppers.

1 - 20 Inch
2 - 16 Inch Middy's
1 - 16 Inch Carbine
1 - 11.5 Inch  (SBR)

They are ALL Good-To-Go!!! IMHO

Never had a problems with them....

Final thought, couldn't be happier with them...
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 2:06:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please back this up with some facts or I'm raising the BS flag.  

OP head over to deltons industry forum and you'll find plenty of happy customers.

I have two Deltons and one PSA, all are excellent shooters.

I am also waiting for the facts on why my Deltons are not as good as my PSA.
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 2:22:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 2:45:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am thinking of buying a Del-ton bbl assembly.  What is the word on them?

Didnt you get your question answered in your thread about half a page down from this??  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/545961_Del_ton_vs_PSA.html
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Love my Del-ton 20", 1/9 Govt. profile A2...have ~ 500 rds thru without an issue, works for me so far.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 7:19:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I havnt had a problem with mine yet seems decent I dont shoot alot as some here do but it never gave me a problem and i ve shot wolf through it  
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I used quotes because it is perceived quality. The delton uppers will usually be CMV while PSA chrome lined, 1:7 twist vs 1:9, lead-lapped so when you get it the upper is GTG, no break in period,  it's not much of a difference but it is what it is. If you plan on using heavier grain bullets than a 55gr maybe grab the 1:7, also Chrome lined will last longer. Increased life of the barrel = more bang for you buck. For your Delton upper you will have to pay $45 more for your upper to be chrome lined making the PSA upper cheaper than the delton. Also PSA has great customer service and custom builds the upper for you. No handguards, no BCG, no flash hider? everything is configurable. If you plan on putting on the zombie killer dust cover and don't want to have an extra laying around ask them to leave it off. They will quote you how much without those items. No unnecessary items laying around that you purchased and won't use.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Actually one of my Deltons' is a 1x7 chrome lined. Deltons' are gtg.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#18]
The only issue I have with my Del-Ton upper is the shoulder was not properly cut at a 90 degree angle. Other than they are GTG.

I went to attache the AAC brakeout mount, and it just wouldn't work. It's fine if you are just leaving on the instaled flashider though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 7:55:06 AM EDT
[#19]
They will both go bang when you pull the trigger. I just think what PSA offers for your money has a slight advantage.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Since PSA is the new kid on the block, they've decided to go after DSA and Del-ton's market. But Like the rest, demand and production cost will take their toll.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Since PSA is the new kid on the block, they've decided to go after DSA and Del-ton's market. But Like the rest, demand and production cost will take their toll.

While this is possible,  hopefully PSA has done their business model homework and learn from the mistakes of others. They have a very good thing going at the moment and
there is no reason to think that this cannot continue.

Don't drop the ball PSA!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top