Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 12/22/2009 7:29:47 AM
cany anybody tell me if blackthorne is a good company to buy from
blaster_54738
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 7:39:10 AM
in short no. google there many different company names, hesse, blackthorne and vulcan. pretty much all bad
gates75862
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 8:04:05 AM
even if it will not be shot more then a hundred times
tommyt
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 8:11:08 AM

Here it comes. Just say no.
Byrd-Shooter
Reporting from my hole in the wall...
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 8:21:23 AM
Please use the SEARCH option

dear God..... awful company

كافر
JustKeepSwimming
Created with no sporting purpose
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 8:59:20 AM
Originally Posted By gates75862:

There's a good chance a Blackthorne won't be shot more than 100 times whether you like it or not.
Posts may contain sarcasm or have been typed on equipment that contains sarcasm
Gingerbreadman
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 9:26:46 AM

warpig8654
Gunny
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 9:27:17 AM
Lots of Blackthorne inquires in the last week. Don't allow their low cost to be appealing to you. Just don't buy from them & you will thank us later. They are total & utter crap.
"You can take the man out of the Marine Corps but you can never take the Marine Corps out of the man"

"If I wanted your opinion I would give it to you" - Gunny

Jesus is my lord & savior.
COMMAND450
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 10:34:12 AM
from hesse to vulcan now, blackthorne............

what a joker nasty azz clown outfit !!

changing the name of the dirt bag opperation, inorder to continue to scam people.......

where theres confusion, theres illusion...........and when theres illusion, theres profit !!!
mrbgt
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 10:43:34 AM
mine works fine , I've put around 750 rounds through it. I did notice they raised their prices , so the savings isn't all that good compared to other companies . Especially when you know any site sponsors will take care of any problems you might have. When I purchased mine I paid $369 for a 20'' A3 . That was cheap , and comparing it to my M&A middy , there wasn't that much ''noticable'' difference in quality . The Blackthorne metal parts all look to be DPMS . The stock and handgaurds do look a little cheaper in quality .
polymorpheous
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 10:57:02 AM
Originally Posted By Gingerbreadman:

i think that is a sin, isn't it?
PursuitSS
...believe in me, I'm with the High Command.
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 11:00:09 AM
cany anybody tell me if blackthorne is a good company to buy from

COMPLETE, UTTER, TOTAL, SHIT!

Run, don't walk away from it!

What does it tell you that a company is on their fourth name change! This time they went as far as trying to claim they are over 100 miles away from their actual address.

PursuitSS
"When trading bullets it is better to give than to receive"

"Take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your clothes and buy one!" Jesus Christ - Luke 22.36
glazer1972
Lifetime Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 11:02:58 AM
AJNTSSA!

blacthorne=vulcan=hesse=POS
المسيحي, النصراني

NRA Life Member

A.R.M.S.

AAC
NoIllegals
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 11:25:16 AM
I guess i F &*ked up. I bought an AK romy parts kit from them last year- It went together well and everything was good. No problems. I was shopping for a AR parts kit online and found the del-ton kits, but they were supposedly going to take Months before they would be able to ship. I was looking at the AKpartskits.com and found that they had the AR kits in stock and ready to ship. From the info i found on blackthorne, i understand the Uppers are made by LAR and the barrels are mossberg. It seems to me that they use decent parts, and the kit i got was $100 less than del-ton and everything was there. It fits my billet lower perfectly and as far as i can tell, looks and works correctly. I just finished putting it together and have not test fired it yet. If their stuff is no good- Why? How do you tell the difference in makers and or quality? What do i need to look for in my kit that i may need to check or fix?
powdershots
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 11:33:52 AM
not this shit again
Nowski87
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 12:01:09 PM
This is a first hand experience. When i first got my rifle and before I joined here all i wanted to be super tactical. Flat top upper, rails all that crap. Well i took the rifle to a buddy of mine that builds his rifles and he had nice ones too. He tells me I can get what I need on the cheap through Blackthorne. I look at their site and I say ok lets do this. I get my stuff get it put on, after a few weeks I got to fire it and i have a bolt action AR. So I do a once over and my gas block is canted, my fault thats fine. I fix that go to test it again I get about half a mag then its on malfunction after another, and my forward assist came flying back in to my face.

