Site Notices
7/31/2014 7:43:02 PM
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 7/26/2010 2:11:17 PM
I wank to built the best rifle I can... well I think we all are !!

At this time I'm ready to buy my LPK, but I want to buy the best one available.
based on your experience which one is the best quality/must reliable/smoothest working LPK ???

Thanks for your input !!
fviceberg
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/26/2010 2:49:44 PM
im in the same boat, i just ordered my first lower today...Im seriously considering the DD
DitchDr
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/26/2010 3:12:23 PM
Rock River Arms LPKs are a popular choice. I used their kit on both of my builds and have been very pleased.
Mccray
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/26/2010 3:18:35 PM
[Last Edit: 7/26/2010 3:19:44 PM by Mccray]
RRA is a great kit and uses coiled roll pins wich are easier to install and the standard pistol grip they include has a nice flat texture wich I liked. If you want a best of LPK check out G&R tactical. They put together a premium kit.
zzzspacezzz
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/26/2010 3:20:58 PM
Stag LPK has the best out-of-box triggers.
votefromrooftops
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/26/2010 3:36:38 PM
guys this comes up every week and the winners are always Stag/CMT, Rock River, Daniel Defense. this is what i've found over the years and what i have learned. Stag/CMT is my go to LPK due to quality, very crisp trigger and spiral roll pins, RR has spiral roll pins but the triggers of late can be crisp or very gritty(my last LPK from them had a trigger that would make DPMS triggers feel like a compition trigger). i have not used Daniel Defense but their reputation for quality is second to none. one other company worth mentioning is J&T/double star, their LPK's are fantasic, great triggers, extra springs and pins, and great customer service.

the LPK's i've used and would NOT recomned are DPMS, Anvil Arms, M&A, Model 1, blackthorne, CMMG off the top of my head. problems ranging from poor quality, horrible fitment, missing parts, out of psec parts, horrible triggers. this is MY opinion and what i've seen, if you try to save a few bucks, you will get what you pay for. some guys post praises on some of these, but i feel they are lucky

shop around and you can find great prices on the LPK's that are good and sometimes free shipping
If you voted for Obama, you are NOT my countrymen. You are NOT on my side. You are a TRAITOR, and when the time comes you will be treated as such.

- lloydkristmas
texasknight
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/26/2010 3:53:54 PM
talking to my neighbor I mention that I was looking for a quality LPK, and he recommended Spikes enhanced LPK.
has any one used it ??

any links do that J&T/double star ???

thanks !
bdawg998
Retail Engineer
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/26/2010 4:16:56 PM
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good."----George Washington
texasknight
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/26/2010 4:18:53 PM
Originally Posted By texasknight:
talking to my neighbor I mention that I was looking for a quality LPK, and he recommended Spikes enhanced LPK.
has any one used it ??

thanks !

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_97&products_id=422

Spike's Tactical Enhanced LPK-

-Spike's Billet Trigger guard w/Set screw
-KNS Gen II Mod II Anti-Rotation pins
-Spider Logo'd Ergo grip (Choose from Black, FDE, or OD Green)
-ST Battle trigger with Nickel Boron Coated Mil-Spec Single Stage Trigger, Disconnect, and Rounded hammer
-Ambi Safety Selector
-Mil-Spec bolt catch, mag catch, and mag catch button
-Mil-Spec detents, plungers, pins, and springs
-Quality Spiral roll pins for trigger guard and bolt catch
-1/4 Allen screw with washer for grip

thoughts / opinions???

clintox
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/26/2010 4:58:21 PM
I'm a fan of RRA's spiral roll pins, but after my last RRA LPK I can't recommend them. The trigger pull was 10lbs. However, G&R's LPK is fantastic and the trigger pull is closer to 6lbs. If you get the G&R LPK with the Magpul trigger guard DO NOT use the Magpul roll pin. Do yourself a favor and order some spiral roll pins from RRA's website.
Calgunner
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/26/2010 7:22:50 PM
Look into Essential Arms LPK's
Islandboy671
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/27/2010 8:06:49 AM
has any one used it ??

thanks !

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_97&products_id=422

-ST Battle trigger with Nickel Boron Coated Mil-Spec Single Stage Trigger, Disconnect, and Rounded hammer
-Ambi Safety Selector

thoughts / opinions???

I have one on my 9mm M4. The trigger group is excellent for it's purpose. It had a little grit in the beginning but it cleared up after I shot 80 rounds through it. They also throw in a standard selector besides the ambi-selector which gives you options if you don't like the feel of the ambi-selector. I didn't. I thought it got in the way of my trigger finger when I would take it off safe. Also, one thing to consider is that if you order the FDE or OD grip, the KNS pins will be in the same color too. I didn't know that until I opened up the package. If you want black KNS pins, then I believe you have to order the black grip.

gimlet
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2010 12:28:13 AM
That is the nicest 9 mm AR I've seen yet.
Wildomar_AR
BRDCON 1
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2010 12:47:41 AM
[Last Edit: 7/28/2010 3:24:44 AM by Wildomar_AR]
I really cannot complain about my Double Star LPK and is GTG but I would also like to try the Rock River 2 stage NM LPK on the next build.

Looks like a 9mm version of my .223 version

ODG = bringing sexy back!!!

Cheers,
All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife. - Daniel Boone
DirtyDrew
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2010 10:07:15 AM
[Last Edit: 7/28/2010 2:18:27 PM by DirtyDrew]
Originally Posted By Islandboy671:
has any one used it ??

thanks !

-Ambi Safety Selector

thoughts / opinions???

I have one on my 9mm M4. The trigger group is excellent for it's purpose. It had a little grit in the beginning but it cleared up after I shot 80 rounds through it. They also throw in a standard selector besides the ambi-selector which gives you options if you don't like the feel of the ambi-selector. I didn't. I thought it got in the way of my trigger finger when I would take it off safe. Also, one thing to consider is that if you order the FDE or OD grip, the KNS pins will be in the same color too. I didn't know that until I opened up the package. If you want black KNS pins, then I believe you have to order the black grip.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab151/buddah671/DSC00180.jpg

Nice! What lower is that? ETA: never mind did a google search and found it.
Variant
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2010 9:37:26 AM
Originally Posted By zzzspacezzz:
Stag LPK has the best out-of-box triggers.

+1
SCHEDIO
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2010 12:22:55 PM
nothing fancy needed, either Stag and RRA are by far most consistent in quality. I bought DPMS twice and both have some parts that's not fit perfect.
Toyoland66
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2010 12:41:55 PM
Originally Posted By clintox:
I'm a fan of RRA's spiral roll pins, but after my last RRA LPK I can't recommend them. The trigger pull was 10lbs. However, G&R's LPK is fantastic and the trigger pull is closer to 6lbs. If you get the G&R LPK with the Magpul trigger guard DO NOT use the Magpul roll pin. Do yourself a favor and order some spiral roll pins from RRA's website.

I was impressed with the g&r Lpks I used for my and my fathers build. The selector and bolt catch are lmt, not sure of the manufacter of the other parts.

I will also agree with the comment about magpul's roll pin. I ended up buying a colt pin fir mine after struggling with the magpul pin on my fathers build.
rick458
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2010 1:05:05 PM
Stag/CMT is a very good kit with a very good ootb trigger, My RRA LPK went together nicely but the trigger wasn't as smooth as the STAG, I did a no name kit that had a horrible trigger the parts worked well and it went together well but the trigger sucked I pulled that out and put a STAG FCG in and all was well.
I would like to try the Spikes with the Boron coating, maybe to replace the RRA FCG.
aDillo
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/3/2010 10:50:21 PM
[Last Edit: 8/3/2010 10:52:45 PM by aDillo]
Here you go....RRA LPK for $50 shipped over on this forum. I just bought one yesterday and I believe it shipped today.

VA Guntrader Link
freelancekilla
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/23/2010 2:03:43 AM
[Last Edit: 8/23/2010 2:05:44 AM by freelancekilla]
I am a big fan of the Spikes Enhanced LPK's, I have installed them in my last 4 builds and they are top notch. $149.00 seems pricey until you add up the Ambi-Selector ($30.00,) KNS pins ($32.00) and Ergo Grip ($30.00) which are included and if you plan on adding these as I always do, it is a deal, especially with the FailZero coating!! Oh I almost forgot it also comes with a Billet winter trigger guard ($20.00.) Swing..
BSWilson
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/23/2010 2:07:51 AM
Best? The one that arrives complete.

DPMS is probably the best one for the money. Hell, they probably make most of the parts in everyone else's.
altopwescap
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/23/2010 3:37:08 AM
M&A Parts Inc. Is a much better LPK than DPMS for the same price. $65 without a pistol grip.
altopwescap
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/23/2010 3:58:16 AM
M&A Parts Inc. Is a much better LPK than DPMS for the same price. $65 without a pistol grip.
jayhanfosho
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/23/2010 4:04:02 AM
The best? http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=CLPK&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DCOLT

OOS though.
22Dedication
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/23/2010 10:07:34 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Daniel Defense lower parts kit?
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED