Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2010 10:11:17 AM EDT
I wank to built the best rifle I can... well I think we all are !!

At this time I'm ready to buy my LPK, but I want to buy the best one available.
based on your experience which one is the best quality/must reliable/smoothest working LPK ???

Thanks for your input !!
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]
im in the same boat, i just ordered my first lower today...Im seriously considering the DD
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Rock River Arms LPKs are a popular choice.  I used their kit on both of my builds and have been very pleased.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#3]
RRA is a great kit and uses coiled roll pins wich are easier to install and the standard pistol grip they include has a nice flat texture wich I liked. If you want a best of LPK check out G&R tactical. They put together a premium kit.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Stag LPK has the best out-of-box triggers.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
guys this comes up every week and the winners are always Stag/CMT, Rock River, Daniel Defense. this is what i've found over the years and what i have learned. Stag/CMT is my go to LPK due to quality, very crisp trigger and spiral roll pins, RR has spiral roll pins but the triggers of late can be crisp or very gritty(my last LPK from them had a trigger that would make DPMS triggers feel like a compition trigger). i have not used Daniel Defense but their reputation for quality is second to none. one other company worth mentioning is J&T/double star, their LPK's are fantasic, great triggers, extra springs and pins, and great customer service.

the LPK's i've used and would NOT recomned are DPMS, Anvil Arms, M&A, Model 1, blackthorne, CMMG off the top of my head. problems ranging from poor quality, horrible fitment, missing parts, out of psec parts, horrible triggers. this is MY opinion and what i've seen, if you try to save a few bucks, you will get what you pay for. some guys post praises on some of these, but i feel they are lucky

shop around and you can find great prices on the LPK's that are good and sometimes free shipping
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#6]
talking to my neighbor I mention that I was looking for a quality LPK, and he recommended Spikes enhanced LPK.
has any one used it ??

any links do that J&T/double star ???

thanks !
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
talking to my neighbor I mention that I was looking for a quality LPK, and he recommended Spikes enhanced LPK.
has any one used it ??

thanks !

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_97&products_id=422

Spike's Tactical Enhanced LPK-

-Spike's Billet Trigger guard w/Set screw
-KNS Gen II Mod II Anti-Rotation pins
-Spider Logo'd Ergo grip (Choose from Black, FDE, or OD Green)
-ST Battle trigger with Nickel Boron Coated Mil-Spec Single Stage Trigger, Disconnect, and Rounded hammer
-Ambi Safety Selector
-Mil-Spec bolt catch, mag catch, and mag catch button
-Mil-Spec detents, plungers, pins, and springs
-Quality Spiral roll pins for trigger guard and bolt catch
-1/4 Allen screw with washer for grip

thoughts / opinions???

Link Posted: 7/26/2010 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a fan of RRA's spiral roll pins, but after my last RRA LPK I can't recommend them. The trigger pull was 10lbs. However, G&R's LPK is fantastic and the trigger pull is closer to 6lbs. If you get the G&R LPK with the Magpul trigger guard DO NOT use the Magpul roll pin. Do yourself a favor and order some spiral roll pins from RRA's website.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Look into Essential Arms LPK's
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:06:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
has any one used it ??

thanks !

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_97&products_id=422

-ST Battle trigger with Nickel Boron Coated Mil-Spec Single Stage Trigger, Disconnect, and Rounded hammer
-Ambi Safety Selector

thoughts / opinions???

I have one on my 9mm M4. The trigger group is excellent for it's purpose. It had a little grit in the beginning but it cleared up after I shot 80 rounds through it. They also throw in a standard selector besides the ambi-selector which gives you options if you don't like the feel of the ambi-selector. I didn't. I thought it got in the way of my trigger finger when I would take it off safe. Also, one thing to consider is that if you order the FDE or OD grip, the KNS pins will be in the same color too. I didn't know that until I opened up the package. If you want black KNS pins, then I believe you have to order the black grip.

Link Posted: 7/27/2010 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#12]
That is the nicest 9 mm AR I've seen yet.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I really cannot complain about my Double Star LPK and is GTG but I would also like to try the Rock River 2 stage NM LPK on the next build.

Looks like a 9mm version of my .223 version

ODG = bringing sexy back!!!  

Cheers,
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 6:07:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
has any one used it ??

thanks !

-Ambi Safety Selector

thoughts / opinions???

