Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2010 3:22:06 PM EDT
Man this sounds like a too good to be true price.  It is listed on the Surplus Ammo website.  The ad shows a properly staked key, but it does not say if it is MPI tested.  Does anyone have any imput on this?  I was looking for cheap parts for an economy build.  What do ya'll think?  
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Here you go, from the Industry forum: SAA BCG pics and info

It appears they are WIA (Wiltec) manufactured. The bolt in the photo is stamped "MP", but they don't specify if that's done individually or as a batch. The staking on the one in the photo sucks, but SAA admits it isn't great. For $100, though, you could spend 10 minutes properly staking it.

For a budget build, you could certainly do worse on a BCG.
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That explains the low price (buying in bulk), thanks for the info I didn't think to go to the industry section to look for more info.  I definitely would add staking to what looks like a chisel stamp.  I still wonder whether it would be better to pay a little more for a little better quality.
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, you said this was for a budget build.

I say get the best you can afford. DD, Spike's, and BCM all make very high quality BCGs. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of the lower-priced ones from SAA as a spare, or for a non-duty-use/plinking rifle, though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#4]
if the bolt is MPI then it should be GTG i would think.
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Spend $30 more and buy a Daniel Defense from AIM.They also have free shipping.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top