Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2011 12:09:44 PM EDT
Hey all, I've been looking around this site for a bit now, and I'm looking at doing a first build.  I was wondering what you guys had to say about Del-Ton Inc.  I'm not necessarily looking for anything fancy––just a basic AR package to kind of get my foot in the door––but at the same time I do not want to buy something that I will shortly turn into a javelin out of frustration.  Thoughts?  Comments?  Sarcastic Remarks?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
DelTon is good to go.

I built my first AR with their midlength kit and an 80% lower...
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Good basic kits.

I've built many.  Never had a turd.

Go Del-ton with confidence.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a 20'' hbar upper from them during their Black Friday sale.

I was shooting with some 40 grain handloads and the accuracy is fantastic. I'm a cruddy shooter, but at 50 yards, I put 13 rounds through a hole that was 3/4'' at the widest part.

Quality wise, everything works flawlessly. It gets the job done, and gets it done really well. They make an excellent product for the money, and that's what everyone has said.

I have about 1,000 rounds through mine so far, and it works really well. I tried some cheap tula ammo when I first got it to see if it would even work, and it had feeding problems. I'm tempted to try again, just to see if it'll work, but handloads seem to be working excellent.

Buy one, you won't regret it. It's a super great value for the money, and I'm satisfied on how well it works.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive got there mid lenghth upper with a DD bcg - good to go.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Delton is good parts and CS is second to none I buy a lot of my build parts from them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#6]
My first AR is the DEL-TON M4 kit on a JD lower.  Took it out last weekend and put 100 rounds of federal brass and 80 rounds of wolf steel with zero problems.  CS is GREAT answered all of my questions.  Got mine from Cold Hand armory.  Now im changing out some things to more personalize for me.  For a beginner kit it can't be beat.  Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]
This seems to be the most frequently asked question lately.The answer is almost always the same.......yeS....yES, and......YES.

Makes the AR snobs shake in their boots just thinking about it.

Even Spikes and others had to start at the beginning.  HaHa!!!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#8]
built 5, 4 of which were deltons. no problems so far. mine has roughly 3k down the pipe, cant say about the rest of em but i know they get used and i havnt heard anything back from the owners.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I heard many good things about Del-Ton. Obviously, there isn't any torture test done on them, but , generally, the buyers seemed to be satisfied. An AR builder friend of mine recommends RRA, Stag Arms, DPMS ... and Del-ton for budget AR.

I just ordered a Del-Ton rifle kit less lower from JSE surplus today. They can ship out asap in comparison to Del-ton's 4 to 6 weeks lead time (Sad that I live in NC but can't get it any sooner than any one else...). Along with some very nice customizations (14.5" 1/9 Barrel, Chrome lined, Phantom Flash Hider, Chrome BCG, etc. etc.) There's an ArmaLite stripped lower on sale at equipment exchange that you can combine the two. Altogether, you get an amazing AR with lots features and fraction of the price of the big names.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought my 16" rifle kit from delton. Got roughly 300 rounds through it. No fte or ftf.  Customer service is fantastic. You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 6:36:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Delton is a good starting AR... you would be let down.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I have used Del-Ton parts on several builds.  No problems at all.  CS is great also.  Not high end stuff but not crap either.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the input everyone.  This will probably be my ordering point.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Cold Hand Arms has Delton in stock. Direct from Delton is 4-6 weeks.

Mid length kits, no lower receiver ––- $499   2 in stock

M-4 complete rifle kit with choice of Delton or Spikes lower ––-  $549    6 in stock

8 bucks for shipping, they go fast so I wouldn't waste too much time. I received mine in less than a week.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top