I have one on my 9mm M4. The trigger group is excellent for it's purpose. It had a little grit in the beginning but it cleared up after I shot 80 rounds through it. They also throw in a standard selector besides the ambi-selector which gives you options if you don't like the feel of the ambi-selector. I didn't. I thought it got in the way of my trigger finger when I would take it off safe. Also, one thing to consider is that if you order the FDE or OD grip, the KNS pins will be in the same color too. I didn't know that until I opened up the package. If you want black KNS pins, then I believe you have to order the black grip.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab151/buddah671/DSC00180.jpg

Nice! What lower is that? ETA: never mind did a google search and found it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 5:37:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Stag LPK has the best out-of-box triggers.

+1
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#16]
nothing fancy needed, either Stag and RRA are by far most consistent in quality. I bought DPMS twice and both have some parts that's not fit perfect.
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm a fan of RRA's spiral roll pins, but after my last RRA LPK I can't recommend them. The trigger pull was 10lbs. However, G&R's LPK is fantastic and the trigger pull is closer to 6lbs. If you get the G&R LPK with the Magpul trigger guard DO NOT use the Magpul roll pin. Do yourself a favor and order some spiral roll pins from RRA's website.

I was impressed with the g&r Lpks I used for my and my fathers build.  The selector and bolt catch are lmt, not sure of the manufacter of the other parts.

I will also agree with the comment about magpul's roll pin.  I ended up buying a colt pin fir mine after struggling with the magpul pin on my fathers build.
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Stag/CMT is a very good kit with a very good ootb trigger, My RRA LPK went together nicely but the trigger wasn't as smooth as the STAG, I did a no name kit that had a horrible trigger the parts worked well and it went together well but the trigger sucked I pulled that out and put a STAG FCG in and all was well.
I would like to try the Spikes with the Boron coating, maybe to replace the RRA FCG.
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Here you go....RRA LPK for $50 shipped over on this forum. I just bought one yesterday and I believe it shipped today.

VA Guntrader Link
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I am a big fan of the Spikes Enhanced LPK's, I have installed them in my last 4 builds and they are top notch. $149.00 seems pricey until you add up the Ambi-Selector ($30.00,) KNS pins ($32.00) and Ergo Grip ($30.00) which are included and if you plan on adding these as I always do, it is a deal, especially with the FailZero coating!! Oh I almost forgot it also comes with a Billet winter trigger guard ($20.00.) Swing..
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Best?  The one that arrives complete.

DPMS is probably the best one for the money.  Hell, they probably make most of the parts in everyone else's.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#22]
M&A Parts Inc. Is a much better LPK than DPMS for the same price. $65 without a pistol grip.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#23]
M&A Parts Inc. Is a much better LPK than DPMS for the same price. $65 without a pistol grip.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#24]
The best? http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=CLPK&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DCOLT

OOS though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 6:07:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone have any experience with the Daniel Defense lower parts kit?
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Here you go....RRA LPK for $50 shipped over on this forum. I just bought one yesterday and I believe it shipped today.

VA Guntrader Link

I just order two.  Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I have used their parts kit in one of my builds. They are packaged very nicely compared to most brands and include a picture of all the parts with labels on it. My trigger was very heavy, but smooth, the hammer spring seemed stronger than any other kit I have used. Roll pins were the standard type not rolled (RRA's are rolled). Parts were very nicely finished compared to most others I have used.

Quoted:

Does anyone have any experience with the Daniel Defense lower parts kit?

I've also used Delton, RRA, RB Precision, DPMS, J&T/Doublestar, and CMMG. I haven't had any trouble with any of them. RRA and RB Precision are probably the easiest to install due to the rolled roll pins instead of split. CMMG is a bit odd because of the plastic detents, but they worked fine.

My DD hammer was notched but some guys have gotten kits with standard hammers.

If your on a budget get the DPMS, but if you want the Daniel Defense its only $20 extra. I bought mine just to try it and because I was using a DD bolt carrier group and DD Omega rail on that build.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I have read good things about the Armalite LPK although I have no personal experience with it myself. I may try one of their trigger/sear groups.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#29]
its GTG
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Check out Palmetto State Armory, they have DD LPK and LPKs with the Geissle SSA included.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Essential Arms LPK !
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Colt, DD, LMT, G&R, WOA, RRA, KAC are all ones I'd consider high end.  The G&R and WOA are the best priced among those, and make the most sense for somebody who will install a different trigger and pistol grip anyway.

I haven't owned an LMT LPK, and the Colt I used wasn't mine, but the lesser kits like the DPMS can has some quirky issues.

I'd just get a G&R or WOA and be done, or the trigger matters a lot, get the DD with GSSA from PSA and be thrilled.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#33]
The absolute best from a reliability & quality standpoint would be Colt with DD a close second.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top