Site Notices
11/24/2014 4:59:23 PM
Author
Posted: 9/26/2010 2:22:06 PM EST
Man this sounds like a too good to be true price. It is listed on the Surplus Ammo website. The ad shows a properly staked key, but it does not say if it is MPI tested. Does anyone have any imput on this? I was looking for cheap parts for an economy build. What do ya'll think?
ARJJ
Rifleman
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2010 2:53:33 PM EST
Here you go, from the Industry forum: SAA BCG pics and info

It appears they are WIA (Wiltec) manufactured. The bolt in the photo is stamped "MP", but they don't specify if that's done individually or as a batch. The staking on the one in the photo sucks, but SAA admits it isn't great. For $100, though, you could spend 10 minutes properly staking it.

For a budget build, you could certainly do worse on a BCG.
STOP RESISTING!

fla556guy: "When you have a shit-hole the answer is to flush it as fast as possible, not bathe in the shit."
MarshalTex
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2010 3:08:13 PM EST
That explains the low price (buying in bulk), thanks for the info I didn't think to go to the industry section to look for more info. I definitely would add staking to what looks like a chisel stamp. I still wonder whether it would be better to pay a little more for a little better quality.
ARJJ
Rifleman
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2010 3:13:45 PM EST
Well, you said this was for a budget build.

I say get the best you can afford. DD, Spike's, and BCM all make very high quality BCGs. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of the lower-priced ones from SAA as a spare, or for a non-duty-use/plinking rifle, though.
STOP RESISTING!

fla556guy: "When you have a shit-hole the answer is to flush it as fast as possible, not bathe in the shit."
votefromrooftops
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/27/2010 9:00:58 AM EST
if the bolt is MPI then it should be GTG i would think.
If you voted for Obama, you are NOT my countrymen. You are NOT on my side. You are a TRAITOR, and when the time comes you will be treated as such.

- lloydkristmas
armorer_91f
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/27/2010 11:15:52 AM EST
Spend $30 more and buy a Daniel Defense from AIM.They also have free shipping.