Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2009 9:19:04 AM EDT
Does anyone know what the finish looks like on the Delton flat top upper?

I'm looking at putting one with a spikes lower, but was wondering how off the finishs will be.

I believe the Spikes lower is more of a matte black.

Also, is the long wait times from Delton on all of their products, or just certian things?

Link Posted: 10/13/2009 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The one I put together 4 months ago matched up pretty nice. This is the only pic I have of it. I traded for another rifle.

Link Posted: 10/13/2009 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered some parts Thursday from delton.  They arrived yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I ordered some parts Thursday from delton.  They arrived yesterday.

Was it a flat top upper, lol......
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The one I put together 4 months ago matched up pretty nice. This is the only pic I have of it. I traded for another rifle.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o79/boaman88/P1010302.jpg

That does look good, is that a spikes lower, or another brand?
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a 16" midlenth on 6/6/2009. I have a confirmation # but still have not recieved it. So 4 months isnt near long enough to wait...
I have a 20"(ordered B4 knucklehead took over ) and I love it.  So I keep waiting, waiting......................
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ordered a 16" midlenth on 6/6/2009. I have a confirmation # but still have not recieved it. So 4 months isnt near long enough to wait...
I have a 20"(ordered B4 knucklehead took over ) and I love it.  So I keep waiting, waiting......................

I know that the wait on the complete upper/barrel's have the long wait, but not sure about just the uppers.

Did they give you an expected date of delivery?
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's just the upper you want then order from BCM & have it in a few days if it's in stock.
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If it's just the upper you want then order from BCM & have it in a few days if it's in stock.

Hows their finish compared to the spikes?

Do they offer a mil discount?

I see they have a close out on a 16" barrel for $169....
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hows their finish compared to the spikes?

Do they offer a mil discount?

I see they have a close out on a 16" barrel for $169....

I don't know about the finish match. Colors can vary on receivers anodized in the same batch so trying to determine what receiver will match is just guess work. BCM doesn't offer trade discounts as the prices on their website are already discounted.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 4:50:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o79/boaman88/P1010302.jpg

That does look good, is that a spikes lower, or another brand?

Its a Spikes lower. Thats all I have bought so far. They are local and are always at the Orlando gun shows. Of the 4 Spikes lowers I have purchased I have noticed little differences in them. I'm pretty sure they use more than one manufacturer or have used more than one. The finish however has always been pretty much the same.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that the wait on the complete upper/barrel's have the long wait, but not sure about just the uppers.

Did they give you an expected date of delivery?

Nope, I figured 6 months wait. Its just to complete a spare lower. It will prob be my Christmas present

Link Posted: 10/15/2009 2:04:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I think what I'm going to do is just get the Spikes stripped lower, and the Spikes flat top upper.

Its about 30 bucks more then delton, but the finish should match, it will have a matching logo, and should be able to get it in a reasonable time.

Any problems with their upper?
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 2:10:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Once again, just because two receivers are from the same manufacturer doesn't mean they will match. Don't worry so much about having matching receivers & worry more about getting a quality, good functioning set up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 2:12:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Once again, just because two receivers are from the same manufacturer doesn't mean they will match. Don't worry so much about having matching receivers & worry more about getting a quality, good functioning set up.

Any thoughts on quality of the spikes upper?  Compared to the delton?
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any thoughts on quality of the spikes upper?  Compared to the delton?

I hear Spikes gear is some of the best gear you can buy.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top