So at this point I'm pissed I go home do some research on the company and find a laundry list of problems, out of spec rails, soft metals, poor machining. Well after doing the research, I decided to go back to the original look of my rifle. So I take it and the original parts to an reputable gun shop that I do business with all the time, to use there back room with there smith. As I change it all out I find, the rails I got striped out after being taken off, the thread crumbled, my gas block was out of spec and the metal was so soft that is warped with the heat. My upper was out of spec for the FA and that just like the gas block the gas port was machined like garbage and had warped. In short don't buy it its crap, it cost me almost 300 dollars to learn that.
This here is an 88mag, it shoots through schools.
PursuitSS
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 12:05:57 PM
Why is does it seem like the people who stand up for Hesse / Vulcan / Blackthorne / Velocity all are low post count noobs?

Odd?

PursuitSS

"Take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your clothes and buy one!" Jesus Christ - Luke 22.36
KELBEAST
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 12:08:23 PM
Originally Posted By NoIllegals:
I guess i F &*ked up. I bought an AK romy parts kit from them last year- It went together well and everything was good. No problems. I was shopping for a AR parts kit online and found the del-ton kits, but they were supposedly going to take Months before they would be able to ship. I was looking at the AKpartskits.com and found that they had the AR kits in stock and ready to ship. From the info i found on blackthorne, i understand the Uppers are made by LAR and the barrels are mossberg. It seems to me that they use decent parts, and the kit i got was $100 less than del-ton and everything was there. It fits my billet lower perfectly and as far as i can tell, looks and works correctly. I just finished putting it together and have not test fired it yet. If their stuff is no good- Why? How do you tell the difference in makers and or quality? What do i need to look for in my kit that i may need to check or fix?

AAAND the low post count Blackthorne supporters show up.
Chucks1911
Liberals "Damage my calm"
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 1:09:47 PM
Originally Posted By powdershots:
not this shit again

+1
Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

You ain't nothing but a paid killer out to pasture teaching the wannabe killers how to do it right.---danc46
glazer1972
Lifetime Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 1:16:20 PM
I notice that they are advertising in shotgun news. That probably is a good explanation for these threads.
المسيحي, النصراني

NRA Life Member

A.R.M.S.

AAC
COMMAND450
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 1:28:55 PM

the reason it was less than the "entry" level delton is its made of cheap metal, more than likely chinese crap. no different than any other tools. you can buy a cheap chinese socket set or a good american made one, that will last generation after generation. if you just look at it and use it once a year, you may not have any issues. but if you use it hard,on a regular basis......the cheap shit breaks,period. now some people can spot a cheap chinese socket over a USA made one,some cant. same with AR parts,depending on what it is.

heck there are stories like the one above, for years now, where they dont even run out of the gate. its not just dreamed up!! the sad part is, all it takes is another $100-$200 more and you can get a BCM !! or what ever other much better brand out there. then if you go to sell the joker stuff, you will have to give it away on the used market,because NO ONE WANTS IT. you will lose all the money you tried to save in the end !!

I hope it treats you well........if you ever end up keeping it. best to put on a face sheild when you do shoot it !!

scarffstone
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 2:32:15 PM
Originally Posted By Chucks1911:
Originally Posted By powdershots:
not this shit again

+1

Byrd-Shooter
Reporting from my hole in the wall...
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 2:34:28 PM

Maybe you should do more homework.... for one, Mossberg doesn't make AR barrels

كافر
PursuitSS
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 2:49:27 PM
Originally Posted By Byrd-Shooter:
for one, Mossberg doesn't make AR barrels

I've seen other postings quoting them saying they have Mossberg manufacture their barrels.

I also have noticed that under their guise as "Blackthorne" they also are known as "AK Parts Kits LLC"

So we now have Hesse (the original) operating under FIVE DIFFERENT COMPANY NAMES!!!

PursuitSS

The_Beer_Slayer
Combat Moderator
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 2:56:30 PM

bolt,bolt carrier, FP, and pretty much any other part. the BBL MIGHT be salvageable IF hesse didn't make it.
TBS is an island of Sanity in a sea of bullshit.
jkstexas2001

Originally Posted By Cypher214:
If bigfoot makes it through 90 rounds of .223, 45 rounds of 9mm, and one sharp KaBar... he deserves my anal virginity.
45FMJoe
Vote Barry Goldwater in 2012!
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2009 2:59:35 PM
Fuck yes, in on one!

The answer is NO
Operation LARUEMINATI - SS17
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED